The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Score

fanciful_flyer

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://https://reia73.wordpress.com/
Does anyone know if the score from any of the LBT movies (besides the first) can be found/had? I know that the soundtrack/score exists for the original movie, and that they also came out with one called "The Songs From The Land Before Time" which include vocals from some of the movies. But I've done some searching and can't seem to find a score for any of them except the first. Maybe it doesn't exist, but does anyone know for sure? Thanks in advance.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Two tracks from the sequels from their composer, Michael Tavera, can be found here, on his website:

http://michaeltavera.com/animation/land-time-sequels/

That's all that I'm aware of at the immediate moment, though if you record the audio from the end credits from the films, you can get quite a bit of his music! :)

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
See my music thread in LBT projects :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
YouTube Playlist of some tracks from the sequels ;)

(hope it's okay to put the link in here  :unsure: )
Inactive, probably forever.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I made a thread about this myself earlier. The score is that good.  :smile

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I'd like to know the music from LBT 10 where the orange brown Sharptooth appears and then all the way to when Bron kicks him down the hill. Got any video?
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

fanciful_flyer

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Apr 18 2015 on  08:23 PM

This is great, exactly what I was hoping for! There's still a few the person hasn't put up that I'm searching for, but it's a great start. :D
Thank you!

And thanks to everyone else, too! ^^

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
id like to know how people record this stuff. I found out this is TwinSanityUniverse. His channel was suspended a couple years ago. He has another channel, i guess. Im looking for the rescue sequence in lbt 10 with the sharpteeth. Again, got anything?

EDIT: It's this track: 52:00

Go from 52:00 to 56:36. Got the track?
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
There's still a few the person hasn't put up that I'm searching for

Sadly, what you're searching for generally isn't made available to the public.

Even for larger film scores, typically the score itself isn't really treated with a lot of respect:

* The sheet music typically isn't available

* It can't be purchased on a soundtrack

* Even the master copies may not exist anymore because they're no longer of use and just take up space somewhere - It costs someone money to store all of it.

Long story short, many film scores just aren't kept anywhere at all. Odds are the master recordings just don't exist, or only exist in the hands of one or two people (the sound engineer and composer, for their portfolios for getting future contracts). Those people aren't going to part with them unless you're willing to pay hefty royalties..and even then it probably isn't worth their time.

-------

In order to get what you seek, you're going to have to reproduce the score/track yourself by ear or find someone else who has already done so. Alternatively, ask the composer directly if you can get a copy of the audio, but that typically won't work.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Apr 18 2015 on  07:23 PM

This....This is the greatest thing ever! Thank you a TON for sharing it.

I've ripped all of the audio from those videos as MP3s. I put them in a .zip file on my Google Drive for anyone who wants to grab them:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B96eLzW5--...iew?usp=sharing

For the record, this .zip contains 17 mp3s of various instrumental tracks from the sequels.

I've made this available because none of these tracks are available to purchase through ANY means.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Asuma17 is the one who made the soundtrack thingy, Ducky. I asked him if he could upload some more music score, like the one I wanted too.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Bah, I'll just say this now. I might as well! I've been working on a music project involving the songs, homemade music, and score (yes, score) from all the LBT movies (well except LBT 1's score obviously). The scores are from the man (like literally from) Michael Tavera himself. In all it is a massive collection and has taken quiiiiite some time to get ready, but I expect an end of April or first week of May release if finals be gracious. So stay tuned! I keep updates in my music project thread in LBT projects.
 :angel

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is great, exactly what I was hoping for! There's still a few the person hasn't put up that I'm searching for, but it's a great start. biggrin.gif
Thank you!
This....This is the greatest thing ever! Thank you a TON for sharing it.
You're welcome  :angel I actually found them about a month ago but back then I wasn't sure if it's okay to post links so I just mentioned the name of the user on YouTube which was probably buried by L&AT when he was still around :p

Asuma17 is the one who made the soundtrack thingy, Ducky. I asked him if he could upload some more music score, like the one I wanted too.
Yep, I knew he's the one (which quite surprised me since he never mentioned his YouTube channel on DA as far as I'm aware...) saw the link to his DA on his YT channel and then *realisation*  :wow

Bah, I'll just say this now. I might as well! I've been working on a music project involving the songs, homemade music, and score (yes, score) from all the LBT movies (well except LBT 1's score obviously). The scores are from the man (like literally from) Michael Tavera himself. In all it is a massive collection and has taken quiiiiite some time to get ready, but I expect an end of April or first week of May release if finals be gracious. So stay tuned! I keep updates in my music project thread in LBT projects.
dino_angel.gif
Well, that's awesome! I knew you were doing... something but I didn't think it would be so great a project. I think I've gotta say, thanks Michael Tavera for allowing this to happen :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

fanciful_flyer

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Apr 21 2015 on  07:09 PM
There's still a few the person hasn't put up that I'm searching for

Sadly, what you're searching for generally isn't made available to the public.

Even for larger film scores, typically the score itself isn't really treated with a lot of respect:

* The sheet music typically isn't available

* It can't be purchased on a soundtrack

* Even the master copies may not exist anymore because they're no longer of use and just take up space somewhere - It costs someone money to store all of it.

Long story short, many film scores just aren't kept anywhere at all. Odds are the master recordings just don't exist, or only exist in the hands of one or two people (the sound engineer and composer, for their portfolios for getting future contracts). Those people aren't going to part with them unless you're willing to pay hefty royalties..and even then it probably isn't worth their time.

-------

In order to get what you seek, you're going to have to reproduce the score/track yourself by ear or find someone else who has already done so. Alternatively, ask the composer directly if you can get a copy of the audio, but that typically won't work.
It was worth a shot. :/
I'm glad they at least have some.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Asuma17 just said I could have my name for the request in the description. Well I asked and he said sure. Check his Deviantart Gallery Page. I'll put the link when I get off my mobile device.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile