The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Asking LBT production crew members for information

Hypno · 358 · 53664

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Or we could do that. Rhombus, Nick, where are you? :lol
I guess if Pudleiner happens to respond at a later date we can look at that as we are doing the message for Zondag (full name please, I don't really know who "Zondag" is).
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm talking about Dick Zondag, one of the directing animators of the film.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh, okay. Does he have a blog or anything? Has he discussed LBT in the past?
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I put a link on his website on another thread but here it is again. He mentions Land Before Time in his film list and he is also in the credits of LBT.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh, I see. Okay, I see a contact link. Good. You should start writing the message soon.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Edit: dammit, why I didn't see new posts.

@Hypnobrai: don't give up on Mark. You're impatient.

I'm agree with renaming the same thread.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I doubt Pudleiner would take offense even if he read this topic. It's not like Mark couldn't answer while we wait for an answer from Zondag also.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
No new topic, just change the title, yep, yep, yep  :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Alright, here's my proposition to our message to Zondag.

Greetings, Mr. Zondag! My name is ----- and I’m writing on behalf of several members of the Land Before Time-themed fansite called the Gang of Five. We are very grateful to you for partaking in bringing the film to life as one of its directing animators. The film’s animation is gorgeous throughout and we would be willing to ask about your role in making the movie as well as the actual content of the deleted scenes. As you most likely know, over 10 minutes of finished animation were cut out from the film after its completion and we would be incredibly interested to hear about what they actually contained.

We have some hints about the scenes in James Horner’s phenomenal score and from many additional sources about the lost footage but their content is still mostly a highly intriguing mystery to us. We know about the cut sharptooth scenes, extended Spike’s birth as well as the original ending but nearly nothing else is known about the rest of the lost 12 minutes. Would you be able to tell what the cut scenes contained as you remember them? Is there any chance the footage could have survived the cutting process intact or was it destroyed as Don Bluth has said? We would also be interested to hear about your own work with the film (what scenes or characters you animated, for example). We would be extremely grateful if you were able to answer these questions.

P.S. If you might happen to have any further contact information for the other makers of the film, they would be highly appreciated!

Best regards,

----

Please share your thoughts about this message.  :)

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Looks good, you're getting better with every message :yes
These are good questions and I hope he gives a solid answer, maybe even better than Pudleiner's!

Also, is anyone going to ask one of the forum staff for a name change for the topic?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good one, Sovereign! Well worded  :yes

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you for the kind words, both!  :) I might send this later today if it's okay to you.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Maybe we should send it tomorrow. We can get the Zondag thing to be noticed as well.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if that's really necessary. After all, it's a week since this idea was announced and the questions are pretty much the same.  :unsure:

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
All righty then. I undertsand, you can send it if you want :yes

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Fingers crossed guys! :goodluck

Quick Snik, get the gang! :lol

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Gang is sleeping. At least they told it to me. Maybe they gain secretly went to he night adventure.

So this time me do it. For them.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
:)littlefoot  x(cera  ^^spike  :sducky  :(petrie

Here's the gang for ya  :lol

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Littlefoot and Spike look happy, yet Cera doesn't care, Ducky isn't sure about this (?), and Petrie is dealing with something right now, possibly his uncle being gone so long :p  :lol