The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Percy Jackson TV Series Coming to Disney+!!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
An announcement went out just today that the Percy Jackson and the Olympians books are going to be adapted into a Disney+ show! :Mo It's still in early development right now, but Rick Riordan and his wife say they'll be heavily involved in everything about the show, and it won't pick up from the films but start from scratch at the first book! As someone who's loved these books for a long time, I'm really excited about this! Percy Jackson is second only to Harry Potter in my book (uh, pun not intended). Who else is hyped about this??

"I don't see anything!"--Cera

"Maybe your eyes are getting in the way."--Rainbow Face

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ooh, I like the sound of that! I got into the series after seeing the first film (like, it wasn't great, but it wasn't AWFUL; just a fun little popcorn flick), fortunately discovering the entire series for sale at an op shop I was working at at the time for cheap and reading them all! Then I saw the second film, and...well, to this day I bring it up when talking with friends about the worst films I've ever see, because of just how many things it did WRONG.

...so yeah, it'll be nice to see it done right. Also looking forward to how they handle the other series; Alex Fierro is someone I'm super curious to see brought to life.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Ooh, I like the sound of that! I got into the series after seeing the first film (like, it wasn't great, but it wasn't AWFUL; just a fun little popcorn flick), fortunately discovering the entire series for sale at an op shop I was working at at the time for cheap and reading them all! Then I saw the second film, and...well, to this day I bring it up when talking with friends about the worst films I've ever see, because of just how many things it did WRONG.

...so yeah, it'll be nice to see it done right. Also looking forward to how they handle the other series; Alex Fierro is someone I'm super curious to see brought to life.

I don't hate the film, either. Like a lot of fans, I was disappointed that they changed a so many details from the books, but I think a lot of people were unnecessarily harsh on it. Even though it's not "real" Percy Jackson, it's a fun movie in its own right. That being said, I'm still super excited that these books are getting a second chance at an adaptation. Hopefully, this time, it'll get the justice it deserved from the start.

OMG, I also couldn't help wondering if the Kane Chronicles and Magnus Chase could get shows next! If that happens, I'm gonna be ecstatic!!

"I don't see anything!"--Cera

"Maybe your eyes are getting in the way."--Rainbow Face