The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Has anybody read???

Petrie · 30 · 7050

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Called "Friends in Need"?

I picked it up again when I went to my parents house and it looks really nice.  I almost forgot I had this book.  I'm certain it was released right after the movie's release and the plot is somewhat skewed from what you see in the film--a couple of the pictures are NOT in the film, and some of the text mentions conversations that never took place.

That's likely all we'll ever see in terms of "deleted scenes" considering we've been told before the ones that were cut were no more than pencil sketches. :(

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Hi Arvens!
Yes, I read this book. I have three different issues of it. One softcover- (which seems to be the most –frequent“ edition of this book), a hardcover version (the content is the same), and one Germany translation of the book. There is one especially remarkable thing about the German version (appart from the fact that such booklets are hardly ever translated in the first place). It appears it was translated before the movie was released in Germany, for the book names Littlefoot –Kleinfu?“, which would be a German translation of his name. I’m just glad they stuck to the English name in the movie, for the German translation sounds really stupid.
There are several other books that were released along with –Friends in Need“. –The search for the Great Valley“ is one of these which I have. Sadly it doesn’t contain any deleted scenes, but still it’s beautiful. There were some other books released along with these, but sadly I never came across any of them. I don’t know the titles of all of these other books by heart, but they can be found on the back of “Friends in need”. One of the books was titled “Cera’s Adventure” I think, and another one seemed to be focused on Littlefoot. But unfortunately I never found these books at ebay.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That's where I bought my copy.  At least I'm not the only one who's read it before...those scenes I can figure are deleted scenes. ;)  That's all we'll likely get out of them.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Sounds familiar.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It probably is familiar....brown book, not very thick.  It's a nice addition to the film.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Brown book?  :huh:
Actually it is a relatively thin booklet. There is a widely spread soft- and a less common hardcover version of "Friends in need", but both of them are purple. The front cover shows a picture from the scene when Littlefoot and the others have just arrived in the Great Valley.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My mistake it is purple...I don't know why I thought it was brown. :)  And mine's hardcover, so it really isn't a thin booklet to me. :P

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
^ Maybe you confused it with "The land before time - the illustrated story", a really marvellous book which indeed does have a brown cover.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yep. I've seen that book at the bookstores a while back. I just didn't buy it because I didn't have any money at that moment.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
:blink: It's still available at the bookstores? Wow, I didn't know that it was that durable. I got a used copy through Amazon (I think it was the first thing I ever bought in the USA using the internet). Then again I think they reprinted it several times. Anyway, it is one of the most beautiful LBT books I have.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've never heard of that second book Malte.  :huh:   It sounds like a nice complementary story to the movie though.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's the one in which there is this oasis scene I told about. However, the book is especially interesting because of it's beautiful pictures.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, I flipped through it, the oasis was there, all right.

Go along with Malte on this, those images were great! You should really get when you get the chance and not let it slip by (like me).

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll see if I can find a copy. ;)

Right now I need to buy a new mic...I killed it on the way back to college, so no more talking to people online till I can get a new one. :(

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So I was lucky to hear your voice a few days ago. I hope you weren't too disappointed that I couldn't answer verbaly, as I don't have a computer microphone myself.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Cmputer mics. I'm jealous.  :unsure:

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't think you'll have to wait too long Malte.  Not even ten minutes after I told Brian my mic was dead I went and bought a new one at ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

That looks a lot nicer than what I used to have. :P

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Tell me. I'd like just how conveniant a mic. Are they nice to have, usually?

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess that depends if you actually want to talk to people on IM.  If you don't, then don't buy one.  I like speaking to others in other countries so that's why I have one. :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Cool.  B)