The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT in the new 2020s decade

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
If they were to ever try to reboot at all, I would prefer them to do it in a style of like a series of small movies like The Dark Crystal Age of Resistance. Though I'd be hesitant with a reboot at all because I feel like it would probably throw out all what the franchise has developed out the window (Characters and world development).

I feel the same, a reboot I fear will purge all the character development that has transpired ober 14 films.

This perfectly sums up why I despise reboots. The Monster High DTV films come to mind. I'm not sure how many other people here would know anything about those, but the bottom line is that character traits which had come about only as a result of growth and development in the original series became taken for granted in the rebooted set of characters, even though their pre-reboot history had been erased. Worse, some characters basically swapped personalities!

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
If they were to ever try to reboot at all, I would prefer them to do it in a style of like a series of small movies like The Dark Crystal Age of Resistance. Though I'd be hesitant with a reboot at all because I feel like it would probably throw out all what the franchise has developed out the window (Characters and world development).

I feel the same, a reboot I fear will purge all the character development that has transpired ober 14 films.
Seconded.

The sequels may not be popular with some, but they've been quite helpful in expanding our understanding of the LBT universe. Without the things we know today, I don't think our childhoods would've been the same. It'd be a shame if a reboot threw all of that in the trash can without as much as a tidbit of respectable acknowledgment.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I prefer revival (using all films and series as canon) than reboot. We don’t need another reboot, we need the story to continue.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

LBTlover247

• Member+
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
I'd like to have a second season of the tv series. But have it at a higher quality i.e. better/consistant animation, better songs with melodies unique to each episode, solid storylines maybe with an overarching plot, well written characters that could return for another episode. TV content aimed at younger viewers can be enjoyable when its done right (ex: The Lion Guard). Also have it air on multiple platforms to help reach viewers (I think that was a major reason for its downfall as I know I struggled trying to find it when it was airing). 

Of course, there won't be any new content if there isn't enough interest for more, new sequel or tv series. Ratings is also a thing to consider as well as creators won't make more of something unless there is money too be made.

As of now, I think the only way we would get any new content is if we generate the interest for it ourselves and somehow let the studios know 'Hey we want more LBT'. However, doing it this way still doesn't guarantee anything happening.   

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
I'd like to have a second season of the tv series. But have it at a higher quality i.e. better/consistant animation, better songs with melodies unique to each episode, solid storylines maybe with an overarching plot, well written characters that could return for another episode. TV content aimed at younger viewers can be enjoyable when its done right (ex: The Lion Guard). Also have it air on multiple platforms to help reach viewers (I think that was a major reason for its downfall as I know I struggled trying to find it when it was airing). 
Agree 100% with this! :Mo There are plenty of great "children's" TV shows out there that are enjoyed by viewers of all ages, so there's no reason they couldn't have made LBT one of them.

sordessie

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Wild enough even though the tv series is pretty old by now I could swear I remember it being advertised as new as little as five years ago possibly, my memory is super foggy so I'm probably misremembering time, the ads I saw, or both. I know the show initially ran on Cartoon Network in the US but I think whoever owns Noggin got ahold of the rights and they were advertising it as a new show (which is fair, its new the their network).

I'll admit I'm hit or miss on reboots. It depends how they go about it. A reboot on the entire series of the films I wouldn't really like the idea of. There's no reason for it and there's too much good there. A revival, get a cast of people who really enjoy the premise together we'd get some more good movies! I wouldn't be altogether opposed to either a reboot or reimagining of the show, however. It's hard to really change too much since it's just. Dinosaurs in the Great Valley. But take like. Scooby Doo. Where we've got all the movies that kind of exist in their own frame, and then different series. If they wanted that I wouldn't altogether be opposed. Though the only reason I could see for needing to do that in place of a revival is if they wanted to start from scratch with meeting new characters or ditch the redclaw thing for whatever reason. I think the shows fine as is personally (the songs can just. Stop though I'm not a big fan of the reuse of movie music with the words that don't fit the same).

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
At this point, the only feasible way LBT can make a comeback is if Disney takes the helm. Or better yet, a co-production between Disney and Universal. Because at this point, I can't think of any ongoing non-Disney/Pixar properties that are just as big.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
^I would actually welcome that if Disney took a stab at it.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
^I would actually welcome that if Disney took a stab at it.
As long as they know what they're doing and hire people who are devoted fans of the franchise, then it should all be good.

In a perfect world, they'd bring Don Bluth in as a consultant, but I doubt it would happen in today's world.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Mini-update since this thread began. Still feel like the lack of commenting on all the Land Before Time Universal video due to new regulations hurts the chances of interaction.

But it was brought to my attention that there is another relatively unknown sub-community of Land Before Time fans on Amino, which is best described as a kid-friendly Tumblr/Reddit fandom space. While it is nice to see that some young fans still are drawn to the series, that and the sudden boom and renaissance after the viral May Youtube video on the sequels gives me some semblance of a future fan resurgence.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Mini-update since this thread began. Still feel like the lack of commenting on all the Land Before Time Universal video due to new regulations hurts the chances of interaction.

But it was brought to my attention that there is another relatively unknown sub-community of Land Before Time fans on Amino, which is best described as a kid-friendly Tumblr/Reddit fandom space. While it is nice to see that some young fans still are drawn to the series, that and the sudden boom and renaissance after the viral May Youtube video on the sequels gives me some semblance of a future fan resurgence.
"An overly hated movie/TV series that can gain appreciation right here"

wut XD

Outside of that, it's so good to see young people are still gravitating towards the franchise! :D

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
The official Land Before Time channel is still going with uploading compilation clips from the LBT TV series, even making one for International Women's Day
International Women's Day. They've also been making countless "scary compilations" with your favorite cast of Sharpteeth: Red Claw, Screech, and Thud.

Something a bit unprecedented happened a day ago however. It's another scary compilation...with a slight catch. Instead of TV clips, they derived the scenes from two movies in order: LBT 13 and LBT 3. With my curiosity peaked, I clicked on the video and...let the cringe ensue. :sducky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSTuY-u-CmU

I’m pretty sure the official Land Before Time channel isn’t the only channel that does this.  Another Universal themed YouTube channel does the same thing.  Just compare the LBT channel with the channel link down below:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCB2aeGGPNj7l5Z71bYNqX-Q