The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Live Performances

Godsmack

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Anyone here ever been to a live music performance? I've been to a few and I'm going to a Metallica concert on November 9.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I guess if you count college group performances in this list, then yes.  For an actual singer/band that has made it big...no.  I'd like to keep my hearing. :p  

I've listened to live performances recorded and the only performer I've found that sounds very much the same in the studio and live is Phil Collins.  There's nothing funky done to his voice in the studio.  Some people you hear live and you're like, "they don't sound like that on the album!"

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I can't say I have.
The only bigger performances I've seen is of several Swedish groups.

Though, we have Metaltown and WestCoast Riot here every year, and my friends always try to bring me. Too bad it's not my favorite type of music. (no music's bad)
But this year I got to see some of Bad Religion as they played during WestCoast Roit. Some friends and I were standing on a bridge above the scene.  :wow
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Here In Portugal, we have a Thing called "Rock and Rio", is a major concert where different bands gather every year, in the city of Lisbon, and kick ***.
In Spite of that, I haven't gonne to any concert, next year that's all gonna change next year, or this year dunno.

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I remember going to a Sum 41 concert when they came to town several years ago...It was awesome. I couldn't hear properly for several hours afterwards  :DD

buffypii

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/buffypii
I don't know if this counts, but Neal Morse has come several times to our church and had live performances!

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My mother's a die-hard country music fan, so I have gone with her to see Alan Jackson, Sara Evans, Lorrie Morgan, and Aaron Tippin.  I wish I had been able to go see Toby Keith with her but could not get my shift off for that night :anger.

Folks I wish to see in concert someday:  Evanescence, Disturbed, Godsmack, Metallica, Kittie, Sarah MacLachlan, Linkin Park, Nickelback, Rihanna, Finger Eleven, Celine Dion, and Andrea Bocelli.

Godsmack

• Ruby
    • View Profile
The Metallica concert I went was awesome! One of the best days of my life.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've seen Celtic Women, Cookin' (South Korean percussion/cooking/comedy group), STOMP, and Nightwish (as mentioned in another thread).