The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Jim Gamma

• Ruby
    • View Profile
OK, so I watched some of the LBT movies back in '05 or '06, and then this Christmas, I got all of them. I've now watched them all inside of a month, plus I've now seen the TV series...

...so, is TLBT Overdose a recognised medical illness? :p

Anyway, HELLO from a new member! I'll try to avoid the most obvious pitfalls of newbie-dom (such as asking about the future of the series)... instead, I'll ask what recommendations people have - any good fanfics out there, for example?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey there Jim Gamma! Welcome to the forums! :) Call me Iris or Mumbling. Feel free to post wherever you like :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun times here.  Not sure about any fanfiction, some folks here do write it and I'd guess some read fanfiction also.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hi and welcome to GOF! :wave  Have fun.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Welcome with us Jim Gamma :)
It is always a pleasure to welcome new members to our community. Please feel hearty invited to join our discussions or start threads of your own. :yes
As for fanfiction it depends on what you are looking for. There are many in the GOF who have written long fanfictions and who have a great talent for writing. Unfortunately there are very, very few fanfictions that would really fit in with the movies as most authors prefer to write crossing overs with other genres or include elements that are not from the LBT universe. If you don't mind that you will find many stories you will enjoy in the fanart&fanfiction section.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Welcome to the GoF Forums.

Fear not my avatar, for I am a nice guy... most of the time  :D

Jim Gamma

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone - I've already started looking at the Fanfic forum, some interesting stuff there!

Hmm... I recognise the name Kor from another board I used to be a regular at a few years back. Although of course it's a well-enough-known character name that two people might be using it...

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Wow, so many new members within a week! Awesome! :smile Welcome to The Gang Of Five, Jim Gamma! :DD (Do you prefer people to use your full name, or is just “Jim” or “Gamma” okay? :p)

Quote from: Jim Gamma,Jan 24 2011 on  10:52 AM
OK, so I watched some of the LBT movies back in '05 or '06, and then this Christmas, I got all of them. I've now watched them all inside of a month, plus I've now seen the TV series...

...so, is TLBT Overdose a recognised medical illness? :p
I don't think so, but that sounds an awful lot like what I went through in December 2008–January 2009 after I rediscovered LBT. :lol

Quote from: Jim Gamma,Jan 24 2011 on  10:52 AM
I'll try to avoid the most obvious pitfalls of newbie-dom (such as asking about the future of the series)... instead, I'll ask what recommendations people have - any good fanfics out there, for example?
If you haven't seen them already, I highly recommend Rise of Storm Tide and Far Away Home by Caustizer. There's also The Cold Time by Malte279 (written before LBT VIII came out). He'd warn you himself that the story is imperfectly translated from his native German, but if you can look past that, it's excellent. :yes Then there are a number of shorter stories by FlipperBoidSkua (uniquely focusing on the unseen dimensions of some of the series' villains), including One Time Thing, Betting Game, Being the Bigger Sharptooth, and Guilty Until Proven Innocent. Two more that I feel I would be unfairly leaving out if I didn't mention them are Quest for the Energy Stones and Quest for the Mask of Life by The Chronicler. Both are crossovers between LBT and Bionicle, and are surprisingly well done, in my opinion.

There's also a whole lot of fantastic LBT artwork from such creative minds as Sky, Ptyra, DarkWolf91, Mumbling, Malte279, Vek, FlipperBoidSkua, and even humble little old me. :p

One more thing: authors and artists here LOVE reviews of their work. ;)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not sure how much used Kor is.  I'm the only Kor I've ever come across, same with another name I used to use at times, but got kind of bored with using.

Hope you have fun on here and there are lots of threads for you to read, look over and respond to, as well as starting your own when you feel comfortable doing so.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile

Salvatore Blackheart

• Chomper
    • View Profile
if here is the place for presentations i introduce me, hi, i¥m Salvatore Blackheart
a long time ago i have see LBT my favorite movies are the original of course, II,IV,V,VI and X for now on TV series i have seen the episodes 6,16 and 20, in my free time I use paint to fix pics, an example i wanted rejuvenate littlefoot mother in this picture.
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=...mother#/d1xqpaj
And i got it removing some lines on is face, i wanted post my pic of the littlefoot¥s mother rejuvenated but i don¥t know how post a image directly of my computer. If someone tell me how do that would be great.

Jim Gamma

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Welcome! :-) Have fun here!

(I know I don't post much but I do read a lot!)

SupperChickin

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum of LBT have fun