The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Chicken Run - or how Rhett got chased out of the Valley and trampled by Yellowbe

Ducky123 · 150 · 21228

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Note before you start reading: This will be the RP equivalent of a crack fic. You have been warned.  :bestsharptooth :bestsharptooth

So after an inspiring chat over on our discord server, I'm volunteering to put our hilarious ideas into a format that actually makes sense!

Credit for the idea goes to UnionRags.

For some reason (yes why indeed!) Rhett is back in the Great Valley and so is Ali and her herd. Naturally, Rhett causes distress among our favorite dinosaurs (we all know he's a git, right?). One day, the gang make an excursion to Saurus Rock (ditching Rhett, naturally). Once there, Littlefoot looks up to Saurus Rock, wondering why the Lone Dinosaur wouldn't protect the Valley from a git like Rhett spewing more lies than a Smoking Mountain. A silly and random thought, he quickly discards it as wishful thinking and they eventually return home. However, he is thrilled when no sooner than the day after, Doc walks into the Valley. Coincidence? Upon speaking with Doc, Littlefoot realizes that his wishful thinking had indeed summoned the Lone Dinosaur - and he is willing to take on the job! A plan is forged, preparations are made. Rhett shall be chased out of the valley!

Further ideas/plans:
-Doc (and Chomper?) lead the chase
-Littlefoot and Ali are lying in wait to beat Rhett up once he is chased into their open arms (figuratively speaking). Cera, Ruby and Chomper join the fun as well.
-Ducky and Petrie are doing grammatically challenged commentary on the spectacle?
-Spike sleeps away the action
-a couple grown-ups are drafted by their children to chase him out, including their parents and Old One. Heavily beat, Rhett is fleeing from the Valley! Finally, the gang can play games in peace!
-Rhett doesn't know where to go and sort of ends up in Berry Valley where his lies end up enraging the entire herd. He dies in the following stampede (a mercy kill, isn't it?)

-for reasons beyond my comprehension, a random fastrunner might also play a role in this

-----------

Part of the story was already discussed on discord though I still feel we should go over the details here before jumping into the fun.

-----------

Characters:

Littlefoot -StardustSoldier
Cera - ImpracticalDino
Ducky - ImpracticalDino
Petrie - UnionRags123
Spike - UnionRags123
Chomper - Ducky123
Ruby - rhombus
Ali - Ducky123
Rhett - Ducky123
Doc - UnionRags123
A fastrunner - rhombus

Minor characters
Our three favorite Yellowbellies - ???
Grandma Longneck - Sleepy
Grandpa Longneck - Ducky123
Topps - Sleepy
Tria - Ducky123
Mama Swimmer - StardustSoldier
Mama Flyer - StardustSoldier
more residents?
"one sane man" / observer / narrator?  :lol - Sneak?

Ducky123: one or two more members of the gang + some valley residents

Most will have to take more than one character naturally. I'd volunteer to play Rhett unless someone else wants that honor  :PAli
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 09:05:20 PM by Ducky123 »
Inactive, probably forever.

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
  • AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB
    • View Profile
Can I do Doc, Ali, and some minor characters?  :lol
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

Major kudos to anyone who figures out what that means :)

I will find ways to make sure “lol dino” is in all of my posts :lol

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As said in the Discord chat, I am open to being a minor fastrunner character who keeps on attempting to enter the valley in order to get fish... and who keeps on being chased out.  :p

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Jesus Murtaugh Christ...
I know it's some kind of fun crack roleplay without seriousness, but... I really started to worry about how community threats Rhett...
Unlike some evil or disgusting adult character in LBT series, he's just a...child, and easily can be affected with corruptions of the world. I am more questioned why adults didn't prevent his bad actions in time so he didn't act like he did. And I believe that lesson in TV series episode would definitely help him to stand in right way in future life.
Kinda wanted to say my opinion about Rhett and community's reaction on him for a quite long time. For me, it's better to see how other people give him a hand of help to be a better person in life than uniting in some kind of mafia gang and create a plans how to hurt him, or do something worse.  x(cera
I personally dislike some LBT characters very much, but only because their character is constantly opposite to my prefers (Topps), or creators made them almost empty shell without character (Spike), or creators dared to call someone the most dangerous and powerful, with that, not respecting characters that actually did fit of that characteristics (Red Claw, comparing to Sharptooth). But I kept disliking them very much because they had a lot of chances to change their characters, but they didn't, or did but it wasn't enough. Considering Rhett, he hadn't even a chance... While Cera had, for example... And now she is even one of my favorite characters.

