The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

fan-fiction idea

812558 · 11 · 1423

• Spike
    • View Profile
in light of my reading this work, i was wondering if it would cause any trouble for me to adapt it to LBT terms, and if anyone would agree to help me out with this.

this would not be in cannon with any of the movies or series before it. just a reenactment for the pleasure of doing so

crazedwriter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://crazedwriter.lbbhost.com/index.html
Sounds really interesting and I'd love to read it when it's done. :smile

Adapting a classic to LBT or any other modern movie or TV show can be daunting. I did an adaptation of Carmen using Disney's Dinosaur as inspiration. I used Kron in the Escamillo role, used Eema and Bruton as secondaries, but had original characters as the other principals.  BTW, I had toyed with doing a LBT Canterbury Tales using LBT X as inspiration but I scrapped it (for now) since I'm swamped with work and home stuff.  Then there was that StarWars version of The Odyssey...  :blink:

Maybe you could invent your own characters for the principles but generously use LBT regulars throughout. Maybe Thicknose can stand in for the Friar. He seems the sort. :lol: One question: Will it end like R&J?

• Spike
    • View Profile
probably, unless i can think of a way to squeeze out on that.

BTW does anyone have any suggestions on who should play juliet

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So you'd have Littlefoot and Ali as Romeo and Juliet.. Actually, If you have it as a roleplay, I'd sure you'd get volunteers..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Spike
    • View Profile
i may need help on some of the others then, such as capulette
 thought of this in insomnia last night and crasly chose cera as juliet (NO! this was not going to be Littlefoot+Cera II)

and with that then, here are the charicters that i had picked out last night in a disturbed sleep

Littlefoot --- Romeo
Cera --- Juliet
Chomper&Petrie ---- Mercutio & Benvolio
Rhett ----- Tybalt
thicknose ----- friar lawrence
mama swimmer ---- nurse

so all i need are a few more sugestions for juliet and someone for prince and i have all of the major players

and for the part of the chorus i was thinking ruby

Edit: Just realized, since it probably wont be very convincing having grandpa and grandma feuding with someone, this might be a excuse to bring littlefoots mother back into the equation. after all, it is entirely out of cannon

• Spike
    • View Profile
after much thought, thinking all family relations through i have come up with a nearly complete cast list with only 2 positions needed to be filled

Cast List

Capulets
Cera --------------- Juliet
Threehorn ---------- Capulet
Tria --------------- Lady Capulet
Rhett -------------- Tybalt
Mama Swimmer ------- Nurse
Hyp --------------------- Sampson
Nod --------------------- Gregory

Montagues
Littlefoot --------- Romeo
Bron --------------- Montague
Littlefoots Mother - Lady Montague
Benvolio ----------- Petrie

Assorted Cast
Roslyn ------------- Ali
Thicknose ---------- Friar Lawrence
Chorous ------------ Ruby
Apothricary -------- Rainbowface

Royal Family
Prince ------------- ??????????
Paris -------------- ??????????
Mercutio ----------- Chomper

what do you think

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I could see how this would work. It could be very interesting.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Sorry but this is just too weird for me.  Why not create your own tragic love story and make that into a fanfiction instead of taking an age-old story and plugging in characters that just don't make sense for the setting and time of the original story?  I'm all for the idea of a tragic love LBT fanfiction, but putting LBT characters into a story that features exclusively humans and takes place hundreds of years ago is just....it just won't work.  In order to make this a really good story, you'll have to come up with your own plot and storyline.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I guess I'm just not quite seeing the point but no worries, I'm not really a fanfic guy so I probably just don't get it. :p

• Spike
    • View Profile
i have been racking my brain all day thinking about who should plat the prince. any ideas.

• Spike
    • View Profile
probably going to be putting this one back in my ming for a story i just got started with during my down time from finals called REVENGE