The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hey guys!

Anyone thinking of or currently playing Final Fantasy XIV? I just landed it on PS3 myself and I'm looking for anyone who's willing to buddy up. It's currently swamped under the weight of new players (as any new MMO would be I suppose) and as it turned out, all the European and N. American servers are full. I haven't dedicated my character to a server yet but I'm willing. Apparently, for the time being, once you are linked to a "world" (i.e. server) you are locked in and can't jump to another one.

Now, I'm new to the world of MMORPGs (I've never touched WoW or Starcraft or anything even remotely like it) so this is a step in the dark for me. I figured, I'm a fan of Final Fantasy and I've been too chicken to jump into something as widely established as WoW so A Realm Reborn seemed to be the logical opportunity to dive in.

I thought, if there is enough of a buzz, this page could be used to communicate as we play but obviously that is purely dependent on if anyone is actually playing the game.

So, if anyone's already immersed in the realm of Eorzea, feel free to drop your convos, tips, advice etc. here. ;)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Nope. In general, outside of free indie titles, I usually have no use for online gaming.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm new to the whole MMORPGs too and would love to play this game as well as play with another member of the Gang Of Five but sadly I was going to get this for PC this Christmas. The only game I be getting for the Playstation 3 this year will be Grand Theft Auto V. :cry

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
FF14 is cross play Mr Wonk! So PS3 and PC players actually play together! So, maybe sometime in the future we might get a game on! ;)

But yeah, I think GTA5 is pretty much gonna close down the console community for a while when it hits shelves (T-minus under 4 hours over here for midnight release). So, who knows...

Gotta say though, as a first timer to MMORPGs, loving it! :D

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Sep 16 2013 on  02:12 PM
FF14 is cross play Mr Wonk! So PS3 and PC players actually play together! So, maybe sometime in the future we might get a game on! ;)

But yeah, I think GTA5 is pretty much gonna close down the console community for a while when it hits shelves (T-minus under 4 hours over here for midnight release). So, who knows...

Gotta say though, as a first timer to MMORPGs, loving it! :D
Wow I never knew! This should be amazing, now I'm really looking forward in getting it! But as much as I've been enjoying Grand Theft Auto V my stomach bug is killing the mood. Every hour I need to do my....busy if you know what I mean. It sucks and I have collage tomorrow and it's stopping me enjoying the game. But on the plus side I have only three days of collage and one of them half a day long.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I just found the weirdest bug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsj0FoIJwMk

A quest object spawns on a completely different map. Even weirder, it's an insanely easy quest, nobody would have any reason to leave the room without completing, much less halfway across the planet. I think I'm probably the first person to ever find this, though I haven't the foggiest why it happens