The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Disscusion

dinorawr · 145 · 10014

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Ok. i want to start a rpg where there is a fire. my last one went horrible, so this time im going to ask for input before just starting one. Would anyone even like to be a part of it, or is it a dumb topic??

[align=center]Characters Taken
Ecco (OC)
Twilight (OC)
Longtail (OC)
Cayso (OC)
Ruby (Series Character)
Chomper (Series Character)
Mim (OC)
Zaine (OC)
Petrie (Series Character)
Ducky (Series Character)
[/align]

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I would be interested.  Starting a discussion is a good idea since you can state your idea and others can ask your questions.

Some that some folks need to know is is it pure land before time, meaning no powers, magic, knowledge of magic, nor anything else allowed, or is it ok for the characters to have magic, powers, ect ?

Is it set between certain movies, or a rough sort of time like after the movies during the tv series some time?

Are certain main fc's allowed or not allowed, like Chomper, Ruby?

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
1) i'd like for it to be a strict LBT roleplay
2) well, i'm not sure when it falls in, just anywhere I guess.
3) Anyone is allowed, be it a real character or OC, and I don't really care if you play more than one person...however many you think you can handle really.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I like the idea, and especially the fact it will be strict lbt with no magic ect.  

As folks claim the various feature characters you may want to edit your first post to add in which characters are taken.   I'd say no need to list any not taken since that'll be just more for folks to look through to see if their favorite character is taken or not.  I'll think it over and see what a few more say they want before I say any feature characters I may want.

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Also, I think that i'll give just a quick rundown of the plot i had in mine:

1. The thundering falls stop, the grownups have seen this before and are aware of what to expect.
2. There is a fire.
3. The grown-ups know that they will have to travel into the MB if they ever want the GV to return to a livable state.

Of course, we'll need sharpteeth. Also, if people want to be the children or their OC children, then by all means do it. Of course the children will sneak into the MB...
I am open to critisicm and suggestions. The RP does not have to follow this exact plot.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No need to follow the exact plot.  It is similar to stuff from some movies.  One of the two places some the adults may think to go to is either the place where they spent the winter till the snow melted at the end of movie 8, the big freeze, and at the end of 5 when they spent the time in the place near the great water till the great valley was able to regrow.

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
sure, those are great ideas,...anymore?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I like the plot.  No reason the Great Valley can't have something like that happen to it.  It could happen from time to time.  And it sounds like there'd be no magic, super powers, psionics, but  just pure LBT, which sounds great to me.  

Any time you had in mind, between certain movies? Before or after Ruby and Chomper got to the Great Valley?

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
i guess after, just so that people could choose them as characters.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Does anyone want to sign up as a character...or suggest anything else?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
When did you want to start this?  We could just start it and see how things go.  Did you want to rp one of the 7 gang members, an adult, or one of each?

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
well, i tried before (without a discussion) but people only went there and replied to say something about my sentence structure or something.

Well, I had a OC that I was going to use, I was just going to leave the gang open to all who'd rather play as them and of course other OC's are welcome.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've rped as most of the gang members, except for Cera, only very briefly did Ruby.  I have 2 oc's so I could use Mim, and perhaps rp Littlefoot unless someone else wants to.    The ones I enjoy doing a lot, and do the best I think, are Ducky and Petrie, but I"ll let others pick those first.

Did you have a rough idea when you wanted to get started?  

No reason after a week or however long you wanted to wait that it could not get started anyway.

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I'll have no problem with starting it right away, just I want to make sure people will reply, no need to start up another failing topic.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Up to you, you can start it quick, or wait a bit to see what others think.  Though others may come in after it's started.  I also see no reason why an rp can't have a few folks rping in it if they are all having fun.    In fact if you are new to gming or running an rp thread having a small rp for your first few ones may be better then having one with 9 or 12 folks rping in it.

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
yea but right now it's just two people, still think I should start it?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Up to you, but I think why not.  Who do you plan on running, as far as feature and original characters?

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
I am in :) . I guess I¥ll take my character Ecco.