The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Original Literature Project: Longfeather

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
I was sharing a bit of information with Petrie via IM concerning a literature project that has been on my mind for a good six years now.

He talked me into posting something about it on these forums (which to be honest is something I'm still a bit skiddish about) I decided to post this thread to see if there'd be any kind of interest in reading it.

What I'm looking for are a few trustworthy private readers who will aid me in my writing journey. This project is something highly of importance to me. and its perhaps the highest peak of my personal creativity.

Not only will this project involve literature, there are also illustrations, songs, maps and a deep enthralling mythology and history to the world that this story is based upon.

This is nothing LBT related, and the work is completely original, with a few exceptions to inspirations from certain other series (what work does not have these?)

This series is a planned five book series, based upon an anthromorphic world based in the fantasy genre.

To give one a better understanding, imagine Disney's Robin Hood with Tolkien and Final Fantasy style elements (an example that may also make one think of this as a bit cheeseball'ish but trust me here! It's something truly amazing!)

I'm open for questions. So if anybody has any, feel free to post them here.

What do ya'll think?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Goodluck.  Though I've not read fantasy in many many years, there are some out there with anthro animals.  As I recall spellsinger by Alan Dean Foster has them, along with humans.  I think the wizard in the book was a turtle.  

Be sure to write something that you would like to read yourself.  That is the best way to focus for an audience instead of trying to write for one when writing fiction.

There are mainly two ways to make worlds, though you can use a blending of the two instead of just one.  Bottom up, more like what Tolkien did, you create the world first, the history ect before you write.  The top down where you may do a few basic notes and make the world up as you write.   Remember to take notes regardless of which system you choose.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Just so its known, I did agree to read his story provided its not delivered in huge lump sums at a time.  We all are busy, and Aves knows that so he's agreed to give little chunks at a time for us to analyze.  That should make it much easier on those who agree to assist him.

Right now, I'm in, because I am big into the fantasy and anthro/furry genres.  That is what you need to expect.  If you've liked any Redwall book, that's probably along the lines of fantasy you need to expect to read about and be prepared for.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That,indeed is what I agreed to do.

I'd be posting small segments like I do in RP's... it should be completely readable for anybody who is interested

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Me too, and keep it up! remember that the first thing is that you must be the first to feels confortable with your own creations, then it comes the rest of the world. Don't give up anything and accept the most ideas than you can get, from any source (of course your own ideas are the very very best), but the thing is, it is always fun to walk in the less transited path, we know fantasy is a very explored area of literature, so that can help you with your story too.
 I myself am working in a story like yours, so I know exactly how you feel, so keep it up and the best of lucks!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If the characters come alive enough they may write the story themselves with you being their scribe.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks guys.. those supportive words did make me feel a tad bit more enthused about my masterwork.

The mythologies and what not had been planned for over a period of six to seven years now, so its a very complex and highly detailed history to the world that my story is based upon.

Still, I'll wait just a few more days and see what other responses go through this thread before finally deciding to launch the story on these forums for all to see.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I look forward to your decision, and keep it up! :yes .

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile