The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Most powerful large dinosaur carnivore

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
What in your opinion was the most powerful of these alpha predators?

I believe it was T-rex, not by size, but by its strength and weaknesses. Tyrannosaurus had superb senses, meaning if it was blind it could still smell out prey, it had the most powerful bite force of any known land animal, it could crush bone, it was reasonably fast, 15-25 miles per hour, and was tough enough to battle most herbivores of its time.

These are my reasons, what are yours?

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Phantom,Jul 30 2013 on  10:53 PM
Your lack of Allosaurus disturbs me.
Allosaurus is on there, the line Epanterias/ALLOSAURUS. Many think Epanterias was simply a big Allosaurus, so I put him with Epanterias.

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
Meh, I've put Giganotosaurus, though only because its been my favourite ever since I was about five.  :lol

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
By best do you mean which one adapted the best to it's enviroment,thus was the most succesfull hunter?Or something like who kicked whose butt?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I share Blais_13's confusion over the question.  If by most powerful you mean most well-adapted to its environment or most dominant predator for its time, then I would have to answer Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.