The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mother's Day

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So what are/did you do(ing) for your mom this Mother's Day?

What me and my family does for my mom on Mother's Day is, first we make her breakfast in bed.  The meal consists of pancakes with butter and maple syrup, eggs, bacon and orange juice.  We then give her a few cards.  Of course, my dad's such a suck up to his wife and goes for a sweet tear-jerking love letter from the heart.

After breakfast, we do all the chores involved.  This includes, but is not limited to, cooking, setting the table, clearing the table, doing dishes and cleaning.  Good old mom gets to relax the whole day and watch whatever she wants on the big screen TV.  Which means no playing XBox 360/Wii for us.  Nice! :p

Other than that, there's not much else.  Maybe watch what she wants to watch with her when we finally get the chance.

Oh, and we have to keep our little puppy away too.  Little Zoey always wants to play and is rather attached to her "Mommy".

So, what are you guys doing for your mom on Mother's Day? :)

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I already did (as a metter of fact, we Mexicans celebrate Mother's Day at May 10th). My brother Alan and I gave my mom a bunch of flowers (she loves them!) and big hugs and kisses. ^_^

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Bringing breakfast to the bed seems to be far spread. I did it too along with a bunch of flowers. I also gave mum a long massage. She is currently having a hard time. During a skying accident she broke a chip from her shoulder joint and had to undergo an operation. I'm trying to be her second arm at the moment.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
You guys are getting ready for Mother's Day?! :huh: Mothering Sunday for us is always the 3rd Sunday of March. In fact, that reminds me, Father's Day is next month...gotta plan ahead.  :P: Any known reason as to why Mother's Day is a little later in the calendar for you guys? Maybe us Brits are just weird and have to be extra. I dunno... :lol

Flowers, B in B are all classics. Last mother's day, me and my cousin treated our mums to a lunch at a local restaurant. The only problem is, now I've gotta find something ELSE to do for next year... :slap

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
My mom wasn't even home...she's away at a dance competition with my sister.  And since its a four hour drive when she does come back, I'm sure she'll see the cards, flowers, gift cards, and go to bed.  :P:  I don't know who puts competitions like that on this weekend but I guess some do.  <_<

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I paid for my mom's surgery.  It wasn't cheap either!  Don't want to go into details but what they did certainly wasn't worth no $12,000!  Oh well.  There was nothing I could do about it but pay the exorbrant fee.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow, landbeforetimelover, that's a really nice thing to do for your mom. :)

Anyways, it seems that we changed our normal routine a bit today.  Mainly, we didn't do any B in B because my dad couldn't find the tray we use for it. :P: So we all just had breakfast as a family.  It was just pancakes and eggs with juice.  We did give her some cards, but my dad didn't go with a lovey-dovey one like always.  Rather something funny. :) We still got her a rather nice gift.

Mothering Sunday for us is always the 3rd Sunday of March.

Really, Littlefoot1616? :huh: That's interesting.  I cannot say why the US and other places tend to have it on the 2nd Sunday of May.  Who knows why? ;)

I don't know who puts competitions like that on this weekend but I guess some do.

I was just curious as to what others do for their mom on such a special day.  That's why I put up this topic. :)