The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Where do I get fanfic reviewers?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, I got done with my LBT XV fanfic and am excited to finally get commentary on it.  I did already some on fanfic.net, though on my second half, a lot of which I uploaded last night and today, still no comments yet.  

Somebody liked a part I had where a newcomer asked if there were any Tree Stars in the Great Valley and said Cera said that there were but that he shouldn't eat too many or else there wouldn't be enough for her was pure Cera.

Also, they loved my take on Ducky's aunt (though i heard she was in a LBT comic called 3D Adventure and so this might not be the cannon her.  She is the one that sleep swims.  And she gives a whole new meaning to the term "Bigmouth".   :lol  )

My problems I can see with it is that my guest character Ptero seems to be pretty much the main character, so Universal wouldn't likely like this as is.  

I'm going to work on XVI: The Lonely Longneck and XVII: The Threehorn Gathering.  

XVI is going to have a Longneck OC and also delve into Shorty's past.   XVII will go into Topps's past and show how he met Tria, about his father, and have Cera get a boyfriend, as well as explain what happened to Cera's mom and most of her siblings and why Dana and Dinah don't live in the Great Valley.  

Also, we find somebody that Topps is afraid of: his own dad, among some others.  

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
You can't simply "get fanfic reviewers". If people don't feel like leaving a review, then they won't. The only thing you can do is just leave your story posted up, upload to whatever sites you to go to, and see if anyone will review it. If not, there isn't much you can do about that.

Your only other option is to ask someone if they could review it, but be careful with this. Don't beg or plead for a review. That will only annoy people and make them less likely to do it. You can ask a person to please review it, but understand if they decide not to do it. Also understand that not all reviews are going to be favorable, so don't be surprised if you end up with negative feedback.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I started trying to find Beta Readers on fanfic.net.  

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: LittlefootAndAliTogether,Mar 26 2015 on  03:33 PM
I started trying to find Beta Readers on fanfic.net.
This is the definition of a beta reader on FF.Net:

"A beta reader (or betareader, or beta) is a person who reads a work of fiction with a critical eye, with the aim of improving grammar, spelling, characterization, and general style of a story prior to its release to the general public."

In other words, the purpose of going to a beta reader is to have it checked out (and to fix errors, change things, etc) before it is uploaded. I'm not sure if you would be able to get a beta reader, since you uploaded all your stories (unless I'm mistaken) already.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oops, didn't know that.  Well, I do have one of them not uploaded yet and some that are only partially uploaded.  

Still, I can try it, can't I?