The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Most Intreging Movie Ever!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
At long last, I have finally gotten to watch LBT 7!

I must say, this one was the most intreging movie of all.  However, this is not to say that it was the best movie, but the storyline was good enough to keep me interested to the end.

What's more intreging though, is the way I got this movie.  I got it at a Walmart that I kinda begged my mom to go to. (She needed to get a tombstone for our recently dead puppy.  I needed to go there for competition purposes.) Anyways, as I looked in the Entertainment department, I found a DVD that had Dinah and Dana on the front cover.  On the bottom, it said, "2 Mysteries Beyond the Great Valley." Which meant it was 2 LBT movies on one DVD.  I turn it over to find out what's on it, and to my complete shock it had Secret of Saurus Rock and Stone of Cold Fire.  The two I had left to get for my collection.  I bought it for $12.32. (That's after minusing a discount and what was leftover on my Christmas Shopping Card from over $15.)

To me, what makes this the most intreging storyline ever, is Pterano.  At the beginning, it is made to show that Pterano is the villian.  However, later on, Sierra is the more likely villian of the story. (What irony betryal can be.) Rinkus just seems more to be Sierra's flunky.

What really made it intreging though, were the supported hints between Ducky and Petrie.  I believe more than ever to be a love connection between the two.  I believe the hints in this one to be the strongest of them all.

Another intreging thing is the way Pterano looks.  To me, he looks like a grown up Petrie!  If I didn't know any better, I'd say Pterano is Petrie's father.

Now, one would ask what I thought about the Rainbow Faces.  Well, I pictured them differently that's for sure.  They looked like a real dinosaur.  However, they held secrets about what they called "Beyond the Mysterious Beyond." The secrets of course, were things the LBT dinosaurs were not meant to know.  Also, the way different fanfic authors said they disappeared, was not what I thought.  I thought they had vanished in a FLASH of light, not in a PILLAR of light.  With this information, I'd say that they were aliens from another planet.  I hardly find a problem with this.  If life on other planets can exist now, why couldn't it exist over 65 million years ago?  I don't have a problem with them, and I don't plan to have one with them in the future.  They are intreging, and I plan to accept them as something worthy to be in LBT, regardless of what certian mods around here may think. :p

Now, the songs! :)

The songs of LBT 7 were the most intreging of all.  This is not to say they were the best of them all. :p (In fact, I find the ones in LBT 6 to be better.)

In order of best to worst from LBT 7, my vote goes for "Good Inside", "Beyond the Mysterios Beyond" and "Very Important Creature".

Now, this is not to say that Very Imortant Creature was bad.  It was rather good, but not the best.  It did explain what Pterano was like.  I can highly agree with anyone who says that.

Now, forgive me, as I need to stop my reviews on these songs.  I'm having trouble remembering them as the songs from LBT 6 are shrouding my mind. (Espcially Bad Luck.  That one just had an addictive rythem.) :lol: I guess that's what I get for watching a better movie before a worse one.

In conclusion, if I had to give out awards for LBT movies, LBT 7: The Stone of Cold Fire, would be given the Most Intreging Movie Award.  I feel that it really deserves it. :)

Okay, people.  Take it away. :^.^:

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Heh and I thought that I was the only one who thought this :lol:

I especially liked the fact that Pterano turned out to be "good-hearted" especially when Ducky fell down the hole or when Sierra dropped her. How he never wanted to "harm" her in any way. I guess everybody does have good inside :lol:

I really liked the fact though of how they portrayed the "Stone of Cold Fire". How they thought it had powers when it really was just a big blue rock after all. It's even interesting how they named it the "Stone of Cold Fire", being cold and on fire, like it was some magical force. Who knows, maybe that was actually the way the rainbow faces came down to Earth if they really are aliens from another planet since they just suddenly appeared after it had fallen :lol:

As far as the love connection goes, that is definitely possible. I can't really make any accurate points here as I haven't seen the movie in a while. I do know what you mean though.

About the music, I must admit it had some great tunes :D. I can't really remember "Very Important Creature" but I certainly remember "Good Inside" and "Beyond the Mysterious Beyond". "Beyond the Mysterious Beyond" would be my favorite :P:

LBT 6 had EXCELLENT music. Some of my favorite tunes including "Legend of the Lone Dinosaur" and "When you're on your own" :D

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
About the music, I must admit it had some great tunes . I can't really remember "Very Important Creature" but I certainly remember "Good Inside" and "Beyond the Mysterious Beyond". "Beyond the Mysterious Beyond" would be my favorite

I agree completely; "Beyond the Mysterious Beyond" is one of my favorite LBT songs.  The music is very nice to listen to, it fits the mysterious theme of the movie, just as much of the background music does throughout the film.  Actually, much of the music in this film was fairly well-done.

