The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Blade Runner Movies

a1iengutz

• Stealer of Teeth
  • Ruby
  • Don't ask me I just work here
    • View Profile
    • My art insta
Hey!  :chompysmile
If there are any other Blade Runner fans I'd love to discuss the movies and the universe, and sorry if there's already a thread for them.
I personally really love the aesthetic of the first film, and 2049 has a really good spin on the old movie's look, but I feel like a bit of the original charm is gone in it. But! It's still such a big inspiration to me, and a lot of my worldbuilding! If anyone wants to talk about theories or if anyone has cool screencaps from the movie I'd love to see them!
Once again, sorry if there's already a thread, I just couldn't find/see one  :confused
Thanks!
  I'm cool, I swear! Take a nap

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
On the original: I loved the concept but not a movie I would watch over and over again.

a1iengutz

• Stealer of Teeth
  • Ruby
  • Don't ask me I just work here
    • View Profile
    • My art insta
On the original: I loved the concept but not a movie I would watch over and over again.
Oh, fair enough, it's a little slow moving for sure. Have you seen 2049? If you haven't I'd definitely recommend it! A lot of sequels are made just to bank on nostalgia but 2049 really feels like a love letter to the original.
  I'm cool, I swear! Take a nap

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
While I'm not a huge fan of the series, I have watched both of them and enjoyed it. One thing I remember liking about 2049 is how they kept the concept of whether or not Harrison Ford's character (can't remember his name :p ) was a replicant or not a mystery.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh, fair enough, it's a little slow moving for sure. Have you seen 2049? If you haven't I'd definitely recommend it! A lot of sequels are made just to bank on nostalgia but 2049 really feels like a love letter to the original.

No. I saw the one and that's what I'm going to continue watching.