The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hello!

Sableye · 33 · 3066

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey, what's up? I guess I'm the resident Star Wars guy around here. I really only know the first 151 Pokemon, and really only like the 2nd movie, but it's still cool. Welcome to the GOF!

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It's just a glitch that was accidentally programmed into the game.
So, the creaters of Red and Blue didn't actually put Missingno there? It was just a random accident? I had no idea. I wonder how he managed to get in both original versions. I suppose they are just the same game with slightly different pokemon references, but I didn't know the game itself malfunctioned making him just appear. Weird. So does that mean that the makers themselves were surprised when they found him? I suppose it would be a shock to find something in a game you made that you didn't put there. Thanks for telling me. I thought he was put in the game intentionally as a secret character. Later!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Friendly Sharptooth,Jan 17 2009 on  08:06 AM
So, the creaters of Red and Blue didn't actually put Missingno there? It was just a random accident? I had no idea. I wonder how he managed to get in both original versions. I suppose they are just the same game with slightly different pokemon references, but I didn't know the game itself malfunctioned making him just appear. Weird. So does that mean that the makers themselves were surprised when they found him? I suppose it would be a shock to find something in a game you made that you didn't put there. Thanks for telling me. I thought he was put in the game intentionally as a secret character. Later!
Yea it's a glitch. They took it out in pokemon Yellow. Just like they took some glitches from pokemon silvergold out with crystal etc.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Hey there, Sableye.  It's been a long time since I greeted folks, so, here's an official welcome from me. :) Welcome to the GOF! :D Lots of nice friendly folks around here indeed. :)
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Sableye

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Jan 17 2009 on  02:53 AM
Yea it's a glitch. They took it out in pokemon Yellow. Just like they took some glitches from pokemon silvergold out with crystal etc.
Yeah, there's actually several glitches in the Red/Blue games. Have you heard of Glitch City?

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Is there a glitch city,I knew about the glitch pokemon (and fought it :blink: ). Wow, it makes me want to play the game again :smile .

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sableye,Jan 18 2009 on  03:31 AM
Quote from: Mumbling,Jan 17 2009 on  02:53 AM
Yeah, there's actually several glitches in the Red/Blue games. Have you heard of Glitch City?
No actually I didnt. But I must say I played the silver/gold games more than blue and red and didn't explore it too much. But maybe you can tell me about it.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, I'm with her. I only know about catching missingno, getting above level 100 pokemon, getting unlimited items, and catching Mew. Other than those, I know of no glitches, especially not a city of one. There is actually glitch location? Can you do or get anything interesting there? The first generation is the only entire one I've beaten. It would nice to know its secrets instead of simply beating it every week. What is the place you spoke of all about? Mumbling and I are all ears.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Glitch city was suppose to be entered from Fuchsia, if I'm not mistaken. It was supposed to not have anyone at all, and the colors were twisted. That's wha I remember from what I read about glitch city. So, sorry I came in like this. :D

Sableye

• Spike
    • View Profile
The title says it all. It's a glitched city.

To do this, you need to be able to fly to Fuchsia City and Cinnabar Island. Also, you'll need a Pokemon who knows Fly and Surf.

1. Go to the Safari Zone. Pay the $500 and walk inside.
2. Go back and the guy will ask if you are leaving early. Say no.
3. Once you're back inside the park, save your game. Then turn it off.
4. Turn the game back on. Now walk out of the park again.
5. Here is where the first glitch appears. Instead of the guy asking if you want leave early, he gives you his welcome speech. When you asks if you want to join the hunt, say no. Now walk outside.
6. Fly to Cinnabar Island. Walk to east coast, and use Surf. Surf on the coastline. Just keep on surfing up and down that coastline for 500 steps.
7. After 500 steps, you'll see a message saying time is up. Exit the Safari Zone building. Your are now in Glitch City.

After walking awhile, you may get stuck. You can just use Fly to get out.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Wow, that is very interesting, I may try it go there next time I play the game :smile .

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile