The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

RainbowFaceProtege coming in for a landing!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Hello, Gang of Five!!! I come in peace!  :rainbowwave

(Pardon me for a moment while I get super excited over the existence of that Rainbow Face emote: whoever made that, thank you!)

I'm so happy to be here! I've kinda actually known about this site for...heh...years, and I kept meaning to join, but I didn't have much time for social-media-ish stuff at that point in my life. (Plus, weeeelll..I was still kinda nervous about putting my fanart and writing out there. Thankfully I've since gotten past that!) But having watched you guys from afar, I already feel at home now that I'm officially here, haha.

Anyway, the Land Before Time has been with me for so much of my life, where do I even begin?? My favorite childhood toys were a set of plushies of the main characters. The Rainbow Faces (dinosaurs and aliens, my two favorite things combined!) were my idols when I was little. My sewing hobby began when I was a kid because I wanted to create my own LBT plushies. Years later, during the big LBT hiatus, LBT stories became the first fanfics I ever wrote. When Journey of the Brave was finally being released after months of me geeking out in anticipation, I went to Walmart at 1 AM to get my hands on it and watch...

Okay, so I'm a complete diehard fan of everything LBT! Seeing as how a lot of my fanart/fanfiction energy has been focused on this series for ages, I have plenty of material to post, and I can't wait to share my love for this show with you all!

:Mo  Squeeeeee!!!

Ahem...uh, don't worry, I'll mellow down eventually. Maybe. Probably. I'm really a sane person, I swear...  :facepalm

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Flathead made that emote. :rainbowwave

But yeah, hello and welcome to the Gang of Five! Sounds like you've been considering for quite a while, so welcome aboard the dinosaur train! We're glad to have you! :chompysmile
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Welcome RainbowFaceProtege! :rainbowwave

Your devotion to LBT is admirable. I look forward to your fanfics and if you have pics of your sown LBT plushies! I was just talking to @ImpracticalDino  about trying to find a Mo :Mo plushie, do you make any? :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 02:45:35 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
welcome to the forum protege. stick around and post lots!
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hello and thank you @OwlsCantRead !  (We're gonna ride...the Dinosaur Train! Another old favorite of mine, couldn't resist.)   ;)Cera

Thanks @Gentle Sharptooth ! I do indeed have plushie pics, which I plan on showing off in the very near future! I don't have a shop or anything, though--I sew all my stuff by hand, so I'm not confident enough in its durability to be selling it. (Heh heh...Mo was actually the first plushie I ever made...but I was a kid, so let's just say I had a looooong way to go in my sewing abilities.)

Glad to be here @Sneak !

Will do, @Nick22:)littlefoot

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
If you made a Mo plushie I would pau for one. There are none left online.

Dinosaur Train is secret fav of mine too, my nephew got me hooked in his dino phase. I am dino die hard, I love LBT, Disney’s Dinosaur, Jurassic Park/World Franchise, and more. I hope we get LBTXV and that Jurassic World: Dominion does well next year. Dinomania! :p :lol

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum!! Hope you enjoy it here.  :Mo

I really love that rainbow face emote too  :rainbowwave
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@Gentle Sharptooth if I ever open an Etsy, you'll be the first to know!
Gotta love Jurassic Park! For some reason I never really got into Disney's Dinosaur, though (can't put a finger on why).
Ooh--if we get a LBT XV I'm gonna be thrilled!   :^^spike

@jassy Thanks, I have the feeling I will!  :rainbowwave
Edit: Nice signature, it's great to see another Rainbow Face fan!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I better get an Etsy account. :D

What I love about Disney’s Dinosaur is it introduced me to my favorite dinosaur and carnivour, Carnotaurus. 

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Ha-ha-ha! Oooh, a new member? Welcome, fello-o-o-o-w Mud Brother! :Mo :rainbowwave

I’m glad you decided to take the plunge and join our little humble community, because quite frankly I’m very happy that you did. I love your personality!

