The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Would you buy a tribute album?

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
New Order has this thing, called Community, a huge number of bands, mostly amature make covers of some songs and then enter a contest. The best ones form a tribute album called Community and is sold through NewOrderOnline website, would you buy something like this from your favorite band? Do you like the concept?
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I don't think I would.  What made people like the band and their music was the original sound so a remake is usually met with scorn because it is "just not the same".  I don't mind a live performance by the original performer, but covers are hit and miss.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Well, that depends, some f the performers I've heard in Community are pretty good, not as good as the original of course, but still pretty good.

There's an odd case for me, like every New Order fan I hate Blue Monday, however Orgy's cover of this song is great, I have it on my mp3 player and I don't have the original.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool