The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rainbowfaces RP “The Quest for Telling”

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

I had an idea for an RP that features the Rainbowfaces as the protagonists. They are guardians of the great mysteries, and a sharptooth named Gnosasaur seeks to capture them and make them share the secrets of universe so that he may gorge hinself on their knowledge and rule all.

I was thinking the Gang of Five could be playable, as well as Ruby and Chomper. Pterano, Grandpa Lomgneck, Mr. Threehorn, and etc. 

I want to be Gnosasaur. :D
Proncounced “Knowsasaur” and inspired by greek word for knowledge which is gnosis. Unlike most sharpteeth who are concerned with feeding or territory, Gonsasaur wants to dominate with knowledge, perverting wisdom as a means of puffing himself up.
I envision him as Jafar type from Disney’s original “Aladdin” (animated), Pterano like, and Darth Nihilus in Star Wars (in regards to his thirst for knowledge).

I need to confess I got the idea while playing the Ban Game eith @RainbowFaceProtege and @Little Bro; I was pretending to want to take the secrets of the universe and then I thiught this is fun, what a great RP idea! 

Anyone Interested?

@RainbowFaceProtege
@Little Bro
@Goldenwind

I am still committed to Yellowbellies RP, but this one will be quite different enough to do it too if you all want. :)

Let me know what you think.

———————————————-

Cast of Characters

Female Rainbowface -RainbowFaceProtege
Male Rainbowface -Little Bro
Gnosasaur -Gentle Sharptooth
Chomper and Spike-Goldenwind
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 06:09:46 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
This sounds very interesting @Gentle Sharptooth ! This be quite the RP adventure!  :chompysmile I am in if it get's going!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Huzzah! Goldenwind!

Now there are two! :)

Don’t worry I am dedicated to the Yellowbelly RP too. :)

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I'll take the boy Rainbow Face, unless anyone objects. Just tell me if anyone of you guys want him.
Go Chomper!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Welcome Little Bro! I have no objection. :)

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Love this idea!! :Mo You guys know I'm in!! :rainbowwave

I could be the other Rainbow Face, or if someone else wants to use her (since I already stole her in the Yellowbellies RP :p) I might put an OC Rainbow Face in there somewhere. I'm pretty flexible! I'd be happy to take a character from the Gang, too!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

I could be the other Rainbow Face, or if someone else wants to use her (since I already stole her in the Yellowbellies RP :p) I might put an OC Rainbow Face in there somewhere. I'm pretty flexible! I'd be happy to take a character from the Gang, too!

You can have the Female Rainbowface, any member of Gang you’d like and if you want to make a character. :)

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
This RP will allow for some major defying physics at times, and will include some mysterious womders. :)

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

You can have the Female Rainbowface, any member of Gang you’d like and if you want to make a character. :)

Awesome! :D Hey, let me know if you guys want to call dibs on any members of the Gang before I choose one of them.

This RP will allow for some major defying physics at times, and will include some mysterious womders. :)

I'm loving the sound of this more and more... :DD I'll be thinking about stuff we maybe could add to this!

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I know I am calling dibs on Chomper. He is best sharptooth! :chompysmile Might also pick Spike if it's alright.  :^^spike

I know you said the Gang of Five could be playable, but how about other chars? Like RedClaw and the fastbiters, the parents of the Great Valley and such?

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I know I am calling dibs on Chomper. He is best sharptooth! :chompysmile Might also pick Spike if it's alright.  :^^spike

I know you said the Gang of Five could be playable, but how about other chars? Like RedClaw and the fastbiters, the parents of the Great Valley and such?

Chomper is yours!  :chompysmile

Other characters are fine, if anyone wants to be Chomper’s parents, Grandpa Longneck or etc. I myself aim to just be Gnosasaur this time around. :)

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
@Goldenwind I thought this was the best sharptooth. :bestsharptooth :lol
Go Chomper!

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I envision in this RP we will be using LBT physics, but then we are going to defy those physics because of the Rainbowfaces and their powers. This is gonna be in the Great Valley, Mysterious Beyond, and Beyond the Mysterious Beyond! We will have dinos in space, but no need for space suites, we will see mysteries and supernatural happenings. Its gonna be quite the ride!

Let me know when each of you are ready:

@Goldenwind
@RainbowFaceProtege
@Little Bro

:rainbowwave

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I envision in this RP we will be using LBT physics, but then we are going to defy those physics because of the Rainbowfaces and their powers. This is gonna be in the Great Valley, Mysterious Beyond, and Beyond the Mysterious Beyond! We will have dinos in space, but no need for space suites, we will see mysteries and supernatural happenings. Its gonna be quite the ride!
I'm really loving this idea, it's such a cool concept! :duckyhappy But...

Let me know when each of you are ready:

@Goldenwind
@RainbowFaceProtege
@Little Bro

:rainbowwave

Wait, what? :rhett_shocked Sorry, I'm not there yet. I think it would be a good idea to get some kind of plan down first. We can't just jump in, start writing random stuff, and expect to create a coherent story. I've tried to do just that with fanfiction before, and it results in the kind of mess that's only desirable in a crack RP (which I'm thinking wasn't what you were intending for this). :p I mean, I only had to spend a few minutes exploring the Role Play board in order to find an RP that exemplifies the amount of discussion necessary before even getting started: Sudden Change of Species 2.0.

For starters, we need to know what brings the Rainbow Faces back to Earth. I'm definitely open to suggestions, but an idea I had (that I've also been considering for fanfiction) is that certain monuments within the dinosaur world, such as Threehorn Peak and Saurus Rock, didn't occur naturally but were actually built by some mysterious intelligent species. (Possibly other alien species that once visited Earth? Or maybe ancient ancestors of the Rainbow Face species, like they evolved from normal dinosaurs but left the planet once they became advanced enough, leaving the areas they once inhabited to be reclaimed by nature?) I haven't yet thought of what purpose these structures would have actually served, but there could be something about them that attracts meteorites made of some kind of volatile matter--this is why the "Stone of Cold Fire" landed on top of Threehorn Peak in LBT VII. This time, though, a new stone lands on top of Saurus Rock, so the Rainbow Faces have to come investigate. I dunno, let me know what you think or what kind of ideas you guys have.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege I am glad you want to develop a concerete story! I like a combo of your two ideas, one is that ancestors of Rainbowfaces built the monuments like Saurus Rock before advancing and leaving the planet. I would add that the monuments like Threehorn Peak contain artifacts of the Forerunners (you can help make a name for them) inside them. Gnosasaur (antagonist) has started collecting these relics, and is tampering with technology/relics and that alerts the Rainbowfsces to return because certain objects like Teeth from Saurus Rock csn cause great devastation.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 07:26:12 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I love your ideas, especially since they could explain how Saurus Rock become an object of superstition. "Forerunners" would be a good name for the ancestors, too. :D

@Goldenwind @Little Bro let us know what you guys think about any of this!

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
They sound very interesting indeed.  :olittlefoot A lot can happen with this RP. The gang messing with alien technology and learning to use some to combat sharpteeth till Gnosasaur is taken care off. Maybe Gnosasuar can have a accomplice like Sierra, a flyer who is searching absolute power. It be also a interesting idea if other aliens get involve too if it's fine (I give thumbs up to random crossovers) XD

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Huzzah! :)

Some Backstory on Gnosasaur:

Gnoasaur’s motivation is that when he was child like Chomper he was told, “Sharpteeth have one purpose to hunt,” but he thirsted to know things. He rubbed up against his peers who said “Sharpteeth are suppose to be savage, and stupid.” But Gnosasaur said “The sharp in sharptooth means bright or smart.” Gnosasaur’s parents hoped his eccentric nature would change when he grew up, but one night he saw a comet in sky and his love for astronomy and mysteries hatched. When Gnosasaur grew older, he left his pack of Concavenators (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concavenator), ans went to Egypt to study under Philos the Velociraptor, who taught him about the Forerunners and spoke of their descendants, the Rainbowfaces. Gnosasaur devoured knowledge like most sharpteeth ate meat, but it came at a price.. the ridiculing words of his parents and peers made him bitter which with gnosis became pride. Soon Gnosasaur began exploring dangerious secrets hidden in the Pteromiads. His master Philos urged him to end his quest for the relics of the Forerunners, but the thirst for knowledge could not be quenched. Gnosasaur would hunt down the artifacts of the Forerunners and divine their secrets at any cost.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 08:13:27 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I like this idea, we could show the creation of the best things in the Valley, like the treesweet tree.
Go Chomper!