Ok, I'm done with this little offtop.
Have fun with roleplay, I guess?..
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
@Sneak this is heavily based off of some random, crazy, somewhat-idiotic idea I had at 1:30 am that a few other people found hilarious :lol  :facepalm

Yeah pretty much everyone is going to be out of character in this - maybe Spike will be the only one in character (sleeping and eating).
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Huh. This role play was honestly crazy but fun at the same time, so I'm a bit disappointed that nothing (so far) came out of this idea. And before anyone asks, no I wouldn't participate in this role play, nor I don't think I'll ever be in one.

I like the way that @UnionRags123 brain works after Midnight. The inner machinations of his mind is an enigma right there and then. (Spongebob reference!) Maybe you should stay up late more often for those wild, wacky, and fun ideas. But then again, you may need the sleep as college is starting pretty soon for you. :lol

To overall sum up what I think: It's so bad, that it's actually good! :DD

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Not sure if this is still happening or not, but let me know if it does. I'll join in on the fun.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Union and I are still interested. If rhombus took a small role as well, I think we could make this work.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Let's pick characters then. Once we have all major roles set in stone we can discuss how to get started and whether or not to apply some changes to the outline in the first post (and agree on or scrap the additional ideas there :lol)

Like I said, I would be very happy to be Rhett, given the fact that I have gained a bit of experience writing him due to RTTLOM :DD

I could also take one or two of the gang. Littlefoot and Ali are going to be the main characters of the bunch I reckon and I could play one of them unless popular demand is that you guys play them.

I would also play one of the minor gang members (aka not the flatheads xD) and I'm pretty indifferent who I end up with in the end :)

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I don't want to be "the talkers"- so scrap my earlier request for Ali  :lol

If there's no objections I'd like to do Doc and some other valley residents...possibly Petrie as well...  :)
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Just trying to figure out who currently wants in on this role play:

Interested:
me (UnionRags123)
@Ducky123
@rhombus
@StardustSoldier

Possibly interested:
@ImpracticalDino do you want in?

Recruiting attempt:
@Sleeping-force's-inside do you want in?
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@Sleeping-force's-inside: Looks like the initial tag didn't work. [Edit: Huh, it still didn't work for some reason.]

But yep, I'm still interested. I am, I am.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 12:22:57 AM by StardustSoldier »

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Oops neither of those tags worked  :opetrie

@StardustSoldier are there any specific characters you want?

I'm thinking that for "Valley Residents" we should have characters like Grandma & Grandpa Longneck, Topps, Tria, Mama Flyer, and Mama Swimmer.
Maybe Kosh/Mr. Clubtail can have his meal interrupted by the chase?  :lol
And what about Bron's herd?

What if Rhett meets Chomper's parents and Ruby's family in the Mysterious Beyond...  :bestsharptooth
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm, mysterious. Oh well, I just sent Sleeping-force a PM.

I signed up for the role of Mama Flyer in the "Sudden change of species 2.0" roleplay, so here I could take Mama Swimmer. :)

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I’m most likely going to be in now I think. Don’t expect me to come online except in the afternoon and evening on the weekdays, because well...school. I think I want the Ducky role.
:duckyhappy

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

You'd do a good Ducky, I think. And if so, that means I get to be your mama. :smile

I was like, “What?” when I read this, but then I realized you were going to be Mama Swimmer, not Mama Flyer. I misread the previous post you made, Oops-Eeps! :lol

If Mo was available for this role play, if he is, then I would definitely jump on that opportunity. :Mo