The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Lion King

Kit12 · 114 · 10182

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Jun 5 2011 on  04:26 PM
so you should edit your last post. you don't kill those who are meeting with the king, it simply isn't done..
I think it's alittle too late for that.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
very well, just don't do it again..its bad form..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks for that Rocky. Really, if Damon kept up this jerkishness, it doesn't matter how much you try to say "his past was tragic." It wouldn't matter.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i can remove that part from your last posts, and then remove the next few posts..its called a retcon..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Jun 5 2011 on  08:31 PM
i can remove that part from your last posts, and then remove the next few posts..its called a retcon..
with due respect Nick22, it's not retcon, it's called an abuse of power.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
its not an abuse of power when it serves the purpose of the rp.  your character had already eaten a number of birds, killing the last, in the manner you did, was not necessary. however i don't retcon a post unless i think it necessary..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Just remember Rocky, if you do intend to make Damon sympathetic-tone down his attitude.

A tragic back story really doesn't make up for bad behavior of that magnitude imo.

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Just just tragic Brek, Traumatic as well. Damon's past is going to be revealed starting now.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
And it's not going to overtake the plot, correct?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
alright i'm going to edit out the part rocky where damon decapitated the bird in front of simba. you have to learn to tone things down. i'm going to leave the rest of the post in place, but i want you to understand. in the movies, no one harms anyone who is consulting or complaining to the king. they are under his protection while he is taking to them. no amount of tragedy is going to compensate for damon being an irredeemable jerk. he is a cub, and one who has been newly adopted, in the hierachy he is low in the pecking order. you are going to have to limit his snide comments and arrogant behavior, it not becoming of a cub his age..  in addition you should leave things open in your posts so others can comment and use what you have written. having lots of things happen in your posts leaves little room for the rest of us to work with.. so for example if lots of things are happening to damon  while he is off by himself, that leaves little for our characters to do, unless they see what is going on. thispplies to other rps you are in as well. have only one or two things happen to him, rather than 5 or 6..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nick, Shere Khan from jungle cubs is about the same age as Damon, and is a jerk. The only reason we never saw him follow through with his acts was because the censerswould of killed the show. Besides, this is an RP, not the movies.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
rocky, you didn't address any of the points i made, and besides all that i have never seen jungle cubs. khan is ultimately the villian, hes going to be a jerk when hes an adult so himbeing a jerk as a cub is not surprising. its expected,really.Your character is not the villian of the rp, so the comparison is not valid. ultimately we are trying to be as faithful to the films as possible, with some allowances made for characters (like Kopa) who were not in either of the films. However i have seen you did make changes to your post, so there is no more need to do anything with that post, and i will edit my posts accordingly.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
He acts like a jerk to hide his pain, but I could retcon Damon's character into a moody depressed troubled cub is much less of a jerk.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
just have him open up to kopa, after all kopa is going to be the one with the most say in the life starting shortly in the story, well apart from Vitani of course, since she is raising him..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, but I doubt he'll be as receptive to Vitani, you know the whole not wanting to replace mom thing kids typically do. Maybe Kopa could be a confidaint and positive father figure to Damon. But here are some Idea's I toyed with not focusing on Damon but involve him in a suporting role.

Makaila was bethrothed to a slightly older cub by her birth pride, and that cub's pride comes to collect Makaila. The question?: will Simba and the pride save her from being taken againist her will, or the bigger question is: CAN they even do anything.

Someone is hunting the hunting parties of Simba's Pride, can the Pride survive Leo the Pride killer, or will Simba and Kopa's Pride be doomed like other prides before Leo's evil.

Love is in the air as Timon and Pumbaa find themselves bitten by the love bug when they meet a female warthog and meerkat duo much like them, and they need help, can everyone's favorite Hakuna Mattata duo find true love?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
some interesting ideas but lets hear what brek and Kit have to say about that..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The Timon and Pumbaa idea is kind of interesting....

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
An idea I thought of myself for this:

What if Nuka survived his injuries from the logs, and shortly after LK 2 Rafiki found him and rescued him. He would be secretly helped back to health, as Rafiki is doing his best to have Nuka let go of his grudges, which he is gradually doing.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sure, that would be a nice surprise. Kovu and Vitani find out their brother is still alive..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: