The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New Surroundings

Kit12 · 709 · 30960

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Frank slammed on the brakes stopping just in front of the raptor pen. "Dennis you and the scientists get in the tower muldoon and I will handle this,' frank said taking out two tranquilizer guns out of the trunk. "You ready,' frank asked. "Yep,' muldoon replied as they both entered the pen.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Pete couldn't help the small smile at the praise his idea got from Hammond. "Uh, that'd be great sir, thanks" he said before turning his attention back to the monitor, "Ok, so how do we shock him right at the right moment?" he asked, looking at the switches and wondering if they could control them from here.

~~~~

"O-one of us who can fly..." Petrie frowned nervously. Kit nodded though, "Y-yeah, that does sound like a good plan, and fast biters can't fly, so it's not more dangerous" she said. She took to the sky to see she could see anything just as a hiss and growl was heard and three snouts did peek out of the bushes.

One female, the leader of the fast biters apparently, was up front and her hissing breath continued as she sized up what was before them. She smiled, hatchlings and a weak enough looking adult guardian...

Then she spotted the little biter, Chomper, and frowned. "Step aside kid, we wouldn't want to anger your parents while we grab a snack" she said in sharptooth.

~~~~

"F-fine by me" Dennis said, "come on" he lead the scientist away, trying to avoid the huge Rex still ramming about the wall trying to determine where his meal and previous ankle bitting killers had gone and why he couldn't get to them.

From the sounds of it, it sounded like a group of Fast biters were trying to beat him to the punch and that just raised his anger enough to make him roar loudly, he rammed his head towards the top of the wall once more.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Frank saw the raptor and used hand signals to tell muldoon. Frank lined the raptor up in his sights and fired the gun hitting the raptor in the leg with the dart.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
With a screech and jerk, the head raptor stepped back after being hit. The other two lunged Frank and Muldoon, forgetting the kids for the moment.

The leader continued to hobble about before slowly slumping to the ground and falling over, tranquilized.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Muldoon fired taking the second one down but frank was unable to reload before the third jumped on top of him.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Muldoon re-loaded and fired hitting the raptor in the side.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
With wide eyes, Cory backed up closer to the group as he watched these two new, odd two leggers take on and actually take down the fast biters it seemed.

The third and last fast biter to be hit stumbled back and hobbled around, yet as she began to go down, she shook her head and reached down to where she'd felt the stab, there was a small tooth of some sort it seemed, imbedded in her skin.

She grabbed and plucked this out, next, raising her head that she had to keep shaking to try and clear her vision to face the odd two leggers once more. She gave a roar and charged yet the low dose from the pulled dart still did it's job and after stumbling to the ground, she also succumb to the tranquilization.

"Come on!" Cory said, "we're getting out of here before those things go after us!" he began to turn towards the hole they'd come through.

"But the sharptooth is still out there, he is!" Ducky said.

Meanwhile, outside, Sharptooth continued to ram about the gate and fence.

~~~~

Inside the Incubator room, Peter scanned along on a computer the at least visual lay-out of where the fences were controlled.

"Ok, I found the Raptor pen" he said, "I don't know if I can do anything to it from here". Over his shoulder, Henry looked, "If we over-ride we can...", he got on the radio again, "Dennis, you got one of these with you".

"Huh? Yeah" Dennis answered from the tower where he was watching to see if he was gonna lose any of the specimens for transfer later.

"What's the code to override the computer from here?" Henry asked. Dennis figured there was no harm so he gave it and Henry dictated it to Peter who put it in.

"Ok...now wait for it..." Henry said. Peter kept his eyes on the screen and when the Rex went to ram again he activated that pen with a surge of electricity.

~~~~

With a roar, Sharptooth reeled back, unable to even comprehend that shock that had gone through him.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim looked at the others, "Yes, this is a good time to leave immediatly.  Any idea which direction is best for us to go in?  Best to not just rush off in any direction without information if we can get any." Mim said.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Uh...I was just gonna dart of in any direction the huge sharptooth wasn't" Cory answered honestly once they were out of the Raptor pen atleast.

