The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The new MSN 2011...

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I really don't like the new interface. It's all so unfamiliar to me. And they've removed the ability to use screen names, forcing you to use your real name as your screen name. So now I have to change my real name on my Windows Live profile just to get the name that I wanna use. Really annoying. Oh, and you can't use special characters on that either. <_<

Seriously guys, if you'd still like to have screen names on MSN, I suggest NOT to update your MSN to the new one. It's terrible, and I regret having mine updated. -_-

Microsoft, I am disappoint.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I know. I hate the new version of msn, then again I hate the 'old' version as well. I still think it is dumb they forced us to upgrade, and if they force us to upgrade once again I'm gonna ditch the program. It stinks.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Mumbling,Oct 30 2010 on  01:05 PM
I know. I hate the new version of msn, then again I hate the 'old' version as well. I still think it is dumb they forced us to upgrade, and if they force us to upgrade once again I'm gonna ditch the program. It stinks.
Perhaps you can use an MSN clone like aMSN or a client that can connect to multiple messengers like Pidgin or Trillian.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah I might. I didn't like Pidgin so much last time I tried it, but perhaps Trillian works :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Oct 30 2010 on  06:05 PM
I still think it is dumb they forced us to upgrade, and if they force us to upgrade once again I'm gonna ditch the program.
What do you mean by "forced"? I mean, I'm still chatting happily on the 2009 version.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Clawandfang,Oct 30 2010 on  09:54 PM
Quote from: Mumbling,Oct 30 2010 on  06:05 PM
I still think it is dumb they forced us to upgrade, and if they force us to upgrade once again I'm gonna ditch the program.
What do you mean by "forced"? I mean, I'm still chatting happily on the 2009 version.
Forced to upgrade to 2009. I was never happy with how the 2009 version looked like (or some functions of it.. dumb photosharing), and rather stayed with MSN 8 if I could have. But at a certain time microsoft made people with an older version than 2009 unable to log in.

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Ah, right. I'm largely happy with 2009s GUI to be honest. I remember feeling some loss for folder sync or whatever it was called, but aside from that I felt it was alright (never a user of anything more advanced than messages and file sending, so any changes beyond that will have gone largely over my head).

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I use Pidgin myself, though it does have some annoying elements.  Been using it for a few years or so since msn got to where I found it better to switch.