The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Remix?

arrogantrex

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I'm just wondering if anyone knows if they have LBT songs remixed anywhere? I mean, this is the internet, and if a song exists it's been remixed somewhere....

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Heh heh, you do have a point. :p

I know of one remix, though it isn't a remix of an LBT song.  It is, instead, a techno track featuring a few lines spoken by a German Ducky here and there.  I'll post it up here.  Malte sent it to me a long time ago:
http://search3.idrive.com/driveway/jsp/dwa...p?id=e9q9o9u1c8
Unfortunately the audio is of low-quality.

As for LBT song remixes, I don't actually know of any aside from a few variations of "If We Hold On Together" sprinkled around the Internet.  Our LBT Karaoke projects here are probably the closest things in existance to LBT remixes.  By the literal definition of "remix" those are remixes because the song has been "mixed again" by a new team of musicians and vocalists.  I have composed a "rearrangement" of If We Hold On Together, which could also be considered  a remix.  If you mean "remix" to be "a song protrayed in a completely different style from the original" then no, I haven't seen anything aside from a hard rock version of If We Hold On Together, which was pretty bad, I must say. :p

If you want to remix LBT songs, go for it. :)  I don't really have the time for stuff like that these days.

arrogantrex

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I'd love to if I had the patience to do it and actually knew my way around a mixing program. hahaha. I'd love to learn though. I like dance mixamajiggers because I'm generic and silly like that. Also, I thought If We Hold On Together would be interesting as a rock ballad...maybe something like a hair-band sound, but that's just me.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'd love to if I had the patience to do it and actually knew my way around a mixing program. hahaha. I'd love to learn though.
I have the software for it.  We'll keep in touch! :)
I'd love to work with you on a project at some point.  I tend to specialize in orchestral music but I'm willing to mess around with whatever. :P:

How much do you know about producing music on a computer, specifically MIDI, since that will be our best friend (I don't mean .mid files but the MIDI technology itself, which can be used to trigger and control audio data)?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I know of one remix, though it isn't a remix of an LBT song. It is, instead, a techno track featuring a few lines spoken by a German Ducky here and there. I'll post it up here. Malte sent it to me a long time ago:
http://search3.idrive.com/driveway/jsp/dwa...p?id=e9q9o9u1c8
Unfortunately the audio is of low-quality.

I've had that one for ages now.  Ja-ja-ja-ja!!!! :p

arrogantrex

• Chomper
    • View Profile
The only thing I really know about is Wavepad, and all I did with that was glue music together for a school slideshow, and even then it wasn't all that great.

Purple Presence

• Chomper
    • View Profile
You are way too modest.  >_>  You chose perfectly which songs to put where.  It was good enough to make the whole school laugh and cry when you wanted them to!  You know a good rhythm when you hear it and what kind of response it will elicit.  :p