It's even interesting how they named it the "Stone of Cold Fire", being cold and on fire, like it was some magical force. Who knows, maybe that was actually the way the rainbow faces came down to Earth if they really are aliens from another planet since they just suddenly appeared after it had fallen

I actually have to disagree, since the Farwalkers state that the Rainbowfaces "joined up with us some time ago," making me think that they were with the herd Before the Stone of Cold Fire flew across the sky.  

I did like the mystery of the film very much, though the first time I watched it, I couldn't help but wonder why such an "intelligent" adult creature (Pterano) would believe such a story that a stone could grant wishes and perform miracles.  It was probably partly wishful thinking that he could summon his "greater power" to gain leadership over the herd...it was all a little vague.  Besides, being the leader of a herd, what real Power does one have, anyway?  It's not like nowadays where one can control an army to take over countries.  I never really understood Pterano's incentive for wanting to be in charge.  What would he do with a herd under his command?  All I can figure, is that he wanted the glory of ruling over the "most beautiful, fertile land in the world; the Great Valley!"

Though that doesn't fully explain why he would have tried to take over control of the herd Before they ever arrived at the Valley.  He obviously didn't know where he was going.  And why didn't Pterano know "the way" to the Great Valley, as so many other adults did?  Pterano must have either taken a dangerous shortcut, or been unclear as to the appropriate direction.  

And this is assuming he was even Trying to lead his herd to the Great Valley.  We don't even know That for sure.  Then the question is, where would Pterano lead a herd, and why?

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
since the Farwalkers state that the Rainbowfaces "joined up with us some time ago,"
Heh, doh! :slap yea that pretty much depletes that theory. My bad :lol:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Intriguing? Eh?

The rock was a dud, rendering the whole "Rainbow Faces" being these all-knowing beings from a another world coming here to stop a horrible cataclysm from happening useless. And I found Pterano's whole part in all of this rather unconvincing.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
To be honest, of any of the sequels, 7 was the worst-animated one, bar none.  That's the kind of stuff you see on Saturday morning cartoons...I don't know who drew them, but nothing was consistent at all in that film.  An absolute mess.

The shining point, might have been, like action said, the Mysterious Beyond song that played during the end credits to spice things up a bit, but aside from that, I never cared for it.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I watched it again, and now I can continue properally with my review.

Now, where did I leave off?  Oh, yes!  The songs! :)

Now, I tend to like the lyrics in "Good Inside" the best, but "Beyond the Mysterious Beyond" holds a flow that makes it easier to memorize it than the other two.  So, chances are that I shall be able to memorize "Beyond the Mysterious Beyond" before the other two.

I hardly cared about the animation.  In fact, I hardly care about animation itself, period! :D

I have given all that I want to really talk about it.  So, I guess this is the end of my review.

In conclusion, I find it to be the most intreging film of all, and I will continue to enjoy it for many more viewings to come. :^.^:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My cousin and me watched LBT 7 together, and here's what she said after the scene where Rinkus & Sierra first appeared.

My cousin: The flyers scary!

Me: The flyers villians!

My cousin: Boooooo!!!

