The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Discuss: The Bright Circle Celebration

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I've just seen it, you can download it at isohunt.com
Apparently there's a Mr Thicknose look-a-like, and fire returns to the series, fire and fire rocks.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
P2P downloads I keep away from. So I will wait to see it come around again then risk my laptop with a P2P. unless you managed to get a copy of it from this website then you could try and reduce the size and put it on yousendit. other then that I think I will wait cause sites like that I don't know if it can be trusted or not specially with a P2P

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I am currently taking the risk.  I have just barely started the download.  For me, it won't be done until tomorrow morning before I wake up.  That's okay though.  As long as I get it. ;)

Thank you so much New Order. :^.^:

EDIT: Correction.  Looks like it will be done by about 11:03 pm.  I usually stay up until midnight at the latest.  Strangely enough, I still wake early. :^.^:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I had to wait longer.  There seemed to be some sort of delay in the download.  Oh well, at least I got to see it.  Now for my comment on it.

Is it just me or are the song writer's having too much fun making remakes of the songs.  Seriously, we're getting remake after remake.  It seems they can't last more than one episode without at least one remake.  Can't we have something original for several episodes here?  Seriously, if you keep up something like that, songs that were once great become downright boring to listen to. -_-

Anyways, it seems that The Bright Circle Celebration is the LBT version of Thanksgiving.  The first poster who figures out how they are related gets "one free desert of their choice". :^.^:

The fire scene is what mainly interested me.  It seems that the gang we know and love have gotten quite some knowledge on how to put out a fire since LBT 3.  Which was good seeing and all.  Though the "miracle" of snow falling at just the right time seemed to ruin the suspence of the whole scene that such an element can provide.

Overall, this was good, but it could've been better. :^.^: Questionable as to whether or not I would want to see it more than twice. :)

And, as usual, I plan to provide Action9000 with the latest lyrics by tomorrow. :)

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Pokeplayer do you want to compress the episode and put it on yousendit, or should I? It's fine by me either way.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Mar 7 2007 on  07:14 AM
Pokeplayer do you want to compress the episode and put it on yousendit, or should I? It's fine by me either way.
You go ahead and do it.  I have very limited resources and knowledge, plus I've got enough duties on the net as is. :P:

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
My video compressor's trial version has expired. Can anyone suggest me another one I could use?

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I tried everything and can't compress it. Sorry guys \:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
How about sending it to me by email? I think I can help do something about it. but the idea is that I split it up on Media Movie Marker into two parts so it will fit in the uploading. it just a idea.

If you like to give it a shot I will be online tonight in UK time around 11:30pm, not sure about US or Canada time but I think it would be around 4pm to 6pm area. is epsiode 11 gotten this week around?

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I'm from Portugal, I'm also on UK time :D

It's a 200 mb file. I can only send up to 20 mb through e-mail.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
oh I didn't know lol. well best to send it through Msn messenger. there is no limit on that, might take about 30 to 60 minutes but it should work :)

oh here some sites for compression

http://www.blazemp.com/downloads.html
http://www.brothersoft.com/downloads/video-compressor.html

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Ok, I'll PM my msn e-mail. I'm on-line right now if you want to add me.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
megaupload.com will accept 200mb files...I've seen many things over that.  Only downside is you must wait about 12 hours to get anything else from a megaupload server

Ryuukokoro

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Was this episode ever available for us, or are you guys still working on compressing it? I wish I could help! I don't know anything about putting video files onto computers. I barely understand what compressing is... lol.

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
Missed the episode the first time around. It's on again on Tuesday, so I'll catch it then, then see if I can find anything I can comment on.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Was this episode ever available for us, or are you guys still working on compressing it?
Unfortunately I never got ahold of this episode so I can't post it up. :(

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
This has to be one of the oddest episodes I'd seen yet. Never mind the religious undertones (something I didn't think LBT would ever delve into, due to it's controversial nature), the various ways the fire was put out intrigued me. I wonder if such methods would actually work in real life?

Did anyone else notice near the beginning, when Petrie was on the log explaining what the Bright Cricle Celebration was, there were those overlapping circles of light caused by pointing a camera diretly at the sun? Did the animators add that in for realism (despite the fact it is now less realistic, the story taking place in the Mesozoic era)?

My personal favorite part had got to be the "Reality" song. They hit a home run with that one. Dramatic irony has always scored high on my list.

I also laughed when Littlefoot revealed how Ducky was going to help put the fire out. I know she has a reputation of being the helpless damsel-in-distress, but her assigned role in the bucket-line was just pathetic. "Pick the wet stree stars out of the water?" What a worthless job.

I also laughed watching Littlefoots grandparents and Ducky's mom singing in I Feel So Happy. Their faces just weren't meant to sing directly face-to-face with the camera.

The only other thing I'm going to comment on was the lack of a real moral resolution: Cera never actually addressed her problem of (essentially) not believing in the sun god. I personally wish that the writers had bumped Petrie off his high-perch a little to, to show being a fanatic disciple isn't always the best move either.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
With Ducky you have to remember her small size makes it so there are not a lot of jobs she could do and likely she wanted to do something.  Part of what she did does mean that the larger dinosaurs can focus on getting the soaking wet tree stars to the fire instead of someone putting them into the fire and taking them out who could be taking them to the fire instead.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I notice that even though Red Claw is the main antagonist of the series, we've had several episodes now where he doesn't show up at all. While I do like the idea of a recurring antagonist, at the same time I like that they haven't been using him as a crutch to drive the conflict of every single episode, that they've been coming up with other plotlines as well.

The fire scene is what mainly interested me.  It seems that the gang we know and love have gotten quite some knowledge on how to put out a fire since LBT 3.  Which was good seeing and all.  Though the "miracle" of snow falling at just the right time seemed to ruin the suspence of the whole scene that such an element can provide.
When I watched the episode, my first thought was that the timing of the snowfall to put out the rest of the fire seemed too convenient. But then I thought about it some more, and I wondered if perhaps it was supposed to be some sort of higher-up entity rewarding them for their faith, or something like that. The episode doesn't explicitly confirm it, if that was indeed the case, but it's an intriguing idea.

This has to be one of the oddest episodes I'd seen yet. Never mind the religious undertones (something I didn't think LBT would ever delve into, due to it's controversial nature)
It was an unusual topic for LBT, certainly, but I enjoyed it. The idea of a mystical, faith-based celebration in their community was an interesting thing to see.

The only other thing I'm going to comment on was the lack of a real moral resolution: Cera never actually addressed her problem of (essentially) not believing in the sun god. I personally wish that the writers had bumped Petrie off his high-perch a little to, to show being a fanatic disciple isn't always the best move either.
Good point, although it didn't bother me personally. Both herself and Topps eventually decided on their own terms that the Bright Circle Celebration wasn't such a bad thing after all, which was a nice bit of character development. As for Petrie, it did lead to this epic grin of his here.

Worth it for that alone. :p
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 08:27:16 PM by StardustSoldier »