The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What screw ups

Teresa · 146 · 24745

AnimeLover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
There Isn't Any Screw Ups In All Of The Land Before Time Movies.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
So many Screw ups I can't stop Laughing!  :lol  :lol

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I’ve got one:

It’s a screenshot from the end of LBT XI, where the Great Valley inhabitants are assembled for Nibbling Day:

Note the two green dinosaurs in the lower right-hand corner and upper left center of the image. Their coloration suggests that the filmmakers intended them to be rainbow faces, but their physical appearance is that of the last kind of dinosaur you would expect to attend an event commemorated by the consumption of tree blossoms.

It would appear that either the rainbow faces were unavailable for shooting that day, forcing the producers to get creative with some green and blue makeup and a couple of guest stars who had conveniently stuck around after filming an earlier scene, :p or the Great Valley residents have become much more lenient about the kinds of dinosaurs they allow into the Valley since the incident with the tinysauruses.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My point exactly. :smile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could be an animation mistake, or maybe some fast biters want to try green food for a change.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
My goodness, I never noticed (watched LBT XI only two times though I think) :lol
Indeed they seem to have become rather lenient about meateating dinosaurs in the Great Valley. Don't these two even look like the very sharpteeth that attacked the Great Valley in the respective sequel?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe they decided to do like the saying goes, if you can't beatem joinem.  Maybe since they lost the fight against the Great Valley leaf eaters they decided to become leaf eaters too.     :p

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
And maybe (as the title of this thread suggests some of the makers of LBT XI just screwed up ;)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is more likely the case.  They've done it before so no surprise.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I guess that even sharpteeth have a sweet tooth :lol.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, Ichy had stated his sweet tooth was calling, so who knows :lol?

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My guess is that the rainbow faces who were supposed to be in that scene had taken the day off (taking a joyride on Halley's Comet, I suppose :p). They hadn't bothered to inform the cast and crew (that would be telling, wouldn't it? :p), and with the entire populace of the Great Valley assembled for shooting, the filmmakers had to find replacements on short notice. It just so happened, though, that the two fast biters from the previous day's shooting were still hanging around, and in their infinite wisdom, the producers figured, "Oh, they're both medium-sized two-footed dinosaurs; we'll just have the folks in make-up give 'em a quick touch-up and nobody'll notice." :slap Unfortunately, after shooting that scene, most of the dinosaurs, tired of waiting, just ate their tree sweets and left, forcing them to use those atrocious CGI stand-ins we see in the next scene of the finished film.
:lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol
I really need to get out more...

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
I noticed in the LBT 4 when Ducky was about to get eaten by Dil and when Spike said Ducky, Spike didnt have the Night Flowers on his back.  :rolleyes:

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This one’s not nearly as bad (well...probably nowhere near as bad, actually :p) as the scene with the fast biters attending the Nibbling Day celebration, but it’s a blunder nonetheless:

This is a screenshot taken from the end of LBT X. If you recall, the film’s subtitle is “The Great Longneck Migration”. So what’s an Iguanodon doing there? :lol

(For those of you not in the know, Iguanodon was an ornithopod, more closely related to Duckyóor even Spike and Ceraóthan Littlefoot. In other words, it was NOT a longneck.)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe it was following a longneck friend or friends it has, like Cera and the other gof do in that movie.  That is one possibility.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
At least Bron doesn't come across as someone who would tell anyone who wishes to accompany his herd: "Not a longneck? Then get the !ß$%& out of here!"
Then again... we only see longnecks in his herd in LBT 10 (unlike in case of the farwalkers in LBT 7). Would Bron stick to the traditions which Littlefoot's mother too had accepted and which are also represented by the Old One in LBT 4?

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
well it makes more sense then putting a freaking T Rex there I suppose.