:lol

Still, I'm wondering why a certian mod hasn't posted about this yet.  He's usually given his opinion every time I give a review. :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
They are intreging, and I plan to accept them as something worthy to be in LBT, regardless of what certian mods around here may think.
Just whom might you have been thinking off?  :p
LBT 7 was the first LBT movie ever that left me with a split mind about it. LBT 7 certainly had some really good ideas about it many of which can be sumarized by the name Pterano.
He was really something new in LBT, bringing in characteristics we hadn't had so far. His being a relative of Petrie adds another highly interesting aspect to the story. It is Pterano's character, his craving for recognition, his "reveries", and a certain loss of reality that make him go after that stone. With the exception of the healing powers I don't suppose many of the dinosaurs would care about those stone's powers at all. Had there been actual proven powers to a stone in the story I would have strongly disapproved of that. I really don't consider that kind of magic stuff to fit into LBT. Some may have been disappointed about the stone turning out as just that (a stone). It also left us without any explanation on why that flying rock looked different to Littlefoot than any other flying rock he had seen before. The stone was kept as mysterious as Saurus Rock (we never learned for sure if there was any substance to the legend and everybody could deceide for him or herself) which I consider a good thing.
There are some smaller flaws in the realism (apart from not explaining why that rock looked different) which I find annoying but tolerable. For example Cera was told about Pterano's wrongdoings before, but she just forgot about it (how could she forget something of such importance?), the carelessness of the flyers who talked about their most secret plans right among the other dinosaurs not wasting a thought on the possibility that any of them might still be awake, the flyers apparent inability to reach Threehorn Peak before the kids, and the whole fuss of the grownups about what must have looked to them like a longneck kid having a bad dream about a flying rock. "Upset? That's putting it mildly!" as that Spiketail said. Why would it upset anyone at all? Anyway, as I said, I could live with those.
Not so for the Rainbowfaces' departure. There was no reason at all for that out of place column of light. LBT is not Star Track. They could have easily kept the Rainbowfaces as mysterious as Doc. They could have even been kept out with a few changes. I don't say that keeping them out entirely would have been a good thing, for they were interesting characters and their way of acting too was something new in LBT. If only they wouldn't have enforced their being aliens from outer space the way they did.
As for the animation I wasn't too happy with it altogether. The 3D effects in the first minutes came across really extremely "synthetic". It just didn't fit into the picture as you could tell immediately that it was from the computer. They didn't have similar misuse of 3D animation during the movie itself, yet green lava is something very hard to digest as far as I am concerned (what on earth is keeping them from coloring it in proper lava colors?).
As for the music, I like "Beyond the Mysterious Beyond" for both melody and lyrics. "Very important creature" is a song I appreciate for the illuminating effect it had on the nature of Pterano. That song really explained a lot about him and it didn't sound to bad. "Good inside" sounded a bit too cheesy for me. Maybe I'm biased because the German translation was even more clumsy (while translations of the other songs were quite good), but also in general I think it would have required more serious lines to deal with the topic of the song.
Another intreging thing is the way Pterano looks. To me, he looks like a grown up Petrie! If I didn't know any better, I'd say Pterano is Petrie's father.
Thing is that all the grownups would look very much alike. Throughout the whole series (exclude the original movie) you will find very, very few grownup members of Littlefoot's, Cera's, Ducky's, or Petrie's species other than their parents / grandparents. There is a huge variety of different grownup longnecks, threehorns, and hadrosaurs but they are all of different kinds than the maincharacters. I suppose this is to avoid confusions. They made clear in the story that Pterano is not Petrie's father but his uncle. In the German version Petrie's mother refers to Pterano as a "cousin". Personally that seemed quite proper to me as her acting towards him wasn't quite that of a sister, even of a sister of an infamous brother.
What really made it intreging though, were the supported hints between Ducky and Petrie. I believe more than ever to be a love connection between the two. I believe the hints in this one to be the strongest of them all.
I don't see that. There is that scene of course where Ducky comforts Petrie about his uncle and also the one in which she decides to talk to Petrie that night in which she is caught by the flyers. Nevertheless I think all this fits well to Ducky's friendly and gentle nature. You often interpret things to indicate love relationships between characters. Personally I don't think there is anything between them but the love that exists between really very good friends.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well Malte, I will admit that I am quite the fan of romance.  So much in fact, that nearly all my stories hold that as the main genre. (The second is Tragedy.  Let's just say I'm alot like Shakesphere.)

Also, the thing with Ducky is that it's hard to tell whether it is out of love or friendship that she does such nice things.  However, according to my studies of the series, Ducky seems to be closest to her feelings with Petrie.  Was it not her who was the saddest when Petrie was nearly killed in the original movie?  And at that time, they were "just friends."

High fans of Romance can indeed tell you where hints are more than anyone else.  However, some are such hyper fans, that they forget about charcter and not understand whether it is love or nature that makes the charcter do love like hints.

Ducky is the most difficult of all.  I'd say even an expert can mistake mere friendship for love.

Though indeed, it might be her nature, but it could've also been love.  It's just hard to tell. :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ducky is the most difficult of all. I'd say even an expert can mistake mere friendship for love.

I used to have an old female friend who was just as hard to read, if not harder, when it came to this very topic.  This trait exists in some people, as well as our friend Ducky.  I honestly believe that Ducky's feelings are no more than a close friendship, with anyone in the Gang.

Nevertheless I think all this fits well to Ducky's friendly and gentle nature. You often interpret things to indicate love relationships between characters.

I think you stated this rather well, Malte.  This topic reminds me very much of my old friend, whom I mentioned.  Based on my experiences with her, and based on the events in the films, I fail to see any strong evidence that there is a true Love relationship between Ducky and Petrie.  Ducky is known to be physically close to everyone in the Gang;
Riding on Cera's or Littlefoot's back LBT 5 and 7 respectively.
Hugging Petrie in LBT 7
Hugging Littlefoot near the beginning of LBT 4.
Sleeping next to or on top of Spike in various scenes

The claim that she is closer to Petrie is probably most brought on by the fact that they are similar sizes.  This simply makes it easier for them to ride together, for example, to talk together, to give each other a hug, etc.  With the rest of the gang being of such large proportion in comparison, Ducky must feel more at home with someone closer to her size.  As a result, she has formed a good bond with Petrie.  This bond is still very similar to the bond she has with the rest of the gang, and any differences are probably largely due to the fact that they have size as a way to relate to each other.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, some fans of love believe that true love can only exist in charcters that are around or exactly the same size.  This however just proves that some people don't know anything about love.  They forget that some people hold a "height disability" and end up with ones that are taller than them, and things work out VERY well, regardless of the major height difference.

Anyways, it seems we've concluded that Ducky to Petrie is most likely mere friendship.  I guess we won't know for sure unless such a term is spoken upon in the series. (Maybe they could get into a certian situation that involves that and get teased by their friends.)

Now, what about Petrie to Ducky.  Let's explore that one for a bit. :)