The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Is Littlefoot Ungrateful?

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
Well, not in movie one, but in anything else after it?

I just bring this up because yesterday I was watching Journey to Big Water, and I heard this one remark from Littlefoot that REALLY caught my attention;

Littlefoot: I wish my mom had given me a brother, then I'd always have someone to have fun with.

I give them props for at least referencing Littlefoot's deceased mother, but the way he just said that sounded very, very rude to me. Was I the only one to catch this?

I'm not trying to bash Littlefoot's character, or anything. It's just that this one line really got on my nerves...

Has he ever acted this way in any of the other sequels, or even from any of the episodes in the T.V. series? I'm curious to know! :DD

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I don't see that line as rude at all. Remember, during this time, if memory serves me right, Littlefoot was lonely. I always thought it was normal for some only-childs to wish they had a sibling to keep them company, or to encourage them, or whatever. I don't see this as a sign of rudeness or ungratefulness. I think Littlefoot had every right to say that line because, as noted, he was just lonely. He does not appreciate what his mom did any less, and he wasn't being rude.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Aug 14 2012 on  02:43 PM
I don't see that line as rude at all. Remember, during this time, if memory serves me right, Littlefoot was lonely. I always thought it was normal for some only-childs to wish they had a sibling to keep them company, or to encourage them, or whatever. I don't see this as a sign of rudeness or ungratefulness. I think Littlefoot had every right to say that line because, as noted, he was just lonely. He does not appreciate what his mom did any less, and he wasn't being rude.
I agree with Darkhououmon, he was lonely, none of his friends could play with him, and he just sounded unhappy that he didn't get a brother, not disrespectful. Its normal for kids to do that sometimes.

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
Yeah, I think it was just his tone of voice that really threw me off! :blink:

But, in what you guys have said, it kind of makes some sense as to why he'd say something like that.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Most only children wish for a sibling at that young age from what I've observed from friends of mine who don't have any.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
This is Littlefoot in Flathead mode. His reason adrift, and his mania in full swing.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith