The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Cellphones and traffic

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Part of why I think cellphones should not be allowed while driving, but even if it were a law most would ignore it anyway.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^If they do make it a law, the punishment would have to be quite severe.  Like maybe take your cellphone away and make you unable to buy one again. :P:

Still, people need to pay attention out there.  Too many accidents have happened just because of such a simple thing. :(

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I hate it when people talk on the phone while they are driving.  I'm always getting stuck behind some idiot who is so busy jabbering on the phone that they don't realize that the light has turned green (or red).  Then they creep along at half the speed limit and weave all over the road.  It should be against the law to talk on the cell phone while you're driving.  If you need to call somebody, pull over somewhere and do it.   People need to focus on the road because there are morons who run red lights and change lanes without signaling or without even looking to see if it is clear.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
It is a law in many places.  Talking on a cellphone while driving has been illegal for a few years now here in New York, and a law against texting and driving was passed int he state legislator just this past summer.  I don't know if governor Paterson has signed it or not yet.  I'm not exactly sure for of the punishment, but I think its only a ticket, kind of like not wearing your seatbelt (of course thats only when you get pulled over for it, you get into an accident because of it then I'm not sure what happens, if you even live).

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
Last time I heard texting on the news( hence CNN and Fox News) This right here happened.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWtPQtT1s1k

I refrain myself and my dad from using a cellphone of texting while driving unless it's an emergency.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: F-14 Ace,Sep 7 2009 on  01:55 PM
I hate it when people talk on the phone while they are driving.  I'm always getting stuck behind some idiot who is so busy jabbering on the phone that they don't realize that the light has turned green (or red).  Then they creep along at half the speed limit and weave all over the road.  It should be against the law to talk on the cell phone while you're driving.  If you need to call somebody, pull over somewhere and do it.   People need to focus on the road because there are morons who run red lights and change lanes without signaling or without even looking to see if it is clear.
 :exactly

Texting while driving is now illegal here in Virginia, but talking on a cell phone while driving is not.  I don't talk on the phone while I drive.  I have found that, most times, a driver acting stupid on the road is on a cell phone <_<.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I can talk and drive at the same time without being too bad like most other drivers I see but I still don't because it's dangerous.  Even professional drivers have a 3.29 second delayed response time while talking on the cell phone.  3.29 seconds doesn't seem like much but if you're going 60mph you can go a full 9 feet in that time.  If you have to stop really fast you have 9 feet less to do it.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Cellphone cannot be used while driving in New York state, where I live. It is illegal to do that here. I can see why; it is dangerous... one should pay attention while driving...