You, not a sane person? Well, meet the insane person of then forum! Me! :bestsharptooth

You actually bought a Journey of The Brave DVD at Walmart at 1 AM in the morning? I’m not sure if that’s dedication, crazy, or both. :lol

I can’t wait to see your Mo plushies though!

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Mo-Plushies! Mo Plushie! Mo Plushie! Sorry.. I’m just so excited.  :Mo

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hello and welcome to the GoF!  :rainbowwave

Yeah it was me who created the ranbow face emote, though you should also thank Mumbling for animating the hand wave!

It's great to see another potential fanartist join our ranks! If you're interested in joining our fanart prompts, you can check out the current one here (as well as see links to earlier ones if you desire). Everyone is welcome to join in on the fun!  :chompysmile

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Greet job on the RainbowFace emote @Flathead770 !

Never apologize for passion @RainbowFaceProtege. We need more zeal than ever as we wait for LBTXV. :)

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I better get an Etsy account. :D

What I love about Disney’s Dinosaur is it introduced me to my favorite dinosaur and carnivour, Carnotaurus.
Heh, might be jumping the gun a bit there...with the coronavirus wreaking havoc, I don't know when the next time I'll even be brave enough to make a run to the fabric store is!  :sducky
Ooh, Carnotaurus is an awesome dino, I'll agree with you there. I love the carnivores that didn't look like T rex or raptor wannabes.  :lol

I’m glad you decided to take the plunge and join our little humble community, because quite frankly I’m very happy that you did. I love your personality!

Aw, that's sure kind of you!!  :)petrie
Yeah, the DVD...call it crazy dedication?  :PAli

@ImpracticalDino and @Gentle Sharptooth  you guys are gonna be disappointed when you actually see this Mo...as my first sewing attempt, it looks like I just cut up some Mo-colored felt and stuffed it in a blender.  :olittlefoot  I'm showing my much more recent projects first!
@Flathead770 Great to meet you! Many thanks to you and @Mumbling for my new favorite emote!  :rainbowwave
And I'm definitely planning on participating in the prompts! (That sure was alliterative.)

Never apologize for passion @RainbowFaceProtege. We need more zeal than ever as we wait for LBTXV. :)
:chompysmile Aww, you can count on it! Though I must say I'm starting to lose faith in XV happening, but regardless of whether or not it does, fandom never dies!!  :)littlefoot

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Yeah CV-19 has put a damper on businesses. I pray and hope a cure is soon developed.

Carnotaurs are coolest. Our kind finallly appeared in a Jurassic movie, Jurassic Word: Fallen Kingdom. Even though we were in The Lost World Jurassic Park Novel by Crichton. We even had cloaking abilities. :D

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege: Do you ever plan on redoing your first ever Plushie you made as a kid? I would like to see a version of Mo that isn’t "stuffed in a blender" as you describe it. :lol

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege: Do you ever plan on redoing your first ever Plushie you made as a kid? I would like to see a version of Mo that isn’t "stuffed in a blender" as you describe it. :lol

Poor Mo:

:sducky

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum, RainbowFaceProtege!  :rainbowwave I too waited quite awhile as a lurker before I finally joined the forum years ago. Let me assure you that we don't bite here  :bestsharptooth, so please feel welcome to participate in any topics or projects that strike your interest.  Furthermore, we have several prompt challenges available if you wish to participate in those.  Finally, if you have any questions or run into any issues on the forum then please don't hesitate to let me or one of the other admins know.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Hello and welcome to our Great Valley, RainbowFaceProtege. We're always happy to welcome new members to the valley. The fanfic and fanart circles are in particular are rather small, so we'll take as much new blood as we can get.
:)littlefoot

Plus, weeeelll..I was still kinda nervous about putting my fanart and writing out there.
I hear ya. I too get squeamish sometimes when it comes to sharing my work, even to this day.

:chompysmile Aww, you can count on it! Though I must say I'm starting to lose faith in XV happening, but regardless of whether or not it does, fandom never dies!!  :)littlefoot

I will admit that I too am beginning to lose faith in seeing an LBT 15. Here's hoping something comes eventually. Regardless, yes, we do still have a fandom to keep things alive.