The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Song Club: Week 1 (12/14-12/21)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Anyone can join in at any time, but I think it will help if I can demonstrate exactly how this works.  You basically pick a song, encode it to a low quality mp3 or wma file (32-80kbps), upload it to a place (yousendit preferred), and explain what you like/dislike about this song and why you recommend others listen to it.  Album art/purchase link is optional.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sesame Street Cast - Keep Christmas With You {Christmas Eve on Sesame Street}

While Christmas is in the air, I've decided to share this largely unknown gem from "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street".  Performed by Bob (and yes, he's still on the cast to this day) and the children, the song is about how you can keep the goodwill and cheer of Christmas year round, and it is not only reserved for the month of December.  Its a good message for all children.  Why only be good or pleasant at one time?  Friendliness is something you can share year round.  The song is simple as a vocal performance with piano and small orchestra accompaniment.  Keep that Christmas cheer strong! :) :)

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
My track is on YouTube (Ignore the video, just listen to the song, fandvids :rolleyes: )

This song is by Sugarland, and it's called April Showers from the album Enjoy the Ride

I love it :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Never heard of Sugarland.  I'm not that big into country but I think this might be a group worth checking out. :)

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I have both of their alba, I'll try and check yours out tomorrow, as my computer isn't in what I will call a "download mood" right now -_-;

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My contribution for the week:
Nightwish - Meadows of Heaven
(80 kbps mono MP3)

Lyrics can be found here.

One of my favorite songs on Nightwish's new album, "Dark Passion Play".  For some reason this song always reminds me of the early LBT films (especially #1).  I think some of the lyric lines tie so nicely into LBT in general that I can't help but notice it. :P:
Wildhoney and dew

Childhood games
Woods and lakes
Streams of silver

The flowers of wonder
And the hidden treasures
In the meadow of life
My acre of heaven
A 5-year-old winterheart
In a place called home
Sailing the waves of past

Meadows of heaven

Dreambound for life

Flowers wither, treasures stay hidden
Until I see the 1st star of fall

I fall asleep
And see it all:
Mother's care
And color of the kites

Meadows of heaven

I can't help but get a sort of nostalgic, almost dark, yet peaceful feeling when connecting these lyrics to LBT.  

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
For those who don't want to download my song, you can click on this image to stream it from photobucket. :)  I'm willing to do this for my future clips if this is a preferred method of delivery.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Sorry about that..I was trying to work out how to get smaller filesizes.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
for me that's the preferred method, I can't get them to download right, they always stop still as .part files