The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Most heart-wrenching moment?

SpikeTheStegosaur

• Ruby
    • View Profile
The death of Little Foot's mom and his subsequent time of mourning for her. The scene where he was crying in her footprint and the scene where he thought his shadow on the cliff face was she. Very moving.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I just have to vote for the whole movie. The entire thing was moving for me.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I voted on the montage of Littlefoot's adventures with his friends.  That always makes me sad, especially the scene where Cera joins the group and Littlefoot snuggles her :^.^:.  That part always gets me.  Sorry, but I'm totally head-over-heels about how those two became best friends, even all these years later :yes.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
For me, I was forced to pick one, but if I could choose, it would be 2, 3, 5, 8, 9, and 10.  And no less than all of that...  No less, at all...  It all makes me cry, everytime...

EDIT: And I can agree with Cancerian Tiger here; that sleep scene was so...  Sweet...! :cry2
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
The scene when Cera insults Littlefoot's mother. Yes, the scenes listed were plenty heart-wrenching, but they didn't have the, 'zing', so to speak, when you saw the rage Cera's hurtful words envoked in Littlefoot. One part of you knows that Littlefoot is better than that while the other half is egging him on to rip her head off. Very emotional.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
One scene not listed is the one where Cera goes off by herself and cries :cry.  That really hurts, 'cuz she's normally tough as nails.  I think it is more touching to see a tough character cry than a sensitive one :yes  :cry2.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That was a touching scene; yet, I have always interpreted it as crying out of shame, because of pride.  I gathered this idea because of what the narrator said, "Cera was still too proud to admit that, she'd gone the wrong way."  However, it is one of the harder scenes to watch, though, for me personally, not among the hardest.
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
One of the land before time books which I have also suggests more sensitive motives in this scene. It is only a German book (so no chance that someone as important as DonBluth had to check-read it (not that I think that he would be the one to check-read English publications either), but this is the literal translation of what it says:
Only in a save distance Cera slowed down and sadly she let herself drop onto a stone. She heard Littlefoot's calls and broke into tears. Never, she though, would she be able to admit that she had gone the wrong way. She had insulted Littlefoot's mother and scorned his friendship. How could she ever stand before his eyes again?
The passage suggests a mixture of shame (for having gone the wrong way) and more sensitive motives and it sounds quite plausible to me. The humiliation of being fooled by the "tar monster" may have been of surprisingly little importance.
I wonder what Cera's reaction would have been had Littlefoot not been "part" of that "tar monster". We'll never know for certain.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I really didn't cry during the movie at all when I watched it. I still don't :p

However, that one scene with Little Foot running towards his shadow and thinking that it was his mother, that was pretty heart wrenching :cry

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'd have to say several.  When Littlefoot's mom died, as he's morning over her, when he thought his shadow was her and realized it was not.   In 4 when Ducky seems dead (though I guessed they'd not kill off a main character) and the scene is such that it makes Spike speak for the first time.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, those are all good things...  Wow, that was really interesting, Malte.

Loofah

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I had vote for the whole Movie. I mean all of the scenes have something special but all together make this a awesome masterpiece!

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh, I couldn't agree more...

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: NeptuneNavigator2001,May 8 2008 on  02:21 AM
Yeah, those are all good things...  Wow, that was really interesting, Malte.
That was interesting :yes.  It sheds a different light on Cera's reasoning for shunning herself from her friends like that.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,May 8 2008 on  03:18 PM
Quote from: NeptuneNavigator2001,May 8 2008 on  02:21 AM
Yeah, those are all good things...  Wow, that was really interesting, Malte.
That was interesting :yes.  It sheds a different light on Cera's reasoning for shunning herself from her friends like that.
It does indeed.  A very interesting passage and gives new light to Cera.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The picture presented in "The land before time - The illustrated story" is a different one. This is what it says (no translation but English original this time):
"I knew it was you all along!" she said.
Littefoot grinned at her.
"You did?" said Ducky. "But you were screaming so loud."
"I was only acting," Cera shot back. "I wanted those scaly-skins to come come into the cave so I could attack them!"
"Nope, nope, nope," Ducky said shaking her head.
"Oh get out of my way!" Cera yelled. But as she tried to stalk out of the cave, she stuck to the tar monster.
"We really together now!" said Ducky, giggling.
"Yeah, Cera," said Littlefoot. "Now we have to stick together."
And the whole group loughed.
That made Cera madder than ever. Pulling herself free, she cried out, "Oh, shut up. I hate all of you! I don't ever want to see any of you again, ever!"
With that, she stomped out of the cave into the darkness. As she marched away her eyes filled with tears. She really didn't mean what she had said. It was just that her pride had been hurt. She looked around, half expecting them to come after her. But they didn't, and her heart sank a little.
A heavy rain started to fall, washing the tar off Littlefoot and the others. "Let her go," he said. "If she doesn't want to come back, there's nothing we can do." The others sadly had to agree.
Cera does not come across as sad in this text and the offense of Littlefoot's mother doesn't seem to play a role. What struck me as particularly unlikely about this passage is the way Littlefoot let's Cera walk off, as this book tells the version of LBT in which Littlefoot found the Great Valley BEFORE saving Cera, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike. So in this version of the story he not only thought that Cera might go wrong after leaving them but was dead sure that she would because he had already seen the Great Valley but not mentioned it to Cera.
Anyway, I guess I'm getting too much off topic here.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm, not TOO far off-topic, as it does enlighten us more...  ...I don't think I like that version of the story much, though, but, like I said, we're more enlightened because of it.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,May 8 2008 on  02:10 AM
In 4 when Ducky seems dead (though I guessed they'd not kill off a main character) and the scene is such that it makes Spike speak for the first time.
Yeah, that nearly tore me to pieces until I saw she was okay.  Poor thing.  One can't help but feel sorry for the way life's treated Ducky, and yet she's so sweet and loving :^.^:  :yes.

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
I cant pick one just yet. There were a few on the poll list that I found to be heart-wrenching. I know I do cry when his mother dies and he thinks his shadow is her's...I get welled up at the end montage of his life as well...

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,May 8 2008 on  01:34 AM
Only in a save distance Cera slowed down and sadly she let herself drop onto a stone. She heard Littlefoot's calls and broke into tears. Never, she though, would she be able to admit that she had gone the wrong way. She had insulted Littlefoot's mother and scorned his friendship. How could she ever stand before his eyes again?
Since it's only in German, could ya please tell us how they make up later, or is it the same as the movie?