The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

[VO] Voice-over Main Discussion Topic

Ducky123 · 178 · 34707

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
In fact, I can. All I would do is open the file in Audacity, and it'll give me six mono tracks, each containing different portions of the audio, and I would mute the one with the voices in it. I'd probably align our voices first before muting the originals so that everything is in the right place. We'd get perfectly clear music (for the most part) and sound effects.

Amazing! Is there any chance you can just render the file without the vocals and send it to me? I've already got all other voices aligned in Vegas so probably easiest to keep everything in one place.

Oh, and yeah, the echoes can be heard in some of the other tracks, too. I will say, hearing Judith's echo in my sample video gave me chills, well, because we all know what happened to her. :(petrie It felt like listening to someone ... who wasn't even there, because that just so happens to be the truth. She never lived to see this masterpiece. :cry
Poor thing. Her story will haunt me forever. She seemed such a bright and talented young girl. May her soul rest in peace. :(petrie

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
Amazing! Is there any chance you can just render the file without the vocals and send it to me? I've already got all other voices aligned in Vegas so probably easiest to keep everything in one place.

Sure thing! It'll take a while, though. Like I said, it takes a while just for Audacity to load the file. I'll try to get it sent to you tonight. I'm in a different time zone than you are, so you may find it in your inbox either tonight or first thing tomorrow morning.

Poor thing. Her story will haunt me forever. She seemed such a bright and talented young girl. May her soul rest in peace. :(petrie

:(petrie Yep, yep, yep. :cry
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Amazing! I'll try to edit it into the video tomorrow for an even better final product. Thank you so much :D

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Amazing! I'll try to edit it into the video tomorrow for an even better final product. Thank you so much :D

You're welcome!

I'll also be trying to remove the original echoes, such as the one in the Ducky/Sharptooth scene, so you can add echoes to our own voices. :D The only thing I'll probably keep on is Petrie's whistle, unless we have someone else here who's capable of whistling. :opetrie

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We'll leave the original whistle in for now, that can be easily edited out later if necessary :) Can definitely not whistle like that :P

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
 :(petrie Me wish me could whistle. *sigh*

I'm exporting the audio right now. I couldn't quite get all the echoes out of there (as it would have compromised probably the music with abrupt cuts, which I didn't want), but they're relatively faint, so our voices should be able to drown them out.

Petrie's whistle will be intact. Other than that, the entirety of the voice track has been muted.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
This sounds like a cool idea!!! I'd like to try out for Rooter I guess. Not sure how it will work considering I'm on android
Life Is Good

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This sounds like a cool idea!!! I'd like to try out for Rooter I guess. Not sure how it will work considering I'm on android
Awesome! We don't have anyone for Rooter yet so that will be amazing. What device are you working on? :)

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Awesome! We don't have anyone for Rooter yet so that will be amazing. What device are you working on? :)

Samsung

Update: I found a way to do it. Smart Audio recorder app. I tested it and it works just fine
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 02:33:19 PM by chomperrules1993 »
Life Is Good

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Sent in my Topsy audition. :cerahappy

If TAP returns to dub Topps I'd definitely relinquish the role back to him though since he expressed prior interest.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I'm not into voice-over work myself, but I would love to see this when it's done.
:cerahappy

Edit: Although if you guys eventually get around to doing the sequels, I might consider picking up a role.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 03:55:39 AM by StardustSoldier »

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Very cool! Yes I'm very much looking forward to the finished work as well. I'll probably organize a livestream on Discord and put it up on the forum at the same time (if I can find a suitable video host). Once it is done I'm willing to continue with sequels/tv series, the only thing holding me back are the songs haha. Though I guess we can perhaps fill those with GoF singing projects to include more people :)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Oh, I wasn't even thinking about the songs when I said that. Hah, well that could be interesting in its own right.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I admit, I would be extremely curious to hear people here sing the songs as best as they can. It would certainly be quite an experience for sure. :)

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I admit, I would be extremely curious to hear people here sing the songs as best as they can. It would certainly be quite an experience for sure. :)
I'm down for a song lol

Leaping Lizards, it's good to be back! Loving the emoji options, too!   :PAli
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 07:42:27 PM by StrutEggStealer »
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yay you're back! :D Yes we've worked hard to get some nice new emotes up on the forum and on Discord. Looking forward to continue our collaboration on this project with you ^^

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
  • AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB
    • View Profile
Will the people who voice characters in the VO for the 1st movie be reprising roles for future VOs?

Just wondering since me & singing aren't exactly the best mix :lol

And oops...still gotta re-record audition lines  :lol
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

Major kudos to anyone who figures out what that means :)

I will find ways to make sure “lol dino” is in all of my posts :lol

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think we'll decide that when and if it happens, haha. Yes, please show us some of that Littlefoot action :D

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quick request to put some time into this project if you have holidays coming up and have some time to spare! @DarkWolf91 @UnionRags123 @StrutEggStealer @Belmont2500 @The Anonymous Person