The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A remake could actually happen.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Back to land before time:

I wanna ask: WHAT should happen inside possible LBT remake that you positively accept it after watching?

Because my point is the same: we already have PERFECT story, with unique exciting atmosphere and good graphics/sounds. I don't think anything inside new movie will amaze me so much. Ok, even if it does - I will still know that it is just remake and it can't handle with original.

6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It has it's fair share of faults like the annoying characters and the plot wasn't that good to be honest so Atlantis it's not really a cult Classic at all,

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Actually, Atlantis kinda is a cult classic. It's sold well on DVD and has a devoted fanbase around it. That is the essence of a cult classic.

And again, everything you just said is purely subjective.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
True I did read that back than I might watch it again. So I can see if I still like it

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't really know why it's only a cult classic. I know I'm in a minority here but I really dislike Pixar films. It is against them that I compare films like Atlantis or Brother Bear. They're no masterpieces like Bambi or Secret of NIMH but they're the best this millennium has to offer, at least for me.

To answer Snik's question, remaking Land Before Time successfully is a huge task. First of all, NO composer would be able to best or even match Horner's soundtrack. Any kind of remake would have to strive to its level but it would always be a disappointment. Also, the animation should be close to Bluth's style. If it's computer animated, count me out...

The places for improvement (these are only details) would be voice acting. I personally prefer the cast of Journey of the Brave to the original (especially Petrie) and it would be interesting to see how they would replace the original cast. Perhaps  a remake could focus the world more in detail: I mean that we saw few characters in the film. The cut domehead scene would have been a nice touch. Also, there could have been three or four landmarks along the way to the Valley. That would give the film a longer run time but I don't know if it would get too repetitive...

In the end, I can only come up with minor improvements to the film we have. I cannot see any way anyone would be able to capture its spirit like the original film did.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Pixar is awesome what's your issue with them? They have made tons of very successful Movies like Toy Story 1,2,3 Cars, and others where very big box office hits. Toy Story III Grossed over 1,000,000,000 dollars at the box office. So Pixar is a great company I love them a lot. But not everything they did was good. They made some poor movie like Cars 2 I didn't like at all. Turning it into a spy chance movie it's been done a bunch of times already. So Pixar has some hit and misses in there Libarary.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I know many people love Pixar but I just don't like their artistic style or their plots. I admit that Toy Stories are objectively good as films but they just don't work for me. Bug's Life and Incredibles on the other hand... nope. I admit that I haven't seen their other films.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah okay that's fine if you don't like there there animation style. For me I'm only into those movies for there storyline and there life lessons. And they do have a lot of awesome personal quotes and meaningful messages in them. And plus it's all CGI computer animation and not many people like that kind of animation witch is personally okay if people don't like it.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It would be... akward, to watch Pixar films on traditional animation, though.  :D I'm not sure I'd like that either but the style's my major problem.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Fair enough. As popular as Pixar is, I know they're not everyone's cup of tea. That said, I also disagree with you. That said, I don't like ALL their films. In another discussion on this site, I've already voiced my dislike for the Finding (Insert Name of Fish Here) films. I also don't like Cars. I feel it was a huge step down from The Incredibles, which perfected animating human characters in the computer.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Cars one was amazing it had great acting great storyline and a ton of great heart and soul that teaches respect and other stuff. I loved Finding Nemo a lot one of my favorite Pixar movies. Not to sure about Cars III hopefully it will be a okay movie. Cars II in my book failed it was alright but not awesome as the first one. And I personally like Pixars animation it's bright and colorful.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I know it's not an objectively bad movie. I just don't like it.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Could you guys please finally stop that off-topic movie talk? This is a thread about LBT not Disney/Pixar movies  :bang
Inactive, probably forever.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
btw, Ducky, I would like to see your answer on my question. :)
what in the world should happen that you accept LBT remake.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah okay that's fine that you don't like it. To me It's a fun filled movie with some awesome jokes and humor.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Back to topic:

For me, the requirements for accepting an LBT remake are:
-No pop songs.
-no modern slang.
-Not softening the film's tone.
-Decent child actors as the kids.
-No celebrity voices.
-Fully orchestrated soundtrack. No modern stuff.
-Don Bluth supervising it.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I hardly thihk Bligh will do do he's busy working on Dragon's Lair the movie

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
But as of right now, any possible LBT remakes are not in production. Bluth could presumably be done with Dragon's Lair by then.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
True you're right he could be all finished with that movie but I'd be all for him directing the new remake of one is gonna be made.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
As much as I'd hope, I don't think we'll see another LBT film from Bluth. For now, I'm just hoping that the Dragon's Lair's will be a great film. Even if that's the case, it's unlikely that Universal just calls Bluth and offers him a chance to resurrect the franchise. Nothing's impossible though...   ;)