The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask me anything

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Adding on to Pangaea's question....do you enjoy reading?  If so, what book genres do you enjoy reading?  Any particular books that in your opinion are outstanding novels?  Would you recommend any of them?

Do you do sports?  If so, have you ever taken part in tournaments/competitions?  

Out of the Lion King songs, which one do you like to listen to more and why?  (Including the LK2 and LK1.5)

How are things going? How are your cats?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
@Pangaea: I definitely had that on my list of books I want to read but I just focused on other things and put that down for a bit. Now that you bring it up, maybe I'll check it out.

@Saft: Yeah definitely. Although I went through a period where I didn't read books, but I'm going back to it. :)

-I do like them, but right now I'm doing some marital arts and some dancing. I would like to get back to swimming too. :) I also had some horse back riding lessons a few years ago.

-Lion King (The Original Soundtrack): "To Die For..."- I love this score piece. It's so beautiful, intense, and I sometimes have this song on when I am cooking up ideas for my stories and what not. I have a thing for dramatic chase scenes like this, so this is really my fave out of this soundtrack.

Lion King II- One of Us-I really like "Love Will Find a Way", "We are One", and "My Lullaby", but One of Us I think would be my fave due to the tensity of the hatred of the Pridelands for Kovu for "betraying" them.

Lion King Broadway Musical- There were a lot of good songs in this one, but I think my fave would be between "Shadowland" and "Lioness Hunt". Shadowland has such a great lead singer. Her voice is awesome! And I like getting a bit more of Nala's story of why she ran off to find help.

"Lioness Hunt" because the sound is so authentic to tribal, African music. I love a lot of that type of music and I could imagine lionesses hunting for their meal. :3

-I were to be honest, it's been a bit rough but also inspiring. Heh, I have time for writing at least! ^^ My kitties are good too. I think my little guy though is extremely bored.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Do you like lolcats? That is, do you look at them a lot? And are there any specific ones that you particularly like?

(Sorry, this probably crosses over into “REALLY stupid question” territory. :p)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Naw, it's not stupid.

I like them, sometimes I even talk like them if I am in a random mood like:

"I HAZ INTERENETS". :p Or something like that.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I thought it might be a stupid question because of how cat-obsessed you are. It's almost like asking Cancerian Tiger if she likes Triceratops. :p

While we're on the subject of cats, are there any wild species that you are particularly fond of or interested in? (That is, tigers, lynx, cougars, cheetahs, ocelots, etc.) :)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I LUVE lions. But lynxes and snow leopards fasinate me.

I like all cats, but if I had pick a wild breed, it would be those three. :)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^ Heh, you should come up to visit me sometime. The zoo near where I live has all three of those cats. :lol

I forget whether this has been asked already, but besides cats, rats, and pterosaurs, what other animals do you especially like? :)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I love all animals. Even those a lot of people fear. Some animals I probably would not go near like ticks, but these guys just kept popping up in my dreams, on tv and in life. I just respect them for who they are, even though I personally think they are pretty gross.

However these are what seem to have greater attachments to when it comes to other animals:

Horses
Bats
Axolotols
Snakes
Spiders
Turtles
Elephants
Chinchillas
Crows
Iguanas
Falcons
Hawks
Koalas
Lemurs
Gorillas
Whales

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's been a surprisingly long while since you were last asked a question in this thread, :blink: so I thought I'd bump it. (Sorry that the only question I could come up with at the moment follows the same pattern as my last few. :oops)

Besides Pteranodon, what prehistoric creatures interest you the most? (I forget whether I've asked this before.)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Really any of the flying prehistoric animals, the very small ancestor of the cats and other mammals of today, mammoths, the ancestors of sharks and coachroches. Oh and that creature with that swirly shell thing that is usually shown in documentaries or books about prehistoric life.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The swirly-shelled creature you’re thinking of is probably the ammonite. ;)

Prehistoric cockroaches, really? :! I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who’s expressed an interest in them :lol

Prehistoric sharks are incredible. :wow If you like them, you should see Ray Troll’s
Ray Troll’s artwork (though note that the two galleries I’ve linked to include pictures of modern sharks as well).

By the way, what about dinosaurs? Are there any of them that would be on your list? :)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Meh, I like all dinosaurs. Mostly the predators, whether flying, swimming, or running. :)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Similar question I was asked.

What are your spending habits like?  Saver, big spender, or somewhere in between :p?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I save A LOT. Though when I REALLY want to spend on something for me or someone else, I'll do what I can to get that gift. ^^

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's the first anniversary of the “Ask Me” thread today! :birthday :wow Congratulations, Amy, for starting a phenomenon! :celebrate

Do you remember what inspired you to start this thread in the first place? Was it your own idea, or had you seen someone else do it on another forum? (Garrr…I wish I had a better question! :bang)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow really? :o :blink:

It was from another forum I go on. We have these sections on the forum called "member caves" where it is completely dedicated to the more active members on the forum, a rite of becoming a full time member if you will.

So sometimes the said members have the "ask me" topics so others can know more about them. I liked the idea, but I didn't know if we would want to have member dens in our forum, so I just made this topic and what do you know? We have a section dedicated to it. What was funny was that I didn't know this was going on in the rock circle, so I didn't have to advocate for this section, others did it for me. xD

I guess everyone likes to talk about themselves every now and then. :yes

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
What are your favorite outdoor activities :)?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm unfortunately not a very outdoorsy person. :oops I mean, I like the out doors, but I don't really do anything with it other then hiking, but even that I don't do very often.

I'm just content with long walks and maybe even camping out...but white water rafting...that's not really my idea of fun. :confused :bolt

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Uhm, I hope I didn't come across as offensive in our chat about the Civil Rights movement? :unsure:
I didn't mean to be in case I was.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Seriously, don't worry about it. I'm just doing too many things at once. :p :lol: