Role Play > Role Play Discussion

Rules for the RP Discussion Board

<< < (2/2)

LittlefootAndAliTogether:

--- Quote from: Petrie,Dec 15 2007 on  09:54 AM ---
--- Quote ---I have the Head Mod powers, simply to move posts when needed, change titles when requested edit out unnecessarily bad material from posts, and warn trolls before summoning the Admin God's to abolish his/her soul from these premises if such actions are really needed.
--- End quote ---

Admin Gods...that's funny! :lol  Hopefully you'll never need us.
--- End quote ---
Actually, I thought trolls were fed to Sharpteeth by Sierra or thrown off the Great Wall by Ozzie, pursued by Red Claw, Screech, and Thud without mercy,  or worst of all, they are left to feel the wrath of Cera's dad.   :wow  :lol  :lol  

Anyway, how does a RP differ from a fanfiction?  Is this one like a fanfic done with two or more writers?

vonboy:
Naw, All trolls are fed to Chomper. Poor little guy's gotta keep his strength up, ya know! :lol

About an RP, it stand for Role-Play. Everyone get's assigned one or more characters that they play as, taking turns writing out, or 'playing out' a story. It's different from a fanfiction, in that the people doing it usually don't know exactly what is going to happen. They just have to play off of each other, dealing with the situation like the character they're playing as would deal with it. It's a lot of fun.

LittlefootAndAliTogether:

--- Quote from: vonboy,Jan 1 2015 on  02:51 AM --- Naw, All trolls are fed to Chomper. Poor little guy's gotta keep his strength up, ya know! :lol

About an RP, it stand for Role-Play. Everyone get's assigned one or more characters that they play as, taking turns writing out, or 'playing out' a story. It's different from a fanfiction, in that the people doing it usually don't know exactly what is going to happen. They just have to play off of each other, dealing with the situation like the character they're playing as would deal with it. It's a lot of fun.
--- End quote ---
That is what I'd love to do.  That way, I could get a script for a fan fic or a movie and it wouldn't be just me creating it.  I could get more ideas than just my own.

However, can I set boundary lines in it:

i.e.

Chomper isn't allowed to eat the Gang of Five
Ruby mustn't die

things like that?

DarkHououmon:
You probably could, but only in roleplays you start yourself. If you join another, you cannot take over and say "this character mustn't die" or "this character mustn't do this". It would be seen as rude.

Nick22:
only if you start your own rops. if you participate in another rp, you must abide by the rules the creator of that rp sets down. i'm the admin for the rp section so any complaints go to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version