The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Flathead770's Fanart

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
 :GuidoAAAAAHHHHHH

:wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub

Holy Liz's cow! Colors are beautiful. Environment and background are good. And despite some spilled ketchup here and couple not-harm bruses (doesn't know context of this scene), characters look so adorable and perfectly-drawn so I can't break eye contact!

Definitelly one of your best, if not the best, drawings of yours, Flathead! Bravo!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 02:52:13 PM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
I'll say it before and I'll say it again. This pic is bloody marvelous and not just literally but figuratively as well.

The pic has captured the emotional scene perfectly just by the expressions of the characters as they finally are able to understand and forgive each other and move on. It is so satisfying and emotional to me. The background desert is done very well with the signs of their Sura and Striker's struggle visible in the sand and the scratches on their bodies.

I still see the blood as a little to light but it doesn't take anything away, it is very obvious that Sura and Striker are both hurt and the scars on Sura's body including her neck only remind those who have read the story of the previous run ins those two have had with each other.

Striker is also a little on the light side but it it but a minor thought, he really comes into his own here and while he may look a little like Taunt there is just something in his expression that is undeniably Striker. Apart from those tiny nitpicks in colouring, Sura and Striker are drawn perfectly and I have to say that Chomper is drawn perfectly here as the mediator and interpreter for their conversation and he looks so satisfied to see them sort out their differences.

Words can hardly describe how much I love this pic. You have really outdone yourself, very impressive for your first commission and it is almost perfect in every way. I look forward to seeing more of your work.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is a marvelous drawing, Flathead! Your light colouring definitely works great for these desert-type backgrounds!

As for everything else, I'm afraid TLD already said everything there is to be said. You can be proud of this one man  :ChomperPOG
Inactive, probably forever.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks guys! Glad to finally finish this one!  :rhett_smile

@Sneak
Yeah a lot of ketchup packages were spilled and Sura and Striker are agreeing on cleaning it up  :PCera

@The Lone Dragon (I don't know how to ping your name as it has a space in it haha [Oh, it still worked, cool!])
I'm glad that I managed to fully meet/exceed expectations!

@Ducky123
I am proud. It's been awhile since I've committed fully to a completely coloured page, the first for this year in fact.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
This is amazing, Flathead!! The poses and facial expressions display so much emotion, and the colors and shading are perfection!! I really can't praise this enough, how long did it take?

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks Rainbow! I'm not sure how long it took as I worked on it every now and then over the month of July, though I spent some time before that skething out various poses to see what worked. I would say that it was at least 15 hours but could easily be more then that as well.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is great stuff, Flarthead! Loving the colors you used and the blending of the "blood". I don't know the scene but the characters look very expressive. Job well done, I'd say :)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks!
I almost didn't even see you say Flarthead there  :OhYou  :PCera

Yeah it's pretty deep into TLD's fanfic so that's fair.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I've read Swimmer Trials to this section and I must say the scene is captured astoundingly well. The scope is very big, the spiny backgrounds, bloody wounds, footprints, and desert, and the reconciliation pose Sura gives Striker sells the scene between swimmer and fast biter. :duckyhappy
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks Owls!

Speaking of Owls, I have another surprise for everyone. This time it's a commission from Owls involving a lot of swimmers and flyers  :PCera

They are all OCs created by various members. Here's the list of them:

Left Flyer: Pearlwing (DiddyKF1's OC)
Middle Flyer: Valaria (Rhombus' OC)
Right Flyer: Gryphon (OwlsCantRead's OC)

Left Swimmer: Diver (The Lone Dragon's OC)
Middle Swimmer: Oxbow (OwlsCantRead's OC)
Right Swimmer: Echo (The Lone Dragon's OC)

Hopefully I didn't screw anyone's OC up :p

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ohh this is very cool! I'm not really familiar with most of the OC's, but I think their character traits are quite visible in this picture. Nice job :D

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Awesome, as always, Flathead!

Valaria totally looks like Petrie's mom who looks at her son after another of his dangerous travels ... Or is it Petrie's mom herself?
And Oxbow looks so cute here! ^^
6/14
0/26

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
These are adorable OCs! Awesome job on bringing them to life!  :MommaSmile

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I don't think Flathead made it clear, but the swimmers and flyers in this piece are specifically Petrie and Ducky's siblings in different continuities, more specifically the favorite of their headcanon creations. So in this case, I went around asking, and Valaria is Rhombus', Pearlwing is Diddy's, etc.

Valaria totally looks like Petrie's mom who looks at her son after another of his dangerous travels ... Or is it Petrie's mom herself?
I believe Rhombus actually pitched forward that Valaria looks a lot like her mom (think the flyers at the end of LBT1), so yeah. :P

Well, what can I say? I really like this piece. I like how everyone came out, but I admit I am biased for Oxbow's "pls help me" look. Aside from that, I like the angling where everyone ends up in a nice circle of sorts. Great job on the piece, Flathead! You really brought everyone's swimmers and flyers to life! :duckyhappy
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I absolutely love this drawing, Flathead.  :)littlefoot You really have captured Valaria's appearance in this drawing as I imagined her as looking a lot like her mother, albeit with a bit more sass from time to time.  :PCera

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone! I'm glad that it came out decent in the end and that people are satisfied with it. Always a bit of a scare when you have to draw another person's OC

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Don't be afraid to draw your vision of OC if there's no any original source pictures of some characters. :D
It's not just like some sharptooth bites off your head if your interpretation of their character won't please them. Right? :D
...right?..
6/14
0/26

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You never know  :bestsharptooth I mainly just don't want to disappoint the person on the other end.

Alright, got a quick drawing done for the prompt: Draw a book cover

Didn't have much time since I was working on those commissions so I figured I'd do a cover for my Brootie comic seeing as how one could argue that it's fanfiction now  :PCera

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Well drawn!

Fastbiter looks like he is pointing at his teammate and saying to Brootie "I did not hurt this child! I swear! It was him!" XD
6/14
0/26

Stardisk

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Stardisk's strange digital corner
Fantastic quality!
I wish I could draw in traditional technique as good as you.
Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation

View my art project Internet Before Time (last update was 2020/11/18!)

Discussion of LBT games for PS1