The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Position of your recycle bin

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
currently, they are moving forward without the capability to run current programs with windows vienna, but they've gotta think of something.  No one is gonna accept the thousands of dollars worth of programs they have wiped out just cuz Microsoft wants to make more money on an operating system. :rolleyes: Let me explain.  DOS uses some crap like a 16bit kernel or something to run it's programs.  Windows xp and vista have 32 and 64bit kernels.  How do you run a dos game in windows xp and vista?  Simple.  You just have to go to the start menu, click run, and then type in cmd and press enter.  You can run DOS programs from there.  This is something called an operating system shell.  You're not really running DOS, but more like an emulation of it.  In essence, you're running a 16bit externel kernel in a 32 or 64 bit operating system, allowing you to run your older programs even though your current OS is not 16 bit.  I believe something similar is going to happen with windows vienna, but they don't have it yet and they may not until after it's release.  Older programs will be a big pain to run in vienna no matter what they do, so don't go buy them now. <_<

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
For certain games it may be needed to do a dual boot or have another hdd with an older os to play the games on.  If the new os will have a problem playing the older games, or using certain older programs one really prefers.  A hassle but windows seems to be like that.

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
*bumps thread and brings it back on topic*

I've got mine in the upper-left corner, and it's like this in most of my OS's (and I run several, actually)

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
My recycle bin is located on the upper left corner of my desktop, as it was by default. Below is an attachment of how it looks like.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Four tiles down from the top-left corner of my laptop.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile