The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask me anything

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Have you tried entering your Dragon Cave eggs and hatchlings on any of those sites that are designed to provide views for them? That's what I do, and let me tell you, it really helps. Post an egg on two or three of these sites and it's virtually guaranteed to hatch. These are the ones I mainly use:

Eggs Around the World

Daily Dragon Fix (There's a catch with this one, in that you need to click on at least 20 dragons a day, or your own eggs and hatchlings get taken down.)

Dragonnery

Silvi's Lair
Silvi's Lair (This site seems to be less active than the others, as far as the number of people visiting it to click on dragons, so I don't use it as much as the others.)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
No I never tried those sites and to be honest, my dragon eggs actually have hatched before just on here with no problem. What happened was I used one of my Earthquake dragons to see if it would hatch them a bit faster, which resulted in three eggs dying. :(

Thank you for the links though. :)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, how was your starday :)?

Turning the big 1-8 seemed a bit nervewrecking to ya?  I can understand, becoming a grownup can be somewhat frightening.  However, once you've adjusted to it, being a grownup is really not all that bad, and your interests and beliefs won't change just 'cuz you're chronologically older.  Nobody should let age change their likes and interests, just so ya know ;).

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My starday didn't start! Not here anyway. :DD

Still 17 over here...lol

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^ Curse these time zones and me not getting enough sleep :bang :rolleyes!

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^Meh, it's okay, wouldn't it be nice if all our time was all the same? Hehe

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
When we gave our cat, Boots her food and left, she would only eat a very small portion of it, but we realized she would eat it if we watched and petted her. Would you have any idea why she will only eat her all her food if we do that?

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ptyra,Aug 14 2010 on  07:24 AM
When we gave our cat, Boots her food and left, she would only eat a very small portion of it, but we realized she would eat it if we watched and petted her. Would you have any idea why she will only eat her all her food if we do that?
Did you have her as a kitten? Or if not, maybe whoever raised her encouraged her to eat by petting her, since sometimes that's what people need to do when the have kittens with them. She would be known as an affectionate eater, relates food with human companionship.

Did you have a good birthday Amy?

It was wonderful! Thank you for asking. :)

I was really a tourist for the whole day at SF city and went to Alcatraz. My gosh that place really got me hard. Especially the section where all the troublemaking prisoners would go.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I really would like to see Alcatraz someday.  So, what's it like :)?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It was a very intense experience, for me. As I just simply set foot on there, I felt some tingling sensation on the ground, like it was all still too alive even though the prisoners were no longer there.

We went into the cell house and we had a guided audio tour where they showed different parts of the island. It was VERY cold though, so when you go, especially during the summer, BRING COATS and possibly gloves and scarf.

You see in all the cells how the prisoners lived and they explain everything that took place there, the attempted escapes, the shootings, everything.

And of course, there was the room for all the misbehaving prisoners, they would put them in these dark silent cells and keep them in there for months...possibly years.

You could go inside many of the cells as well.

I personally felt so much energy there, not just because of the people alive, but the place just by itself, it felt so alive...

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Some may think it's all hocus pocus, but there is a theory about how folks on the spectrum tend to be way more sensitive to paranormal presences and the spiritual realm than their NT counterparts.  This is even used to explain why those on the spectrum seem to have very strong connections with animals.

I remember feeling a very similar experience when I visited the Anne Frank house in Amsterdam.  When we went through the secret annex and up to the attic Anne and the others had lived in for two years, I really felt as if there was a presence, and I am positive it was not my imagination :!.

Now a question: Is your major still going to be in Theology, or has that changed (don't worry, many college students change majors repeatedly so it's quite normal)?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well it is going to be something about Religion, I don't know about Theology, because from what I understand, Theology is more a Christian look at religion and I just want to moderate, secular view on religion when I am studying it. That's just me though.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What were the details I got wrong on the picture of your dinosona that I drew? (This includes color.) :)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nothing really TOO big you didn't put in, but just a few things:

Neck: I would have made her color the same color as the rest of her main body, cream.

Eyes: My eyes are narrower then what was drawn. They are almond shaped, but more on it's side rather then drawn upward. Also, I usually drawn my OC women characters with the eyelashes more at the end of their eyes.

Beak: I would make it smoother then crooked to make it a bit more elegant.

Claws: I would make them definitely much longer then what was drawn.

But other then that, I loved it. ^^

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Random question (and meant to be just for fun): Do Swedish Fish come from Sweden :lol  :p?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
No. :P: But they do come from a company that was originally Finnish, so MAYBE in a way they DID come from sweden, but maybe the put "Swedish" in the name because they inspired them in that way. :p

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
First of all, I'd like to say again that you have my deepest sympathy for your recent loss. :( Clearly you were very close to Funcat, and I imagine this is a difficult time for you. You know you can talk with me any time you like.

You described Funcat as being very shy. Was he the kind of cat who would always run and hide whenever he saw a stranger?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, he would usually run and hide with strangers around.

And thank you. *hugs*