The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Asking LBT production crew members for information

Hypno · 358 · 48113

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Let me put it this way: what possible motivation would Universal have to destroy expensive, completed animation?

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
more interesting question: why they still didn't add them to any of LBT1 unique collections for big money? I don't mind they do that only for money. I want them. o-o

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Maybe they got too careless? I don't know.

Also Snik, if you'd like to find out information on the scenes and what may be in them, you should check out the page for the cut scenes on the Lost Media Archive wiki. You can see the article here. I made an edit fixing some stuff and adding the confirmation of the original length of the film (thanks to the response!).
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
of course I did read that article. Each-year tradition of searching for uncut LBT scenes made me read this long time ago. XD

But I would like to hear about this scenes from people who were directly involved.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Quote from: Sovereign,Jun 25 2017 on  12:18 AM
Let me put it this way: what possible motivation would Universal have to destroy expensive, completed animation?
Not everything in life goes as planned. :D

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I edited the wiki article for the original film, and I added additional citations for different claims and such thanks to this reply. I also added when most of the scenes were cut, and more additional confirmation on how many scenes were cut and when, with additional citation from this reply  :)
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Alright, here's my proposition for the second message.

Thank you for the great answer, Mark! It was really nice for you to ask Goldman for details concerning the timeline of the cuts and there was really much new information in the answer that widened our knowledge about the production of the film! Thank you very much for that! But we’d still like to know more about what the scenes actually contained, what happened to them after Spielberg cut them and what you did during the production of the Land Before Time. You were credited as a Character Key Assistant and Additional Character Animator and we’d be interested to hear more about your experiences about making the film and especially concerning the cut 12 minutes. For example, could you tell where you got the storyboards and might you have more of them?

We’ve seen some hints about what the scenes contained in the movie trailers as well as in James Horner’s phenomenal soundtrack for the film but otherwise, their content is a highly puzzling and intriguing thing to us fans. Could you possibly elaborate about the actual content and place (in the film) of the cut scenes and tell if you know anything about what happened to the deleted footage after Spielberg cut it? Fully destroying finished animation seems rather odd so, if you have information about this, is it possible that the scenes survived? Also, any further contact information would be appreciated but once again, thank you for your answer!

Is there something you wish to add or remove and should I put the formal greetings and signature again?  :unsure:

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't see anything wrong with it, I think this second message is even better than the first one! I'm being 100% completely honest.

Also, if you or anyone is interested, here is my analysis of the reply to the first message.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
well

1) Is it OK you call all them by first names, like pals? I don't know, maybe here it's ok, I don't know.

2) I still wonder where did he get that Sharptooth's Attack storyboards, and does he have more is he going to post more n the future.
With no hurry, of course. *rollseye*

also, let's wait for another day before sending it, ok? no hurry :D

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I know. Where did he get them? Was he given them? Did he already have them in his possesion and decided to upload them? Does he have more? So many questions.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I added one sentence to the original message proposition to ask about the storyboards. I don't know about the forename using but he used mine in his answer (I censored that part though  :lol ) so I imagined it would be okay to use his. I can certainly wait for a day but I don't think it would be useful to wait much longer than that.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, you're right. He certainly would like to know that you seen the message and haven't disappeared. What are we going to do after this message if we don't get all our answers yet? Will we keep asking questions until he stops responding (if he does, hopefully he keeps answering)?

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I don't know. It hardly gets any better if we bombard him with the same questions all over again but I wouldn't want to lose contact with one of the best hopes we have for finding out more about the scenes. Let's see what he says in his next answer (if he sends one that is).

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I hope so. I just still really want to know how he got those storyboards. I think that's the first question I want answered next. Maybe he has cels? Like you said, it was his first movie so he's gotta have something valuable. Cut cel, perhaps?

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Looks very good! Just one thing that Snik already mentioned, it is a little strange to refer to Steven Spielberg and Gary Goldman by their first names, as it does imply that you know them personally. It is, however, more acceptable to use Mark's first name because you are speaking directly to him, and because that's the way he signed his first response. Hope that helps :D

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's done. Thank you for your great tips on the formal parts! I'm not very good at them.  :p

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So, you'll be sending it tomorrow? Nice. I don't want to get too excited or get impatient but at the same time we don't want to wait too long. He might not answer back again.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yep, I'll send it tomorrow. Hopefully he'll answer in more detail this time but answering even once is more than he would have had to. We'll see.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
And the message has been sent! Let's hope for a speedy and thorough answer!  :exactly