The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Solo

Nimrod · 13 · 1633

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Hi,

I have a question. What is about solo songs? Can I sing also some LBT songs alone?

This question is for action:

Mayby you have got still the backgroung music of the old LBT songs? Than you can send it to me and I sing to the music.

It would be very kind of you.

Mfg Nimrod

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sure! B)

By special request, I'm willing to make a solo version of any of our songs.  The singer may choose whether they want the song posted up publically on the forum or sent privately by email.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Aug 5 2007 on  08:49 AM
Sure! B)

By special request, I'm willing to make a solo version of any of our songs.  The singer may choose whether they want the song posted up publically on the forum or sent privately by email.
Very nice, I¥m happy to hear this. But I¥m not sure which song I want to sing. All the songs are very nice. But which songs interest me very much are (kids like us and lone dinosaur). If it is okey, you can send me the background music per email. Thank¥s a lot. ;)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I've done it a couple of times on my own....they're posted somewhere in this mess. :p  Realistically, its good to know if you need to re-record yourself, and the best way to check is to put your voice to the music and see if they harmonize well.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Aug 5 2007 on  05:37 PM
I've done it a couple of times on my own....they're posted somewhere in this mess. :p  Realistically, its good to know if you need to re-record yourself, and the best way to check is to put your voice to the music and see if they harmonize well.
I know it, I have done it very often with these songs.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
But which songs interest me very much are (kids like us and lone dinosaur). If it is okey, you can send me the background music per email. Thank¥s a lot.
I don't have background music for Kids Like Us.  "Lone Dinosaur"'s background music, along with all of the songs I do have background music for, can be downloaded here:
http://www.4shared.com/dir/3255352/e3cc567/LBT.html
Open the "Songs" folder and the background music as well as our completed songs are within easy reach. :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I've tried to do this myself, but vocal extraction is horrible.  That's all I know how to do with audio.  Can you make a universal soundtrack to each of the songs so anyone can sing to them Action?  That'd be awesome beyond belief! :yes  :D

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
See my above post:
the background music I have can be downloaded here:
http://www.4shared.com/dir/3255352/e3cc567/LBT.html

It's probably the "universal soundtrack" you speak of, correct?
I understand you want all of the songs but I"m afraid somebody would have to pay me in order for that to happen anytime soon :lol .  That's Months of tedious work working part-time at it.  I'll slowly plug away at it but no promises on release dates.  I have other things to look at, too :p
Full-time effort would require a full-time paycheck to make up for the fact that I couldn't have a regular job and finish these songs quickly LOL :p

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Hehe.  Understandable.  I didn't know it was that hard.  I know nothing of audio though, so I believe you. :P:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I didn't know it was that hard.
There's a reason nobody has done it yet :p It's An insane amount of work LOL :lol

To give you an idea of the complexity of the task, let's try something:
Listen to any LBT song...say, Big Water (LBT 5).

When it starts off, what do you hear?
First of all, how fast is the song, Exactly?  How many beats per minute?
What is the time signature of the song?
What key is the song in?
Drums, obviously.  What kind of drums?  How loud are they?
Some sort of guitar playing the lead part.  What kind of guitar?  How am I going to reproduce that sound using the tools I have?  What notes is it playing?
Wait, there's more.  There's a bass guitar in there, too.  How loud is it?  Hwo much is the low-end of the bass Equalized up?  Is it bass-biased?  Is it bright? is it plucked soft or hard?  What notes is it playing?  What rhythm?

Next, we have some cool guitar strumming effect....wait a minute, the pitch of the guitar Bends over this time!  Where are the bends, what is the frequency of this oscillation?  How Much does the pitch bend?

There is more than a simple drum beat on the drum set. Cymbals are in there every so often, too.

And that's an Easy one!  There aren't many instruments....for the first 8 seconds :p  Then there's the Rest of the song?

Let's try another one: "Family" from LBT 8:

Simple start...for the 1st second or so...or is it?
How fast is the song?
Count the time signature, it doesn't start on beat 1!  Wait, now we have to offset the first note so the rest of the song fits the time signature!
Now what do we hear?  An electric piano on the melody...and the electric piano on bass, don't miss that!
 At 2 seconds, a flute comes in with a side melody. How loud is it?  Where is it panned in the stereo image (slightly to the right channel).
At 5.7 seconds an english horn (or similar instrument) comes in biased on the left channel.  How loud is it?  Does it fade in, fade out?  Is the volume of every note the same on every instrument?  No, it isn't!
What notes are all of these instruments playing?

