The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Drawing mistake in tv series

tossu · 7 · 4370

tossu

• Ruby
    • View Profile
One of my Youtube-subscribers noticed this mistake. In the episode "The Great Log-Running Game", while others are rescuing Cera from the river, she stands on the ground. Few seconds later Cera has been replaced with Spike.

http://tlbt.dy.fi/kuvia/vlcsnap-2010-07-09-13h17m01s249.png

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Some of the animation mistakes can be fun to try to find or spot.  Some are pretty funny.  

I remember one I saw in the episode where they celebrate Ruby's star day.  The bit of vine has 3 grapes on it.  She eats 2 or 3 of them then sings.  And when she throws the vine away there are 3 grapes on there again, as if by magic.  

Another one is from a movie.  They are singing and Cera walks half way across a log, I think one across a river or something, then they cut to Littlefoot with I think Ducky on his back and Cera somehow teleported back to be just in front of Littlefoot as if she just got on the log a few seconds before he did.

Vek

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Kaelvek
Yeah there are many mistakes with drawings and animations in the serie. I noticed Cera's teleportation in the log running game. There is the 3 horned Cera, Littlefoot's head is too smooth compared to the movies, Cera do not have always a white point in the eyes for giving her an impression of... life. A "frog-spike" too :

And there is the many computer-made: camera movement, drawings and animations. Hard to explain, but some scenes are clearly made by computer instead by hand. It is not a mistake i know, i simply noticed that, and didnt liked it.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Clear evidence that teleporters were invented in the age of the dinosaurs!  :lol

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I always spot the moments where they miss colouring a certain part of a character. An example is in "Through the eyes of a spiketail" where I think they do it twice.

In the same episode, they manage to un-sync the characters lip movements a couple of times.

And don't even get me started on how aweful the character models can look sometimes. As Vek pointed out, you get hilariously bad drawings of the characters tons of times.

I've noticed one strange thing. Of all the characters, Ruby... who is arguably the most complex and detailed looking character, is drawn well almost all the time... where as Spike and Littlefoot seemed to look different in nearly every other scene. I don't know, maybe it's just me...

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Who knew Cera was a supernatural being :blink:?

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
Oh yeah...I remember this one.

Cera: Help me dad.  I'm falling down a water fall.

Tops: I'm coming.

Cera: But I'm right here.