The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Drawings by RainbowFaceProtege :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Haha those chibis are adorable! I think my favorite is Petrie :D Or maybe Wildarms, hahaha!

Nice mermaid/crab/Ducky-mashup. I always loved their silly depiction of themselves during the song Big Water, which is what this reminded me of :D

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Haha those chibis are adorable! I think my favorite is Petrie :D Or maybe Wildarms, hahaha!
Thanks! :)petrie I was really happy with how those two turned out, too. Petrie is typical adorable Petrie, and Wild Arms is pretty thrilled about something...must've just found "someone who's sensible!" :lol

Nice mermaid/crab/Ducky-mashup. I always loved their silly depiction of themselves during the song Big Water, which is what this reminded me of :D

That scene was exactly what I based this drawing on! Always loved that moment myself, so I couldn't resist the opportunity to draw one of the sea-creature Gang. :DD

Haha this is great! I guess Ducky is now part of the strangerous crew!  :PCera

Yep, yep, yep! :lol Hopefully she's not about to "re-arranger-us."

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I finished another humanization drawing today! This time, we've got the guest characters from Journey of the Brave and The Great Longneck Migration...knowing that, you can probably figure out who's who. :DD Tell me your favorite!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've never personally been the biggest fan of humanization, but these characters have all been drawn well and recognizable (especially given the hint :p ). Also once again great job with the colouring!

As for favourites...I think I'll go with Pat. Hopefully his leg is doing much better.

Very nicely done!

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Awesome humanizations! XD I like how you gave Shorty a slingshot, it fits given his talent of flinging rocks with his tail.  :)petrie

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@Flathead770 Thanks! :DD And yeah, I get that humanization art isn't everyone's thing. Truth be told, it's usually more fun drawing it yourself than it is looking at someone else's, haha.

@Goldenwind Thank you! I got that idea for Shorty early on in drawing that picture, and I knew it had to be done! :lol

Well, here's my entry for this month's fanart prompt! It's unusual for me to leave a drawing uncolored, but I did it here since I was trying to mimic newspaper comic strip style.

P.S. Um, some of you might wonder why Nod wasn't in that last scene. Uh...I'm pretty sure he got so bored that he left a while ago which has nothing to do with the fact that he's very hard to draw. :p
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 02:14:20 PM by RainbowFaceProtege »

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This is great! I like the style that you drew this in. I think Cera's goofy looking smile is my favourite :p And yes, I can see Nod being hard to draw haha

Funny enough, this idea would have also worked for the September/October prompt as well.

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege  Oh noes. X'D Poor Thicknose.  :bestsharptooth I find this adorbs,  espically since there is a bunch of characters that were never seen together in the series. Poor Chomper is about to squish Lizzie and Guido is Sonic running for his life.  :PCera This is hilarous!

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
looooooooool XD

You raised my morning mood . Well done!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I actually once made a joke about Thicknose having taught Hyp before (given that LBT8 claims he's been in the valley as teacher for a long time) in my Thicknose fanfic, so it's refreshing to see that Thicknose isn't relegated to just being the gang's mentor. As someone who wanted to be a teacher at one point of his life, this scene perfectly encapsulates my hesitation in pursuing that career.

Fitting that Cera is the one most bemused by Thicknose's plight, and I do like all the secondary characters showing up, gives the valley some life to it.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@Flathead770 Oh man, you're right! The funny thing is I hadn't even seen that prompt.

@Goldenwind @OwlsCantRead I had a blast bringing together the more seldom-seen kids of the valley! No wonder they don't hang out together more. :lol

@Sneak Glad to hear it. :DD

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is glorious.  :lol  I think that any teacher can relate to the sinking feeling that one gets when you go from an attentive and dedicated class of students to a group that is not attentive at all.  I just hope that Mr. Thicknose has the prehistoric version of extra-strength coffee to help him get through the day.  :bestsharptooth

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is great :D Nice work. Liking the facial expressions on all of them.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Holy Treestars I've been missing out a lot here. Kinda too late to make a comment on each individual drawing but I think that's hardly necessary as every single drawing of yours is magnificent! I wouldn't know what to criticize even if I tried to find something. Your artstyle is very cute, you know how to use lighting and shading and you know how to draw original scenes that aren't traced from existing screenshots. I'm both in awe and a little jealous, you're really amazing so keep up the great work, okay?  ;)Cera
Inactive, probably forever.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@Ducky123 Thank you so much for all those kind words, you really made my day!! :Mo

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm, it's been a long time since I put anything in this thread. Time to change that--here are my two latest drawings! The first is Coral, an OC Tanystropheus I recently created. (My fellow Ducky Legionnaires will already be familiar with her, wink-wink!) The second was requested by @Vojeds ...who'd have guessed, right?
:ChomperImAwesome

Stardisk

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Stardisk's strange digital corner
Time to change that--here are my two latest drawings!
Nice pictures! What software do you use, if it is not a secret?  :duckyhappy
Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation

View my art project Internet Before Time (last update was 2020/11/18!)

Discussion of LBT games for PS1

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure I commented on the Coral OC when you first revealed it, but you did a good job drawing and coming up with a personality! I also really like that Chomper! A cool action pose for him  :chompysmile

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Chomper art is super osom! ^^

Coral looks interesting. Though I think her neck is too long and wide, compared to the body.

Also I love both backgrounds! Well done.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@Stardisk Well, that would be telling, but I'll tell you anyway! ;)Cera I used Krita for these. It's a free open-source art program I discovered recently, and it's been pretty great!

@Flathead Credit to Vojeds for requesting the pose! It sure was fun to draw!
@Sneak I had the feeling you'd like that Chomper, too. :ChomperImAwesome And about Coral's neck...well, this is a Tanystropheus...