"But Mim is right, we should know where we are going, we should" Ducky added as they edged their way to avoid Sharptooth until he recovered.

"Well we might be able to hide around the other side at least" Littlefoot said, leading at least the kids of the group once more as he rushed along the wall towards the corner to then dart around and maybe get past before Sharptooth knew exactly where they'd gone.

"Um, where would you suggest we go?" he asked, turning to Mim even as they made their way.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail began to sniff the air, and he blinked as he said, "I-I smell..someone...s-someone..I recognize. And I t-think I can stand...up again!" However as he did, his head hit the wall as Littlefoot ran under it, and flipped the flyer off Littlefoot's back and onto the floor.

~~~~~

Hammond had seen what Peter and Henry had done while cooperating with Dennis and he smiled faintly as he saw the wires come online and shock the giant carnivore. "Good shot boys!" He then got on the radio.
"Frank are the baby dinos clear of the Rex, and the Raptor pen? If they are, see if you can round them up, safely of course."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Maybe back the way we came, with flyers or Chomper here to guide us or both." Mim suggested.  

"I have a good sniffer.  I can sniff out some dangers I bet." Chomper said willing and eager to help.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Oh yes, Chomper's sniffer is very good, it is" Ducky said. Petrie meanwhile noticed something, "Hey, Littlefoot, you loose passenger?" he asked as he at first just noticed they seemed to be short one before who quickly hit his mind.

"Longtail!" Kit was the one to cry this though. She darted quickly back over to the hole in the pen and tugged on Longtail who was still on the ground, "Come on, we gotta get out..." she said, "He's not gonna stay shocked for long".

Sharptooth shook his head once more, the effects of the shock beginning to wear off and his vision coming back.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Frank and muldoon ran to the enterance. "When are we gonna find these kids,' muldoon asked. 'I don't know,' frank said before saying on his raido to hammond "I don't know I think they're still in the raptor pen'.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim put Chomper down next to Littlefoot while she put Diver on Littlefoot's back and hurried over to where Longtail was.  "I can carry him, but we must leave quickly." She said.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail's eyes shot open and he suddenly remembered the danger they were in.
"No...I can fly again...let's go!" He then proceeded to flap his wings and lifted himself into the air and over the fence to the raptor pen.

~~~~~

Hammond frowned as he watched the screen, then he saw just what he needed to! The camera footage showed the hatchling dinos running through a gap and out of the Raptor pen and right past the T-rex.
"Okay Frank, they are clear, go round them up!" he said calmly but with potential excitement.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Kit smiled as Longtail flew off on his own and followed suit. "Yeah, this is easier than flying through the hole" she said.

"Come on guys, this way" Littlefoot called once they reached him and careful to keep Diver stead where she was, rushed off.

~~~~

From where he watched, and with the Rex still making an exit impossible, Dennis nonetheless kept the hatchlings in his sights and Muldoon and Frank's progress on grabbing them, he would need to know where they were kept in order to ship them off to...

then why was he waiting here.

"I'll help guys" he began to climb down. "Are you insane?!" the scientist with him asked, "I've got a gun" Dennis replied, "and those hatchlings are very important".

"Well yeah I know their origin's a bit unknown given we don't know where they came from, but...". The scientist was hardly heard by Dennis as he continued to climb down.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Let's go." Mim said, making sure the others went first before she did.  

Chomper ran off with Liittlefoot while Diver hung onto Littlefoot.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Negeative you're staying here dennis,' frank said.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"but, I was just gonna..." Dennis sighed, relenting for now so it wouldn't seem suspicious. He could always just keep track of where the hatchlings ended up to later snag them up.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim looked at the others, "Is everyone ok, anyone need any help?" She asked, making sure everyone is ok as they quickly leave the area to some place safer, she looked up briefly at any flyer nearby, "Do you see the safest direction to go once we're out of here?" She asked.