The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Character Deaths

Noname · 35 · 3252

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I had a team of dragon-slayers killed. They were first mentioned and killed off in the same post.  :blink:

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Well, that was not very sad as nobody had even a little time to get to know them. So it was almost like the death of a bunch of red-shirt Ensigns (from Star Trek) :angel .
 But it was like omg :blink: .

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, I was rather detailed in how they died. Eaten by dragons, and their bones literally used as toothpicks.  :blink:

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
You know I never thought of killing off Zaine. So far he has not died yet, but it would certainly be interesting if he did die. Maybe dieing to save a certain friend of his, like Longtail? ;)

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't want anyone unnecessarily killing off their characters because I gave them the idea... unless they want to.  :lol

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well I'm not going to randomly kill my character off :D

I'm just thinking it could be an idea for a fanfic or something.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds cool! A meaningful death is a good device to use in fiction, I believe.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well it has happened. Zaine the Longneck has died protecting a friend in Rick's "A New World....." RP. Of course, seeing as there will probably be other rps out there, Zaine will come back, because I hope every single RP will not be cannon to this one :blink:

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yes, it was a very depressing scene. Longtail is currently not taking it well at all, neither is the rest of the herd. But this isn't the last of Zaine. As long as no other RP is in canon with Rick's, then Zaine will be alive.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hehe yeah, Luna feels that she's at fault because of it as well, even though others know that she's not.

But still, why did Zaine have to die!? Why!? :cry

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Guess I'll add all the characters I've killed in my Darwin's Soldiers stories:

Schrodinger's Prisoners:

(Note: None of these characters actually died, as it was a virtual reality simulation, and they all wake up at the end)

Bruce Tinner: Future Dragnostorm scientist (as this is a prequel), and rival of Shelton. He built the virtual reality machine. Gets shot in the arm after his programmed immunity was turned off and later dies from a green wall of death he programmed himself.

He's responsible for the whole story, and his defeat in this story serves as the impetus for Nietzsche's Soldiers.

Compton: One of the soldiers who goes into the virtual reality machine, his discovery of the the origin of the poisonous gas allows the rest of the team to proceed, even though he dies from the gas.

Ridgeway: A soldier who stuck with Shelton for most of the story, he saves Shelton from Zenarchis, but later gets stuck in the air vents and dies of poisonous gas.

Finney: Last soldier, sacrificed himself providing cover fire from the invaders so the rest of the team could proceed.

These three did little more than just shoot stuff, but each of them saves Shelton's life at least once while in the machine.

Biff Carlo: A saboteur who takes over the virtual reality machine while inside it, he turns off Tinner's immunity and later gets killed by gunfire and poisonous gas simultaneously.

Served as a "final boss" after Tinner's death, but otherwise minor

Card of Ten:

Siberys: Part of James' team. Tried to get revenge on King Gamas for everything he's done, but in doing so he betrayed James and was preventing the team from escaping, so James shot him.

First casualty of James' team, the only one to die in the first half of the story

Hawkeye: Stayed behind on Gaman to open the hangar doors and let the rest of the team escape the disintegrating planet. He lived on as the cybernetic part of his mind integrated with the shuttlecraft's computer.

Saved the rest of the team from dying on Gaman.

Vic and Kagetora: Stayed behind in anti-Pelvanida to keep the bridge open for the rest of the team, and presumably died of radiation.

Allowed the rest of the team to get home.

Everybody on Gaman: When the rebels attempted to take back the planet from Jacade, leader of the Sapaar, he activated a series of controlled explosions to weaken the planet's crust and cause the planet to break up. Only a few shuttlecrafts escaped; most of the planet's population perished.

Ship of State will chronicle the fates of the remaining survivors in the shuttle crafts

Nietzche's Soldiers:

Alpha, Beta, and Gamma: Dragonstorm commandos. Tried to hunt down Shelton, Kerzach, and Eddie. Eddie killed Gamma with a mop handle, Kerzach sniped Beta from a distance, and both worked together to finish off Alpha.

Each one was like a "mini-boss" before the trio reached Tinner

Dr. Tinner: Reappearing from Schrodinger's Prisoners, this time Tinner has adapted his virtual reality machine to hide Dragonstorm from the outside world. Kerzach shoots him in the chest three times at the end of the story.

Again, served as primary antagonist, and completed his character arc started in Schrodinger.

Eddie McKay: Assistant to Dr. Tinner, he betrayed Dragonstorm to help Shelton and Kerzach destroy the virtual reality machine. Programmed the virtual reality machine to blow up, with him inside it.

Responsible for the destruction of the virtual reality machine, and also showed that not everyone in Dragonstorm supports what the scientists are doing.

Pavlov's Checkmate:

Ricky Warden: Rogue Pelvanida night guard, kidnapped surviving team mates from Card of Ten, traveled to 1990, and used the Einstein-Rosen bridge to start a smuggling operation. Killed in a knife fight by James, who went back in time to stop him.

Primary antagonist, but otherwise non-notable.

Lockdown: Surviving team mate from Card of Ten, he made it back to Earth but was killed by Ricky when Shelton and Hans refused to repair the bridge.

Only mentioned in dialogue, no importance on story.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Oh, I should mention the dead people from Fools Gold

Unnamed worker - Hyena - stabbed to death by Dr. Kerzach after she tried to kill him with a fire ax. Her coworker escaped with serious injuries after Dr. Kerzach slashed him with his claws.

These two served as the "boss" to the freight yard control tower

Jake Sachs - Red Fox - strangled by Paul Gamay after he corners Dr. Kerzach and is is about to shoot him. He eventually joins up with him in his mission.

Direct threat to Dr. Kerzach and basically served as a "creeping threat"

Unnamed security room officers (2) - female Beaver, male Human - fatally shot by Paul after they ambush and try to kill the two.

"Boss" of the security room. And symbolizes the retaking of the refinery

Jackson - Human - the "gunner" of Dragonstorm truck #71. Fatally shot by Paul as he looked under the disabled pickup truck.

"Mini-boss" before final battle.

Lu - Giant Panda - the driver of Dragonstorm truck #71. Fatally shot by Dr. Kerzach with his own weapon.

"Final boss"

Paul Gamay - Anaconda - former Pelvanida sublevel guard, now laborer at Rara Terra Smelting's Arizona refinery complex. Saved Dr. Kerzach's life by killing Jake. He held down Lu even as he was being beaten with a rock and Dr. Kerzach used Lu's gun to shoot through him at his orders, killing them both.

Secondary character in the story. Main ally to Dr. Kerzach. Death closes the climax of the story.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Let's see here...

Dante dies once in Sharpteeth Adventures by landing wrong and being impaled in the chest, and Kai dies from exhaustion.

Both are brought back, though.

Kagetora seemed to die in Darwins Soldiers (Original), but actually escaped death by means currently unknown.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I has some deaths as it is:

Mainly in Darwin's Soldiers actually.

Trinity dies from being killed by Aimee for starters.

Kain dies from destroying his own lab....at the order of Aimee, using his mind control chip sort of thing.

Marcus dies from being shot and killed by Jayden.

Icarus dies from being shot and falling off the catwalks.

Rhino dies from being gunned down by a few of the team members.