The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart by Mumbling

Mumbling · 528 · 58197

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Wow, nicely done! Great work. How long did this take you?

I especially love how the photograph on the wall is an actual movie screenshot. There's just something funny about that. :p

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I second what people have already said. It really is a fantastic piece, Mumbling! It also fits into time of the year perfectly. However, I have to agree with Sovereign with Ducky and Littlefoot's faces looking a bit weird, but other than that, well done! :D

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A sweet drawing indeed, Mumbling! The scene is drawn very well and the Christmasy feeling is more than clear. While I know Cera's pose has been adapted from an actual screenshot, she still looks excellent! The other characters have been drawn quite nicely too but Ducky and Littlefoot's face look a bit weird. But overall, that's a great picture!

Aye, I often use screenshots to determine the character's poses and Cera is just... hard! But I'm happy with how she came out. Completely agree on the faces of Littlefoot and Ducky, though I have no idea on how to improve them (this is what happens when I start drawing freely, lol).

Wow, nicely done! Great work. How long did this take you?

I especially love how the photograph on the wall is an actual movie screenshot. There's just something funny about that. :p

This took me quite a while to be fair. I'd say drawing everything on paper took about 3,5 hours and digitizing it plus adding all the quirks took about 5-6 hours. Most likely the longest I've spent on a piece so far. I really like the photograph screenshot as well, haha.

Thanks everyone!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 02:11:10 AM by Mumbling »

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I like the bold and striking colors used in this piece, it really gives it that warm Christmas card feel. :Mo Probably the beige backdrop helped with it.

I do agree with what the others say about Spike, Petrie, and Cera looking the best (their poses and expressions of glee are all great :duckyhappy), but overall it's a solid piece nevertheless. I really like the choice of gifts and the juxtaposition of the picture in the top-right.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You didn't even say anything on the discord, evil! :P

Wow, that was a pleasant surprise to wake up to :DD The present ideas are really cute and the poses work too! Really nice job, Iris! :)littlefoot
Inactive, probably forever.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks you two! I'm on a roll, actually got the Jan/Feb prompt done!

Villains off-duty: Sharptooth just had a lovely meal. What is he going to do in his time off? (Other villains also welcome)

I took it quite literally and let Sharptooth enjoy his lovely meal. In the spa.

See the entire sculpture here:
https://giphy.com/gifs/J4sA5X66VFlX4qncfc

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Now this is a brilliantly made sculpture and the theme is rather interesting as a result. I'd like to imagine that this is how the Sharptooth really would have acted upon catching his meal for the day and enjoying it to the brim. The little added details in the sculpture are truly proof that this must have been one tough case to work on, but the reward is most definitely worth the effort as I've already stated that it looks absolutely fantastic. I feel like people who have unlimited amounts of patience and dedication could do this sort of a thing. Though, I did find it interesting that he doesn't appear to have any eyes. Perhaps he is merely savoring the moment? :p Regardless, well done, Mumbling!

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
da hell? XD He likes mud baths too? He need to hang out with Tria, Cera, Ruby and Spike. XD
Wonderful!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Now this is a brilliantly made sculpture and the theme is rather interesting as a result. I'd like to imagine that this is how the Sharptooth really would have acted upon catching his meal for the day and enjoying it to the brim. The little added details in the sculpture are truly proof that this must have been one tough case to work on, but the reward is most definitely worth the effort as I've already stated that it looks absolutely fantastic. I feel like people who have unlimited amounts of patience and dedication could do this sort of a thing. Though, I did find it interesting that he doesn't appear to have any eyes. Perhaps he is merely savoring the moment? :p Regardless, well done, Mumbling!

He has eyes! But he was quite shocked when I took his photo, so he decided to close them instead :D He is indeed savoring the moment with his eyes closed ;)

Thanks guys!

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sculpted really well! The mud structure looks really dope, and I like the striking sharptooth colors! :)
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Very good. For some reason I didn't know you were into sculpting, but it makes for a unique submission. Is sculpting something you've done a lot of in the past?

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This is so cool! It's great to see another sculpture from you as it's certainly a unique entry into the prompt! Awesome job!  :chompysmile

One thing though, you gotta stop submitting these so fast. You're making the rest of us look bad  :PCera

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sculpted really well! The mud structure looks really dope, and I like the striking sharptooth colors! :)

Thank you!

Very good. For some reason I didn't know you were into sculpting, but it makes for a unique submission. Is sculpting something you've done a lot of in the past?

You didn't know for a good reason! I actually haven't really sculpted anything for the past 3 or 4 years. I figured this particular idea might be easier to realize in 3D than on paper, so I went ahead with it. I started sculpting in 2010 and I think I made roughly 70 sculptures over the years, most of them really small and without a 'surrounding'. This is one of the biggest sculptures I made, since I finally realized you can put way more detail into it if I stop being so frugal :P

that eye...
it's scream of his soul...
:lol indeed

This is so cool! It's great to see another sculpture from you as it's certainly a unique entry into the prompt! Awesome job!  :chompysmile

One thing though, you gotta stop submitting these so fast. You're making the rest of us look bad  :PCera
Thanks! It's nice to work with another medium again :)

But that is my evil plan! It is the year of villains after all  :evilsmile

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
He has eyes! But he was quite shocked when I took his photo, so he decided to close them instead.

Leave it to the Sharptooth to be afraid of taking pictures. Ironic. :p

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
One more for Sharptooth month! I've decided to start a series this year (we'll see if I can see it all the way through) called:

What if Tickles were there?

I'm gonna pose Tickles with all the villains/antagonists in an iconic scene. Keeping it to pencil only to make life easier for myself.

I had some issues with Sharptooth's bad eye - just couldn't get it to look right. Almost seems like it is a pupil haha. And for some reason every time I draw a sharptooth they just come out kind of cute. Oh well  :PCera
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 03:26:16 AM by Mumbling »

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This is a very decent work from you, Mumbling. I don't believe I've seen much fanart of the original Sharptooth, and that's a damn crime, if you ask me. Such an iconic character and moment shouldn't be undervalued as this particular moment will always be remembered by the fans as the starting point of chaos in the original film. I quite like how you made this resemble a hide-and-seek game between the Sharptooth, Littlefoot and Cera. Interesting enough, Sharptooth's furious gaze seems to be directed at Tickles instead of Littlefoot and Cera. :p However, the Sharptooth's snout looks a bit funny and overly long, while his tail just seems to disappear from the shot. These small critiques aside, it's still a fantastic piece you've created. :bestsharptooth

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yep, this looks really good.  :chompysmile The sharptooth deserves more attention and you handled that opportunity pretty well. That sight certainly is a terrifying one for Littlefoot and Cera and you've captured the terror of that moment decently. If there's one thing that slightly bothers me is that he looks a bit short even if I understand most of that is because of the perspective. Overall, good job! :DD

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I really like Tickles, and the thorny forest surrounding Littlefoot and Cera! It's a stark reminder of the darkness of the first film.

I do agree that Sharptooth looks cute. He's almost like Chomper. :p

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
This is a very awesome piece! It be very interesting if Tickles was actually following the gang, intentional (probably at least after the fourth movie) or not. Like Cera and Littlefoot's reactions. It was as if they were plucked out from the movie. I also think "The Sharptooth" look's cute. :DD Especially since to me, it looks like he was happy to see Tickles. :lol