The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Drawings by RainbowFaceProtege :)

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
Mo!! He’s so cute  :Mo
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
With those big eyes it makes it look like an adorable baby Mo!  :Mo
Chibi Mo, you mean. :bestsharptooth

Yeah, that's my review, send tweet
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I'll take a page from Owls' book and type something simple and call it a day. I've done far too many reviews for one lifetime. Yes, this swimmer could definitely be classified as a baby Mo. It is cute and I like it. Just like it should be. :Mo

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile

Very adorable indeed! :Mo

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
I'll take a page from Owls' book and type something simple and call it a day. I've done far too many reviews for one lifetime. Yes, this swimmer could definitely be classified as a baby Mo. It is cute and I like it. Just like it should be. :Mo

Anagnos, I hereby give you permission to "type something simple and call it a day" any time you like. Reviews aren't an obligation! :OhYou You already practically wrote an essay regarding my fanfic today, so I sure can't ask for more than that!

Chibi Mo, you mean. :bestsharptooth

Yeah, that's my review, send tweet

Haha, this was actually part of a series of desktop images I'd created (years ago) called "Chibis Before Time." Looking back at them all, most of the others are too "meh" to be worth posting, but Mo was still pretty cute, so I figured I might as well toss him on here. Sure enough, pretty much everyone responding here has confirmed that cute is the defining characteristic of this pic, heh.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Back to the more elaborate stuff now! :)littlefoot Here we have the fateful first meeting of my OCs Kendra and Chase!
(Yes, that's a crease in the paper near the upper left.) :sducky

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
Ahhh, I love the background in this one!! It looks so whimsical, and I love the colors! Your OCs are so cute :chompysmile Great job!  :DD
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh wow that's awesome! The background is really well done as well! Great job!  :)littlefoot

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I like your OCs! Aw, they look a bit lost in the wilderness it seems like. You really like backgrounds associated with space and the night sky, do you? Don't worry, I like those types of backgrounds too. ;)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks, folks! Yes, I do love me some space/night backgrounds and colors! And yes, these poor babies are quite lost...but from this point onward, at least they're going to be lost together. :duckyhappy (Gotta polish up this fanfic and post it some time!)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Is that new-made drawing or old one? :O

I love this masterpiece even better!!!!!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I love night backgrounds as well, and the glow-up reflection from the moonlight plus soft pastel colors of the piece gives it a LBT1-esque feel! I like the colors of the background and the characters as well, and tbh I am kinda at a loss for words. You're great at art! :Mo
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@Sneak Thank you! :)petrie It's newer than some of the other stuff I've shown, but it's from last year.

@OwlsCantRead Aww, you're too nice! I enjoy drawing pictures with interesting lighting in them. :yes

Which brings me to my second piece of art from the same story--and the color scheme is polar opposite my usual this time! :lol
This is Chase (now a teenager) looking out over the Great Valley sunset with Chomper. They're like brothers to each other, these two sharpteeth! :chompysmile Chomper's especially happy he's met another friendly sharptooth--just look at that hug.

Anyway...shadows/highlights were pretty difficult for me here, and the resulting picture probably isn't totally consistent about which direction the sunlight is coming from.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I like gloam/dawn too. :p The red and yellow tinge really makes this have a yellow hue reminiscent of LBT1. :D

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
This is just too adorable and beautiful for words! This is awesome! There isn't enough sharptooth drawings like this around, espically with Chomper!  :chompysmile Like your OCs! Can't wait to see the fanfics behind the drawings!

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
please, post all of your drawings! :O
want to see them all
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wow, you have a lot of variety in your art style RainbowFaceProtege! And so far all of them has delivered. Great job! :smile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I really like the colours in this one! I imagine Chomper would indeed be quite happy to have another sharptooth to call friend, and within the Great Valley no less! I know the difficulties of trying to be consistent with the lighting/shading haha. I think as long as there's not any glaring side by side errors it's not too bad.

Great job once again!  :chompysmile

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@OwlsCantRead So, every color scheme I use reminds you of LBT 1? Well, I'm not complaining. :smile
@Goldenwind That's too sweet of you! Honestly, I'm surprised people don't draw Chomper more often. He's such a cute little guy! :OhYou
@Sneak Oh, I'm gonna keep 'em coming...don't worry about that! :)petrie
@ImpracticalDino Aww, thanks so much! I have fun experimenting! :^^spike

@Flathead770 He's actually a wanderer, but still, I have the feeling this isn't the last time Chase will visit the valley. Glad to hear my lighting wasn't too bad--thank you for your compliments! :DD