Fast-forward to 0:36 and all sorts of new stuff starts happening!  Strings, bass guitar, clarinet (did you catch the clarinet? :p).  The electric piano is still playing too.  When do they play?  How loud, stereo pannning, expression, etc.

It gets even uglier at 1:07!
Percussion comes in, guitars, flutes, oboes, bassoon, woodblocks, other percussion effects.  What notes are they playing, when do they play, what volume, what playing style, are they playing loud-style or soft-style, or moderate style?  Where in the stereo image are they?  Also, you can't just have one "layer" for each instrument when programming the audio file.  One needs multiple layers to reproduce the multiple kinds of expressions on each instrument to make it sound more realistic.

Nothing easy about it :p LOL

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Aug 5 2007 on  11:44 PM
There's a reason nobody has done it yet :p It's An insane amount of work LOL :lol

What key is the song in?
Some sort of guitar playing the lead part.  What kind of guitar?  How am I going to reproduce that sound using the tools I have?  What notes is it playing?
Wait, there's more.  There's a bass guitar in there, too.  How loud is it?  Hwo much is the low-end of the bass Equalized up?  Is it bass-biased?  Is it bright? is it plucked soft or hard?  What notes is it playing?  What rhythm?

Next, we have some cool guitar strumming effect....wait a minute, the pitch of the guitar Bends over this time!  Where are the bends, what is the frequency of this oscillation?  How Much does the pitch bend?

There is more than a simple drum beat on the drum set. Cymbals are in there every so often, too.

And that's an Easy one!  There aren't many instruments....for the first 8 seconds :p  Then there's the Rest of the song?

How fast is the song?
Count the time signature, it doesn't start on beat 1!  Wait, now we have to offset the first note so the rest of the song fits the time signature!
Now what do we hear?  An electric piano on the melody...and the electric piano on bass, don't miss that!
 At 2 seconds, a flute comes in with a side melody. How loud is it?  Where is it panned in the stereo image (slightly to the right channel).
At 5.7 seconds an english horn (or similar instrument) comes in biased on the left channel.  How loud is it?  Does it fade in, fade out?  Is the volume of every note the same on every instrument?  No, it isn't!

Fast-forward to 0:36 and all sorts of new stuff starts happening!  Strings, bass guitar, clarinet (did you catch the clarinet? :p).  The electric piano is still playing too.  When do they play?  How loud, stereo pannning, expression, etc.

Percussion comes in, guitars, flutes, oboes, bassoon, woodblocks, other percussion effects.  What notes are they playing, when do they play, what volume, what playing style, are they playing loud-style or soft-style, or moderate style?  Where in the stereo image are they?  Also, you can't just have one "layer" for each instrument when programming the audio file.  One needs multiple layers to reproduce the multiple kinds of expressions on each instrument to make it sound more realistic.

Well, I know, that is not easy. But I have an idea. You¥ve got a page with your songs. And there is only the backgroung music, too. So I could listen to it. And record my voice. After that, I send it you. I think, the problem is, do you have the background music any more.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nimrod,Aug 6 2007 on  12:40 AM

What key is the song in?

How fast is the song?

Well, I know, that is not easy. But I have an idea. You¥ve got a page with your songs. And there is only the backgroung music, too. So I could listen to it. And record my voice. After that, I send it you. I think, the problem is, do you have the background music any more.
Oh sry, I only read the last post, so I haven¥t read that you said that with the background music.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nimrod,Aug 6 2007 on  12:42 AM
Quote from: Nimrod,Aug 6 2007 on  12:40 AM

What key is the song in?

How fast is the song?

Oh sry, I only read the last post, so I haven¥t read that you said that with the background music.
 Here is the link for the song No one has to be alone, singing by me.

http://download.yousendit.com/977AC9FA6ADC06D8

I¥m sorry, because that¥s only my voice without the background music. That means, too, that there alre two breaks in the song. :(