The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart by Vojeds

Vojeds · 68 · 9976

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
With smooth lines, it would be perfect! ^^

oh, wait, it is resized. lol

Good job!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, great job! That drawing is already premium-quality which is extremely impressive! :) There's not much you can do to improve from this until you start doing shadings and backgrounds so that might be something to look into. :)petrie

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Looking really good Vojeds! Don't really have much complaints from me except for maybe the smaller things like his teeth be a little too razor sharp and the back throat part of his mouth is the same colour as near his teeth. But other then that, awesome!  :chompysmile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Many look down on the act of tracing and drawing from a Screenshot but it takes a little bit of skill to get it right as I can tell from years of basically doing that ^^
Inactive, probably forever.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Many look down on the act of tracing and drawing from a Screenshot but it takes a little bit of skill to get it right as I can tell from years of basically doing that ^^

I honestly do not understand why people would look down on a drawing that is an inspiration from an existing screenshot. Art is art, no matter what and it should be treated as such. As for the picture itself, I really like the bright coloration you decided to go with. It gives a neat detail to Chomper's figure while simultaneously offering something new as I believe teeth were not as sharp as in the original screenshot. As it is, the bluish background works rather well in comparison to a white one, in this case it is more vibrant and that effect is likewise visible in the complete picture. I have a feeling that if the original one and this would be put side to side, I would have to look a bit closer in order to spot which one of them is the fanmade one. You're certainly improving with every piece you make and it will be interesting to see what more we can expect from you. Neatly done. :)

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I like the more spiky look you have for Chomper. Most usually portray his teeth and other facets of him as rounded to have him appear less intimidating, so the jagged design is different. Chomper's dark coloration also stands out nicely against the shade of light blue you used as a backdrop.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Vojeds

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
With smooth lines, it would be perfect! ^^

oh, wait, it is resized. lol

Good job!

Haha thanks!  :lol
:chompysmile
Yeah, great job! That drawing is already premium-quality which is extremely impressive! :) There's not much you can do to improve from this until you start doing shadings and backgrounds so that might be something to look into. :)petrie
Thanks! I'm gonna start practicing photorealism art, so it involved a lot of shading and backgrounds  :)petrie

Looking really good Vojeds! Don't really have much complaints from me except for maybe the smaller things like his teeth be a little too razor sharp and the back throat part of his mouth is the same colour as near his teeth. But other then that, awesome!  :chompysmile
Thanks! Yeah, i will keep that in mind thanks again  :chompysmile

Thanks, I guess?

I honestly do not understand why people would look down on a drawing that is an inspiration from an existing screenshot. Art is art, no matter what and it should be treated as such. As for the picture itself, I really like the bright coloration you decided to go with. It gives a neat detail to Chomper's figure while simultaneously offering something new as I believe teeth were not as sharp as in the original screenshot. As it is, the bluish background works rather well in comparison to a white one, in this case it is more vibrant and that effect is likewise visible in the complete picture. I have a feeling that if the original one and this would be put side to side, I would have to look a bit closer in order to spot which one of them is the fanmade one. You're certainly improving with every piece you make and it will be interesting to see what more we can expect from you. Neatly done. :)
Thank you so much! This has just been small projects I have been doing recently to see if I really enjoy drawing, turn out I LOVE IT  :chompysmile

I like the more spiky look you have for Chomper. Most usually portray his teeth and other facets of him as rounded to have him appear less intimidating, so the jagged design is different. Chomper's dark coloration also stands out nicely against the shade of light blue you used as a backdrop.

Thank you! I wanted to see how Chomper would look like with a more intimidating look while maintaining his warmth full appearance

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Hmph...not bad.

Just kidding! I was out of my seat in awe of how clean and crisp your digital recreation of Chomper turned out. I could really see how much TLC you put forth in this to make sure that the drawing came out in its best quality at the end. The colors are very vibrant, and Chomper is just brimming with innocence and curiosity as far as I could tell. Everything is basically perfect unless you want to invest some skill into shading and background, as Sovereign has mentioned already. I also have to agree with Owls that the more jagged appearance makes Chomper look much more appealing and genuine (not just more intimidating).

Good job! It was rather surprising (but also a welcome sight) to see you more active on the forum recently. I hope we get to see you more on here!

Edit: Yes, I know about Discord, but I will have to decline...for now at least.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 08:09:21 PM by ImpracticalDino »

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
You are very gifted Vojeds! Your Chomper art looks offical, like from Universal! I am thrilled your art is an emoji here on the Gang of Five!  :chompysmile  :chompysmile  :chompysmile

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Now that I know you're the original creator for these two new emotes we have now, will we be expecting a release of the emotes in their original picture size/form?

You are very gifted Vojeds! Your Chomper art looks offical, like from Universal! I am thrilled your art is an emoji here on the Gang of Five!  :chompysmile  :chompysmile  :chompysmile

Haha, the Chomper art is definitely a favorite of mine from him. :chompysmile

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Any chance you could make Grandpa Longneck art that could be converted into an emoji? It could be :Wise or :Thoughtful. :)   

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Vojeds

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Hmph...not bad.

Just kidding! I was out of my seat in awe of how clean and crisp your digital recreation of Chomper turned out. I could really see how much TLC you put forth in this to make sure that the drawing came out in its best quality at the end. The colors are very vibrant, and Chomper is just brimming with innocence and curiosity as far as I could tell. Everything is basically perfect unless you want to invest some skill into shading and background, as Sovereign has mentioned already. I also have to agree with Owls that the more jagged appearance makes Chomper look much more appealing and genuine (not just more intimidating).

Good job! It was rather surprising (but also a welcome sight) to see you more active on the forum recently. I hope we get to see you more on here!

Edit: Yes, I know about Discord, but I will have to decline...for now at least.
Thanks so much! Well, I'm trying to stay active but I'm really bad it ^^. Anyway ur always welcome to the discord server  ;)Cera

Haha, thanks! I'm actually trying to further my skills in drawing, also I'm currently training in drawing traditionally after I mastered it somewhat I will move on to digital art, I'm   shortly gonna make a big update on my progress

Now that I know you're the original creator for these two new emotes we have now, will we be expecting a release of the emotes in their original picture size/form?

Haha, the Chomper art is definitely a favorite of mine from him. :chompysmile

Yeah of course, glad you asked!  :)petrie

And yeah  :chompysmile is also my favorite  :smile

Any chance you could make Grandpa Longneck art that could be converted into an emoji? It could be :Wise or :Thoughtful. :)   

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, yeah why not ^^ I will look into it!  :chompysmile

Awesome new emotes! :D
Good job!
Haha thanks!  :M'Rhett

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
^I look forward to seeing what you create for Grandpa Longneck. :)

Are most of new emotes your creations?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Oh, for some reason I never realized that the Thud emoji was your creation as well. Nicely done.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Vojeds made one last emote before he said farewell.

It is the Horned Sharptooth or :whatdidyousay?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/693475640434753616/702289489132912801/Whatdidyousay.png

He made it at my request, being a huge Carnotaur fan. :)

« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 05:50:57 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/693475640434753616/702289489132912801/Whatdidyousay.png

Whoa, cool!! Is this ever going to be on the GoF?

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I saw this on you Discord post. Nice to see some more sharpteeth ideas for emotes!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Whoa, cool!! Is this ever going to be on the GoF?

That depends on the approval of the Admins and Mods. ;)