The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

DarkWolf's Fanart Thread

DarkWolf91 · 427 · 64191

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
I should have said this ages ago :angel

Great work again DW! Another interesting angle which I think you've totally got spot on and the expressions and shadows of each of the characters are very meaningful in the context. Very nice work again DW.  ^^spike
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Quote from: The Lone Dragon,Aug 16 2016 on  09:07 PM
I should have said this ages ago :angel

Great work again DW! Another interesting angle which I think you've totally got spot on and the expressions and shadows of each of the characters are very meaningful in the context. Very nice work again DW.  ^^spike
Heheh, I've been quite busy myself :smile

Thank you! I had a lot of fun working on it, and the angle was an interesting one to try to get right :yes

Vincent

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Wish I'd come across this earlier, but those pics of the Seven Hunters are really something!  :DD

The Ruby (Ponder) & Chomper (Path) one in particular really stands out to me.  Something about how it captures the mood of the situation so well, Ruby's fear, Chomper's fury.  It really works.  ^_^

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes yes they're I enjoyed looking at them. They where very well made.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wish I'd come across this earlier, but those pics of the Seven Hunters are really something!  :DD

The Ruby (Ponder) & Chomper (Path) one in particular really stands out to me.  Something about how it captures the mood of the situation so well, Ruby's fear, Chomper's fury.  It really works.  ^_^

Thank you, Vincent! I must have missed this comment before :D

Here's the first post in a long while, a drawing that Rhombus commissioned ages ago... Philosotaunt! Or Rhombus' character Taunt as the Philosoraptor, for anyone who does not immediately recognize the meme :lol
I tried to keep the same low-detail style as the original. This was quite fun to work on :D

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm very happy to see a new picture from you! The drawing might not be too complex but it is nice to finally see a picture about Taunt. The picture fits Rhombus' description pretty well and his expression if very thoughtful.  :) It took a few moments to realize the joke as I haven't actually seen the meme before. In any case, nice work! :yes

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Ha! I love his expression! It's like he is going to plot something sneaky!

Nice drawing of the raptor meme!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, the drawing is simple but it gets the point across I think  :DD Glad to see you back!
Inactive, probably forever.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
:lol

good!

I'm very happy to see a new picture from you! The drawing might not be too complex but it is nice to finally see a picture about Taunt. The picture fits Rhombus' description pretty well and his expression if very thoughtful. :) It took a few moments to realize the joke as I haven't actually seen the meme before. In any case, nice work! :yes

Thank you! Hopefully I'll be posting more in the near future :smile

Ha! I love his expression! It's like he is going to plot something sneaky!

Nice drawing of the raptor meme!

Heheh, I imagine he is :lol
Thanks! It was very fun to draw :)

Yeah, the drawing is simple but it gets the point across I think  :DD Glad to see you back!

Thank you! It's good to be back :yes

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just want to reiterate what I said in my PM to you, and that is that this perfectly captures Taunt's personality.  :yes One can almost see Cera off panel rolling her eyes at the insufferable fastbiter as he provokes her in the way that only Taunt can. You did an excellent job as always.  :)

By the way, are you considering posting this to the fanart caption me section?  I am quite curious what memes people can come up with using this piece of art.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: rhombus,Dec 30 2016 on  09:06 PM
I just want to reiterate what I said in my PM to you, and that is that this perfectly captures Taunt's personality.  :yes One can almost see Cera off panel rolling her eyes at the insufferable fastbiter as he provokes her in the way that only Taunt can. You did an excellent job as always.  :)

By the way, are you considering posting this to the fanart caption me section?  I am quite curious what memes people can come up with using this piece of art.
Much thanks!

I hadn't thought of that, but I definitely will! I don't frequent the caption section too often, so I had almost forgotten about it :lol

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Another (very late) commission for Rhombus of Taunt and Cera's first meeting. Was quite challenging, but I think I am improving at background painting... slowly :lol

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thank you once more for creating this wonderful work.  I must say that you have certainly risen to the challenge and the final product is a gift to behold.  As for my comments on the merits of the work, I will repeat what I said in my PM:

This is absolutely beautiful. :)  Thank you very much for creating this commission. I think you have captured both of these beloved characters were well. Cera's annoyance shines through as does Taunt's usual brand of humorous taunting. The background completes the overalll mood of the image, though she and Taunt are separated by some space one also sees no grass between them, indicating that the barriers between them are minimal. I don't know if that was intentional, but it adds a whole other level of meaning to the piece.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Daaaaaaaang, this is great!  :lol: Their expressions are spot on and their gestures quite clear. Wonderful job! ^^spike

And I am only now reminded that only the Gang of Seven have feathers, silly me :p
Inactive, probably forever.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Excellent job!  This really nails the scene, with the accurate expressions and outstanding level of detail. I just love how you've managed to make Cera look feathery all over and not only her head and back. The background works well, fitting into the picture of the Mysterious Beyond. I'd say this is very close to being your best work! I'm glad to see that your drawings continue to improve!  :yes

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
oh my gosh!
This is just beautiful.

And Cera's look is... well.... very unrecognizable and recognizable at the same time. If you understand what I mean... :D

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That's very awesome great job with the picture the colors where awesome and amazing. The best picture you made ever.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you guys very much for the kind comments! As always, I wish I could post more often, but life gets in the way. Here is a quick one for the fanart prompt challenge, the prompt being a "favorite character." I could have drawn Shorty again, but I draw him too much :p
Mo is another one of my favorites, as one of the few bilingual characters appearing in LBT. I always loved LBT IX, and I think they handled the theme of cultural misunderstanding pretty well... a lot better than they did with the yellowbellies, anyway :lol
Kind of generic, but it was relaxing to paint it :D

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile