The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Is there anyone in LBT that you would call evil?

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
The real villains are you two for derailing this thread after such an abrupt bump. :P Take it to PMs if you must. :SmugSpike

Apologies. XD

In that case, I guess we're both in agreement now. :)

Poor Littlefoot, what an unfortunate situation to end up in. I kinda wonder what thoughts were running inside the Sharptooth's mind the moment he was hit in the eye with the thorn - albeit by accident because Littlefoot was trying to escape from his pursuer. A normal and rational mind would shake it off and let it go, but not for this guy. I would even say that he wasn't completely open minded before his eye ends up getting injured, making him more enraged. During a hunt, the natural survival instincts probably held mostly dominant over his normal cognitive abilities. So when the Littlefoot accidentally hurt him in the eye, it was most likely taken as some sort of challenge by Sharptooth, and therefore that's how the endless chase for the blood and meat of the Gang started.

Or we could just say that Sharptooth is a very egotistical guy in general and doesn't like his pride to be hurt like that. The more simple explanation of course, but at the same time, not explaining the full scope of possibilities though. :p
And the really, really simplified explanation is revenge. :o

That is a pretty interesting idea.  :thinking It would explain why the gang ran into the "Sharptooth" twice on their travels as well as give him characterization outside of the standard meat eater.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
The Diplodocus herd were the real villains in all this.
:opetrie

Leafevils! Those Diplodocus were in league with Sharptooth! It was all a conspiracy man! *Puts on tin foil hat* :D XD

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile

Leafevils! Those Diplodocus were in league with Sharptooth! It was all a conspiracy man! *Puts on tin foil hat* :D XD

Concrete proof that not all leaf eaters are good. :olittlefoot

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Concrete proof that not all leaf eaters are good. :olittlefoot

Exactly man! The narrator is lying to us, Litflefoot, the dentist, all of em are duping everyone into think leaf eaters are good. Its a leaf lover conspiracy.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Just because they show the sharpteeth in a bad light, doesn't mean that they're the only bad guys this world has to offer. A leaf-eater can be just as brutal and cruel as the carnivores. It's just about showing the perspective of the other side. Often you have to inspect the story from both angles to get the full story. Wouldn't it be a funny plot twist if the sharpteeth suddenly turned good and vice versa? :p

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Just because they show the sharpteeth in a bad light, doesn't mean that they're the only bad guys this world has to offer. A leaf-eater can be just as brutal and cruel as the carnivores. It's just about showing the perspective of the other side. Often you have to inspect the story from both angles to get the full story. Wouldn't it be a funny plot twist if the sharpteeth suddenly turned good and vice versa? :p

Interesting analysis. Sharpteeth may do bad simply in the hunt; they are hardwired to be violent in prusuit of food. But the supposed calm leaf eaters have no such exuse; and if one of them is cruel there is no pleading I was hungry and overstepped. Down with the Leaf Eaters!  :bestsharptooth

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Certainly Ozzy, Rinkus, Sierra, Red claw. I also consider Shorty somewhat evil, even though not so much as the former ones. Shorty was not particularly nice to Littlefoot at first, tried to hurt him, and even when he returns in the series, he still pretends, as he has passed the leader challenge, so he will lead the gang right away, leaves few members of the gang behind, and he does not really act to them as a caring friend, and I do not think, that he is so much reformed.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Itchy and Dil seem evil to me. They can hardly can get along themsleves.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
They can hardly can get along themsleves.
err... Is that why you consider them as "evil"? XD
Littlefoot and Cera argue with each other all the time, but it doesn't make them evil. :P
Half of Earth's population has arguing problems, but majority of them are not evil.

----

Hmm, I little consider Ichy and Dil as pure evil. Because duo's main goal, including stalking gang and threating them through Ichy's speech - everything was about getting food, the main reason. Nature of predators, "nature of nature". They are carnivour force, natural predators (and they teamed up to get prey more easily and get benefits of their characteristics and abilities.).
Only thing that can possibly make them "evil" - they're purposly stalking ONLY the gang after their first encounter. Because their failure to get them first time, getting some small injuires, and becoming fools. This small "revenge" plot is only thing that differs from nature predators' behavior. Kinda reminds me original Sharptotoh a litte, though couple details are different.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
They can hardly can get along themsleves.
err... Is that why you consider them as "evil"? XD
Littlefoot and Cera argue with each other all the time, but it doesn't make them evil. :P
Half of Earth's population has arguing problems, but majority of them are not evil.

----

Hmm, I little consider Ichy and Dil as pure evil. Because duo's main goal, including stalking gang and threating them through Ichy's speech - everything was about getting food, the main reason. Nature of predators, "nature of nature". They are carnivour force, natural predators (and they teamed up to get prey more easily and get benefits of their characteristics and abilities.).
Only thing that can possibly make them "evil" - they're purposly stalking ONLY the gang after their first encounter. Because their failure to get them first time, getting some small injuires, and becoming fools. This small "revenge" plot is only thing that differs from nature predators' behavior. Kinda reminds me original Sharptotoh a litte, though couple details are different.

Fair points. I think what made me see them as evil wasn’t being predators, but that they hated company, even each orher’s company and turned on each other. So in my view their evil nature is they betray one another and destroy their dynamic duo.