Role Play > Land Before Time RPG

The Quest for Telling

(1/7) > >>

Gentle Sharptooth:

There are mysteries in the universe. For most they remain so, and “telling” isn’t allowed. But once in a millennia, there comes a time to tell in order to prevent greater tribulations. One sharptooth in his quest for enlightenment will set in motion events that will effect not only The Great Valley, not only the Mysterious Beyond, but Beyond the Mysterious Beyond...

——————-

Ptergypt

A comet of blue fire skims across the stratosphere like a stone upon the waters. In the moonlight three pointed domes are bathed in the moonlight, their traingular features made of gold bricks and inscribed on the walls runes in blue and carving of pterosaurs. One of the pyramids or pteromiads as they have been called, has a missing tip, and inside a golden light burns bright. Inside the sacred dome is a room with a pool of water in a circle reflecting the starry sky, and instruments of crude wood and stone lay amongst open scrolls on a stone table. Standing in this holy place is a figure with a angular snout and full of sharp banana sized teeth. Its body is red like a ruby and encased in scales of gold that cover the back humo, neckline and form two crests over his eyes. At the chest of this predator is a giant shappire. The decadent dino peered into the pool as the comet passed, he wrote with ink upon his forked claws on the wall, numbers and runic symbols. A Pterosaur of brown complexion entered and bowed. “Master Gnosasaur, I have brought the findings from my journey.” Gnosasaur squinted his topaz eyes into the pool and then to the wall that had a mao with dates, measurements, and longitude and latitude. The Pterosaur took a scroll and laid it on a table of stone. “Do you require anything more Master?” Gnosasaur proceeded to offer no reply, which prompted the Pterosaur to take his leave. Gnosasaur wrote with his ink claw and took an orb balanced on a pillar with his other claw. He then sat the orb in the black pool of water, and siezed the Pterosaur’s scroll, opening it with his dry claw he examined the runic letters. He then turned his head to the heavens and said, “At last, I have found it!”

Goldenwind:
Sierra was amazed. He never seen such structures in his life. The stories he heard about the Forerunners… The stories that were past down from flyer to flyer were true. Sierra knew if he were to find the what he was looking he had to go inside the structures… So he did slowly reluctantly flew to the top… and checked inside… He gasped in awe at what he saw. There was an odd sharptooth surrounded by items that were alien to the power seeking flyer. He seemed to be drawing things with dark liquid on his claws, but what they were, he had no clue. He made sure to stay clear when the other flyer left. Did he just speak Leafeater? Could he be related to the legends, the Rainbow Faces, and the Stone of Cold Fire he was seeking?

Gentle Sharptooth:
Gnosasaur held the scroll between his two claws. He sniffed and noticed the moonlight was partially blocked from flooding the room and pool. Writing on a tablet, he said, “You are in my light Pterosaur.” The words of the sharptooth were directed towards the open roof, to the one he sensed there peering inside.

@Goldenwind

RainbowFaceProtege:
In a peaceful valley, far from the foreboding Pteramids, a group of seven friends were blissfully unaware of the forces that would soon threaten their world. With the stars watching over them, the children's pastime of choice this evening was telling stories by the light of a glowing crack in the earth.

"This story that I heard was one that I heard out in the Mysterious Beyond," Ruby announced. "The story of...the Sky Beings, the mysterious creatures who come down from the stars!" She gestured towards the heavens, pausing to get an initial reaction from her audience.

-------------
Many lightyears away, the vast space station that served as headquarters for the Galactic Agents’ Leading League for Interstellar Missions Impacting the Mysterious Universe of Space (G.A.L.L.I.M.I.M.U.S.) floated silently amid the stars, as peaceful as the agents who, at the moment, slept soundly within it…except for one.

Prizma shot up from her bed with a start. She could feel her heart hammering as she took rapid breaths. Quickly looking around her room, however, she realized she was safe. She was alone, surrounded only by the sleek gleam created by the dim, pulsing ceiling lights as their “night mode” was reflected in the metallic furniture. Everything was quiet, except for the low hum of the AI-powered computer in standby.

Recalling the unsettling dream she’d had, however, Prizma recalled that her dream self had cried out at one point, and a twinge of irritation ran through her where fear had previously been. She hoped she hadn’t actually shouted out loud, though she was certain she probably had. Her tendency to talk in her sleep was something she despised about herself. Usually it was her brother who had the loose lips, but their subconscious selves were just the opposite. Silently cursing herself, she hoped Vega hadn’t heard her through the wall.

Goldenwind:
Sierra shivered in fear… He was frozen for a moment before taking a deep breath. He came this far, he ain't gonna back down now. He glided to the ground. "Greetings… This is the place that was built by my kind for the forerunners isn't it?" He said calmly. Not knowing what the sharptooth will make of him. Based on how he interacted with that other flyer, he might be good help to him.  :evilsmile

Meanwhile… In a canyon that spreads through the Mysterious Beyond, Rinkus, the pink flyer with the fluffy tail rests in a canopy. Cold, lonely and angered by Sierra's betrayal. "Last time I listen to you for anything! Pterano was a waste of my time!" The words rang to him as he recalled how Sierra attacked him in rage for how their venture with Pterano ended up. Rinkus grits his teeth as he grips around his tail, pulling at it in his frusteration. He was angry that he allowed Sierra to leave a scar on his beak as a parting gift… a grim reminder of how weak he is… That does it… He'll find a way to take away that pain… No matter what cost. He will find that ultimate power and then he will be at peace.

Chomper was delighted to hear Ruby's story. Chomper always enjoys the stories she told. Chomper looked up into the stars where Ruby pointed… "Ooo…"

Spike tilted his head, something about what Ruby was saying rang deja vu to the spiketail. Though he can't say where he heard it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version