The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

FBS's Holiday Pics

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
I wasn't sure whether to put this category in the LBT Fanart section, since most of the pics will involve my LBT Dinosona, or here. *shrug* Anywho, I love celebrating the holidays, especially with stories and/or drawings. And it's the latter that I will post here as they're extra special!! Squeeeeee!!!

Anywho, I drew my Halloween pic today at work. Since I know I'll be busy on the actual holiday (or will probably forget :oops ), I decided to post it early! Why not, they're selling Halloween decorations now! :lol

Bear with me, it isn't good and I see a TON of mistakes. The drawing itself only took me 5-10 minutes to finish, minus the time for ink outlining and coloring. But I'm happy with it, nonetheless!!

Who didn't see this connection? In almost every Therizinosaurus pic I see on DA, there's at least one comment comparing it with the infamous Freddy Krueger. Doesn't help that I looooooove Freddy Krueger and plan to dress up as said Dream Demon this Halloween (who cares if I'm a girl? :DD )!! And no worries, that's fake blood on my claws  :D !!

Drawn without reference, of course! And yes, my name be Sparky for those who didn't already know! :) Hope you guys like this!!

Now, according to my poor memory, I believe Thanksgiving is the next Holiday. Till then......

HAPPY (EARLY) HALLOWEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

EDIT: I'm not sure if the pic is showing up. My laptop's being difficult....

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
it's showing up, and it looks great :)
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Bear with me, it isn't good and I see a TON of mistakes. The drawing itself only took me 5-10 minutes to finish, minus the time for ink outlining and coloring. But I'm happy with it, nonetheless!!
Five to ten minutes?! :blink: By my standards, that’s incredible! I don’t see too much wrong with it, either. I suppose the lower jaw is a little too narrow below the smile, and the topmost stripe of the sweater is thinner on one side than the other (I’m also guessing that the stripes at the tops of the sleeves should have matched the colors of the adjoining stripes of the main sweater), but other than that it looks terrific! The feet are excellent (I especially like the one we see from the front), and the shape of the hands and arms is very well done. So is the drippy stuff on the claws. :p And even if the hat isn’t perfect, the pose and expression your character is trying to emulate is easily recognizable. (This from someone who has never seen a Freddy Krueger movie!)

Who didn't see this connection? In almost every Therizinosaurus pic I see on DA, there's at least one comment comparing it with the infamous Freddy Krueger.
I read a magazine article on dinosaurs years ago that described Therizinosaurus as having "Freddy Kreuger" hands, too. :p And considering that character's presence on the list of favorite villains you shared with me a while back, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that you made this picture. :lol

Quote from: FlipperBoidSkua,Sep 26 2011 on  08:05 PM
Doesn't help that I looooooove Freddy Krueger and plan to dress up as said Dream Demon this Halloween (who cares if I'm a girl? :DD )!!
Incidentally, I dressed up as a therizinosaur for Halloween one year. :lol (I wouldn't have won any costume contests, but how many other people can claim that? :p)

And no worries, that's fake blood on my claws :D !!
Could be tree sweet juice. Or tree sap. (Some trees do have reddish sap.) That reminds me; I remember hearing somewhere that one possible use Therizinosaurus might have had for its claws (although I may be getting it confused with an explanation of a different prehistoric creature with a bizarre body part :unsure:) was to strip the bark off of trees (presumably to get at insects or a nutrient-rich part of the tree), and that in turn made me wonder whether Therizinosaurus had a taste for tree sap. :idea What was that syrup you said you really liked? *Checks FBS's question thread* Ah, lychee syrup… *Looks it up on Wikipedia* Oh, it comes from a fruit, not sap. Oh well. At any rate, I thought I’d point out that your dinosona has an extra option for satisfying her sweet tooth.

P.S. Happy 21st birthday! :birthday :DD

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.